• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Here is my updated list of songs used for mash-ups with the "Banner Comes to Life" commercial:

Guns N' Roses - Get in the Ring
Van Halen - Right Now
Brighton Rock - We Came to Rock
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Focus - Hocus Pocus
Quiet Riot - Come on Feel the Noise
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Journey - Anyway You Want It
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Blur - Song 2
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town
Todd Rundgren - Bang the Drum All Day
Stevie Ray Vaughn - The House Is Rockin'
Queen - We Will Rock You
Europe - The Final Countdown
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Motorhead - The Game
Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Offspring - Come Out and Play
Van Halen - Top of the World
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Kid Rock - Bawitdaba
Imagine Dragons - Believer
30 Seconds to Mars - Walk on Water
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Poison - Nothin' But a Good Time
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Karn Evil 9 First Impression Part 2
Rush - Limelight
Rhino Bucket - Welcome to Hell
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Black Crowes - Remedy
Night Ranger - (You Can Still) Rock in America
Kiss - I Love It Loud
Muse - Uprising
Drowing Pool - Bodies
Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Gary Clark Jr. - Come Together

Plus one where I slowed part of it down and entirely replaced that part's audio with the 1985 MacGyver theme
You. I like you.

Very good taste in music, I see.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yeah, nobody is gonna buy a piranha plant.
I would, Audrey the II looks like they have one of the most "fun" movesets in Smash. You also get to dunk on people as a Piranha Plant, it's hilarious.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well he is free for a while, but people at least know the Piranha Plant. Everyone who has had any exposure to Mario knows that plant.

Porky is the villain of a cult series of video games.

And Sylux is just....he's currently a really minor character in his franchise that might POSSIBLY have a huge future.

Even Geno has more appeal as DLC because he at least has mass Smash Bros appeal, you know before anyone uses THAT example.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Porky and Sylux are not gonna sell DLC or fighter passes because they don't have enough mass appeal.

Saying it louder for people in the back now:

And I'm someone who'd be okay with both of them, but it just ain't happening, fam.
Did any of the Smash 4 DLC besides Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo have mass appeal? Sylux could easily be a promotional rep for Metroid Prime 4 and Porky could be one for a Mother 3 localization.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Porky and Sylux are not gonna sell DLC or fighter passes because they don't have enough mass appeal.

And I'm someone who'd be okay with both of them, but it just ain't happening, fam.
Ehh I don't know about that one. Nice try though little buddy.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Well he is free for a while, but people at least know the Piranha Plant. Everyone who has had any exposure to Mario knows that plant.

And Sylux is just....he's currently a really minor character in his franchise that might POSSIBLY have a huge future.

Even Geno has more appeal as DLC because he at least has mass Smash Bros appeal, you know before anyone uses THAT example.
I think Porky might have more appeal than Stylux though just because even if Smash peeps don’t know Mother they probably know him as that boss in Brawl

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did any of the Smash 4 DLC besides Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo have mass appeal? Sylux could easily be a promotional rep for Metroid Prime 4 and Porky could be one for a Mother 3 localization.
Bayonetta is arguable, because she is still a very cult like popularity.

But Lucas and Roy were cut veterans they had a ton of appeal.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As veterans, Lucas and Roy certainly did. And Bayonetta was a popular choice for the ballot/Smash newcomer.

As for Corrin, it was promotional. Though I seriously doubt if they have to choose a promotional rep, they'd do it from Mother (who I've given up all hope for a Mother 3 localization) or Prime 4.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Um...g...guys?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't tell if bait or true
>Gets Smash Ultimate file dump
>Loads it into a text editor
>Copies and pastes a line and changes the name to "steve"

"Heh, all those suckers will believe this 'leak' for sure!"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
  • Lucas and Roy are exceptions because they were veterans from previous games, and had higher demand due to that. Mewtwo was a similar case.
  • Bayonetta is a popular third party series, and there were a good amount of people within the fanbase who wanted her
  • Corrin was explicitly a promotional pick for Fates in the West, so he's a special case. Fates was already released and doing relatively well in Japan when he was released. He's also the main character of his game, and not a side character/antagonist. we still should've gotten Azura
Sylux and Porky don't really fall into any of these categories.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Um...g...guys?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't tell if bait or true
It's not true, they're just showing that you can change the code. You can see that his friend did the same thing with Sans in a retweet, and he later mentions you can do the same with characters like Giga Bowser.

Zeox

Smash Champion

People from the smash community knows who Porky is, he was 2 bosses and have his own stage and theme.
People may think "well, yeah, but outside the smash community who is gonna buy him?", well, outside the smash community who is gonna buy Lucas? yet they made him a DLC and I'm pretty sure he sold well.
Not saying is gonna happen, he's probably a boss or a spirit from some future patch, but I have to try to defend the pig kid.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
>Gets Smash Ultimate file dump
>Loads it into a text editor
>Copies and pastes a line and changes the name to "steve"

"Heh, all those suckers will believe this 'leak' for sure!"
For context, all of this guy's troll posts didn't have #smashspoil or #Smashspoiler in it, sooo

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Piranha Plant is well known throughout the gaming industry. Plus you get him COMPLETELY FREE as long as you get the game by the end of January.

Sylux could have something going for him if he’s a major part of Metroid Prime 4.

Porky... I don’t know. The only thing he really has for him is that “he’s missing”. Which time and time again has been proven to not be a substantial point.

I’m not trying to hate on Porky, but even with his absence, that doesn’t make him a prime candidate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ugh 12 days with all this info.
God, is this hurting my soul.
The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on, burn desire
Love with tongues of fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

I could have made a "12 Days of Smash-mas" Joke, but I made my choice.

D

Deleted member

Well, that was unnecessarily rude, Golden.

I mean by all means pick out really niche Nintendo characters and expect them as DLC for all I care.

It still isn't very likely.
When you're being obnoxious with the whole "lemme say it louder for the people in the back", you should expect people to tell the one with the megaphone to put a lid on it. :V

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Wrong again

Any of the Metroid hunters request has Ben here since brawl and everyone keeps forgetting this

Sylux wasn’t getting focus because they were more focused on getting Ridley and Dark Samus as playable

Both are out of the way now and sylux is the last major Metroid character left out of all possible he actually appeared in the ending of prime 3 and they mentioned sylux is gonna have a role in Metroid prime 4

And Nintendo is the ones who chose the characters Metroid prime 4 is a really big thing right now even if Japan not as in to Metroid as the west

And trace and kanden are spirits but yet sylux is not and could have easily be a spirit as well so why excluded besides no fitting character

It all really depends the market on Metroid prime 4

LetterO

Smash Lord
As for Corrin, it was promotional. Though I seriously doubt if they have to choose a promotional rep, they'd do it from Mother (who I've given up all hope for a Mother 3 localization) or Prime 4.
Prime 4 is shaping up to be one of Nintendo's big games and people have been asking for it for a long time. If Sylux really is the big bad which I believe, he can very well be a promotional rep. Mother 3 is also something Nintendo can very well promote. We can't tell what Nintendo wants up their sleeve.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When you're being obnoxious with the whole "lemme say it louder for the people in the back", you should expect people to tell the one with the megaphone to put a lid on it. :V
You think saying something in a joking way are obnoxious but joke all the time in a similar manner.

Oh, okay. I see.

Well, that's good knowledge for the future.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
People from the smash community knows who Porky is, he was 2 bosses and have his own stage and theme.
People may think "well, yeah, but outside the smash community who is gonna buy him?", well, outside the smash community who is gonna buy Lucas? yet they made him a DLC and I'm pretty sure he sold well.
Not saying is gonna happen, he's probably a boss or a spirit from some future patch, but I have to try to defend the pig kid.
Lucas was a veteran from the most popular Smash game of all time who was very present in one of the most memorable Smash experiences of all time (Subspace), Lucas and Porky are not on the same level.

LetterO

Smash Lord
  • Lucas and Roy are exceptions because they were veterans from previous games, and had higher demand due to that. Mewtwo was a similar case.
  • Bayonetta is a popular third party series, and there were a good amount of people within the fanbase who wanted her
  • Corrin was explicitly a promotional pick for Fates in the West, so he's a special case. Fates was already released and doing relatively well in Japan when he was released. He's also the main character of his game, and not a side character/antagonist. we still should've gotten Azura
Sylux and Porky don't really fall into any of these categories.
Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a big game. It's not like they can add Samus to promote the game, so they'd add Sylux who has a chance to be the antagonist. Same with Porky if we really do get a Mother 3 localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom