• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Rumors are true, there is another map after you beat Galeeom, called the dark realm, looks to be as big as WoL as well
There is

https://youtu.be/tWh_hLmSP50

After you beat galeem you have to fight this guy his name is darz if the data dig was right so it changes to world of darkness I guess

And after him there’s yet another one with both light and darkness with both darz and galeem

And the true final boss in the dig saids both merged into one and the true good ending is both of them being defeated and millions of spirits start to go home and get their bodies back

I’m guessing it will be half the characters in light part then the other half in darkness

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
There is

After you beat galeem you have to fight this guy his name is darz if the data dig was right so it changes to world of darkness I guess

And after him there’s yet another one with both light and darkness with both darz and galeem

And the true final boss in the dig saids both merged into one and the true good ending is both of them being defeated and millions of spirits start to go home and get their bodies back
I'm just surprised at the sheer size of WoL, too bad everything got spoiled

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There is

Oh look story lore can't be used against Spirits anymore if that's the case. What a shock. It ends with the good guys winning and everyone getting their body back.

Not that it ever stopped them from becoming DLC in the first place.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
User was warned for this post; double posting
I just wanted to say how these new hair color alts for characters like Robin and Shulk are looking clean.
Now you can actually be Reyn in smash

wow it's like it's two days ago all over again

and either way, at least for me I'm very happy they're in as Spirits at least lol
imagine if Geno didn't even have a spirit and he wasn't a dlc character... Sakuria would be dead

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, for the two people who care, I've taken another look at the Spirits list. The one that sticks out to me as the most like to be the Style Savvy Stylist is "Shop Assistant". It's generic and I don't believe we know what series they're from. The only thing that gives me pause is that you're a shop manager/owner in Style Savvy, so that's weird. But hey, false alarm, heart broken, maybe.

Does anyone know who Kurabe Kagashina is? My googling turns up nothing.
Okay folks, last post on the subject. Just tagging papagenos papagenos since I know he's been following the breadcrumbs here.

1. As far as I know, Ring! Dong! Dang! still has that supposed tie to a blank stage ID. It could mean cut stage, DLC stage, or neither.

2. The Spirits images are all available now. You can click here for them but be careful, MAJOR SPOILERS.

3. One of the Spirits is named Shop Assistant, and that is the box art girl from the original Style Savvy.
spirits_0_shop_assistant.png

4. There are three Style Savvy songs in the game - one original and one remix, both returning from Smash 4, that appeared in Style Savvy Trendsetters for 3DS, and one new one from Style Savvy: Shining Star (the aforementioned Ring! Dong! Dang!)

5. Despite that, the only Style Savvy spirit is the shop assistant. No characters from Trendsetters, Fashion Forward, or Shining Star appear.

In the end, I don't really think the stage data thing means much. This seems to be the end for those hoping for Style Savvy rep, but hey, we got a Spirit and three songs, so that's cool! And if you've enjoyed following my adventure, hit up the Style Savvy thread (which has been enjoying a nice boost in popularity recently.)

And on a fun side note for me, I called it!

Ryota Hayami represents Wave Race while Akari Hayami represents 1080 Snowboarding. Super cool. I'm gonna go try and find a copy of 1080 Avalanche to celebrate.

D

Deleted member

If Geno did get in, what would they use for his fighter spirit, if he got one? There’s literally no other render/artwork of Geno in existence that’s official.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m just waiting to see what Pit’s and Sonic’s Classic Mode “storylines” are like

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Don’t wanna be that guy but with Geno & Mallow being the only SE content present besides Cloud himself.

...Do you think they’re the cheapest SE characters to use due to lack of interest and technically being Mario characters foremost.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
2. The Spirits images are all available now. You can click here for them but be careful, MAJOR SPOILERS.
Damn, right there are 9-Volt and 18-Volt. Didn't expect them to have a chance as a fighter, but it's cool seeing them there.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: It’s called “Alolan Whip”.

There’s like two names for the moves that happen after it.

Side B: Alolan Whip
> Back Body Drop
> Lariat
Well, we knew about the latter two through the Direct. :p
I just wanted to know what the entire move was called since Sakurai didn't say it. "Alolan Whip", huh...?
First time a Pokémon had a move that wasn't taken from any source material in Smash.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Don’t wanna be that guy but with Geno & Mallow being the only SE content present besides Cloud himself.

...Do you think they’re the cheapest SE characters to use due to lack of interest and technically being Mario characters foremost.
Makes sense to me. I wonder what we'll get for SE dlc now that they're spirits? I think DQ is the most likely (though that thought is nothing new and is probably repetitive at this point)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Cheap is relative to how much Square wants Nintendo to pony up.

I do however think they're easier because they're not designed by a megawatt artist in the industry like FF, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest characters.

Legitimately I simply believe the lack of Square cotent mostly boils down to just how many parties you have to go through just to even get their image in a game.

My only hang up is I don't see how at least like Lara Croft or Cooking Mama, etc would be hard to make a Spirit of.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Anything going on right now? Did nintendo ninja finally took down all streams so anyone will be scared to stream the game early?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just wanted to know what the entire move was called since Sakurai didn't say it. "Alolan Whip", huh...?
First time a Pokémon had a move that wasn't taken from any source material in Smash.
Yeah, Sakurai went all in with the wrestling concept.

He didn’t even use Incineroar’s infamous crotch move at all in his moveset.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Is it? I thought Pikachu's neutral special was called Thunder Jolt?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh another boss ending for classic mode

Luigi got dracula

https://youtu.be/R3OflKJTpgE

Makes perfect sense since he’s hunting spirits in the mansion

And Dracula gets multiple phases and not like bowser and ganondorf

Shame he doesn’t do “it can’t be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah” after you beat him but that’s smash for ya

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Speaking of Cooking Mama, no joke I'd take her over any of the third parties we have in Smash now.

Except Bayonetta and Sonic. Maybe.

#controversial

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Whoever the DLC character for Square is they have to be a big enough deal of a character for them to hold back on spirit characters. I can see Spirits being updated through patches. Personally, Geno nor Mallow don't seem like characters for them to hold off on Spirit characters from their company.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it? I thought Pikachu's neutral special was called Thunder Jolt?
There was a move in the TCG for Pikachu with that name.

That's why I said "any" source material.
Though I may need to look in the TCG for Incineroar now to see if maybe "Alolan Whip" is present.

Yeah, Sakurai went all in with the wrestling concept.

He didn’t even use Incineroar’s infamous crotch move at all in his moveset.
No pelvic thrusts of fire. :V

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom