• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Welp.
Anyway, this still proves that there is information going around on DLC.
Piranha Plant at most.

I think possibly talks about third parties might be a thing people could be aware of, but I feel like all these lists and what not going around?

Fake. They're so very fake.

So I wouldn't exactly rule anyone out of the running just yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I pretty sure he did

Well about that.......

Someone else leaked the plant

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/9fofbl/comment/e60zh12

This was on September 13th
seemed to have been hella petty when leaking this
I believe they're not gonna do any new ones at all...
Probably just doing it out of respect for the Colonel's Japanese voice actor, as he passed away post Brawl
That’s a Good Point
Honestly, who knows? Behind the scenes stuff can go crazy one way or another depending on each experience.
A Good Point aswell

D

Deleted member

Who is "he"? And do you mean the full boss list is found via datamines? I'm confused by your reply.

Like, if Verg got leakbaited, it happens. I feel for the guy since he tried so damn hard to be careful of his sources. But reality is reality.
1.idk I think someone said it,yes it’s about the datamine

2.big OOF for him

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Huh

Ridley's final smash is apparently an instant KO when the opponent reaches 100% or more akin to Zelda's and Bayo's FS

Didn't know that until now...

beans

Smash Lord
Oh wow, those are more creative than I expected.

I'd rather leave you free to wallow in your wrong opinion. ;)
"Space Pirate Rush"
Ike: Big Sword Spin Up
Pikachu: Eletric Mouse Fast
Yoshi: Dinosaur Vore
Cloud: Emo Rising Slash
Goku: HAWAIIAN KING BEAM

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
The game was blatantly rushed.
I'd say it was less "rushed" and more "tried to do too much for it's own good". Bringing back every character and nearly every stage was enough that they even planned to cut trophies early on, and Spirits itself is more or less explicitly just working with what they have. The one thing that feels the most "rushed" is World of Light, as what cutscenes are in aren't very impressive and it's pretty much just more Spirit battles anyways.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if it was Smash 4.5 if that meant it would've had more new content and meaningful single player modes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Huh

Ridley's final smash is apparently an instant KO when the opponent reaches 100% or more akin to Zelda's and Bayo's FS

Didn't know that until now...
Yeah, it just plops you down into the ground, which makes me wonder how quickly the opponent in the first place literally fell from space to...wherever?

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I'd say it was less "rushed" and more "tried to do too much for it's own good". Bringing back every character and nearly every stage was enough that they even planned to cut trophies early on, and Spirits itself is more or less explicitly just working with what they have. The one thing that feels the most "rushed" is World of Light, as what cutscenes are in aren't very impressive and it's pretty much just more Spirit battles anyways.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if it was Smash 4.5 if that meant it would've had more new content and meaningful single player modes.
I would take a delay for trophies to come back. They were the best and since Ultimate has the models for Boney and Kumatora it would be nice to have trophies for them aswell.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1.idk I think someone said it,yes it’s about the datamine

2.big OOF for him
Let me rephrase; did they say that we only know of bosses as a list with stages, or did they find something separate that has all the bosses, regardless of stages?

And yeah, oof indeed.

Nah, it's rushed. It's still out the door faster than it needs time. Of course they still did way more than normal, but there's more than enough stuff that was already looking bad just during the last few months. Even the models were unfinished/poor quality even at e3. They slowly updated them.

This is why some modes are only in the data, but not active. No time to do so. It makes sense for Day 1(or very soon) patches to restore those. And probably updates to Classic Modes and/or World of Light to add more bosses. As well as possible Spirits and Music too. We might even get a few quick stages that took longer to finish for all we know. Either way, update patches for modes is practically a given, since not only did the last game did it, there's implications that the modes are in just unchooseable from the datamine information(Home Run Contest included).

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Space Pirate Rush"
Ike: Big Sword Spin Up
Pikachu: Eletric Mouse Fast
Yoshi: Dinosaur Vore
Cloud: Emo Rising Slash
Goku: HAWAIIAN KING BEAM
Pikachu: Sparklesqueak
Yoshi: Dinovore

Fixed those for you.

Sonic: Audio the Shrubpig
Ness: All-Eagleland Boy
Isabelle: Dog

Iridium

Smash Hero
What about K.Rool or the Starfox characters? Don't their Final Smashes also do the whole blowing you up thing?
The characters don't blow up in place though, so probably not. Well, not the same thing.

:ultlink:'s FS definitely seems to be better though. Still has godlike range, but packs even more of a punch, which I guess is aided by its ability to be used anywhere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me rephrase; did they say that we only know of bosses as a list with stages, or did they find something separate that has all the bosses, regardless of stages?

And yeah, oof indeed.

Nah, it's rushed. It's still out the door faster than it needs time. Of course they still did way more than normal, but there's more than enough stuff that was already looking bad just during the last few months. Even the models were unfinished/poor quality even at e3. They slowly updated them.

This is why some modes are only in the data, but not active. No time to do so. It makes sense for Day 1(or very soon) patches to restore those. And probably updates to Classic Modes and/or World of Light to add more bosses. As well as possible Spirits and Music too. We might even get a few quick stages that took longer to finish for all we know. Either way, update patches for modes is practically a given, since not only did the last game did it, there's implications that the modes are in just unchooseable from the datamine information(Home Run Contest included).
For that first part, the former. We know the bosses because they have stages with them (eg. VsMarx is a stage). So there could be more bosses.

D

Deleted member

Shulk Specials should just be renamed to:
Colorful Kanjis
Useless Slash
Pink Slash
That's So Shulk

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wonder if "Minecraft content was leakbait" will be the new "Incineroar was leakbait" at this point. lol
I wouldn't say it was leakbait.

I do think some talks with Microsoft might have happened (it's logical considering the unused Rare spirits and copyright) and from there I think misinformation got spread. Either about the Rare properties or Minecraft and some of it trickled down to people who were looking legit as well.

It's just shocking no one tried to pull some Master Chief misinformation, but maybe they thought no one would buy it.

beans

Smash Lord
Pikachu: Sparklesqueak
Yoshi: Dinovore

Fixed those for you.

Sonic: Audio the Shrubpig
Ness: All-Eagleland Boy
Isabelle: Dog
Mario: Italian Turtle Firer
Link: arrested for property invasion

Wonder if "Minecraft content was leakbait" will be the new "Incineroar was leakbait" at this point. lol
And history repeats itself
aylmao the future refused to change, tapion confirmed

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I heard that the game that was leaked online was modded so people are allowed to play it on old firmware

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say it was leakbait.

I do think some talks with Microsoft might have happened (it's logical considering the unused Rare spirits and copyright) and from there I think misinformation got spread. Either about the Rare properties or Minecraft and some of it trickled down to people who were looking legit as well.

It's just shocking no one tried to pull some Master Chief misinformation, but maybe they thought no one would buy it.
So you’re suggesting some talks with Microsoft might have happened but they fell through? That’s an interesting proposition actually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For that first part, the former. We know the bosses because they have stages with them (eg. VsMarx is a stage). So there could be more bosses.
Okay, then the boss leak Verg gave is definitely not disconfirmed. Though as I said, it could be fake/bad information/leakbait too. I'm kind of expecting it to be(though Steve being DLC sounds still highly plausible).

On another note, I looked a bit into the whole Rareware songs. Nintendo owns the Japanese name of Jet Force Gemini. It's simply possible they thought they fully owned it but had to cut it because it was an error. It's unlikely. On the other hand, you can't just cut data that your licensed just like that. They can't use Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini at all without licensing. It's probably just something that was cut from base and is DLC music. For what, we don't know. In other words, my theory is Microsoft-owned content is coming. It could very possibly be Ender Dragon as a boss separately along with those songs, and a Banjo-Kazooie Fighter Pack. Rareware, imo, was involved. And as much I'd like Fulgore, the requests are obvious of who would get in, really.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No because the only reason people suspected Incineroar being leak bait was "ALL THESE 'INSIDERS' CLAIM THE GRINCH IS LYING! THEY MUST ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME SOURCE WHO HAD THIS ONE THING BE FAKE!". Minecraft makes sense here as it'd be the only thing Verge was confident on but turned out to be fake. Or it was scrapped and Microsoft deals fell through as evidenced by the scrapped Rare spirits

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Imma let you guys in on a secret about World of Light...
Cloud is apparently the only character you can't recruit in World of Light.

I'm just gonna make a bold prediction and say this will be Cloud's last appearance in the series because.... ouch

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

I'm just gonna make a bold prediction and say this will be Cloud's last appearance in the series because.... ouch
This was debunked.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We still don't know if there were specifically Rare Spirits scrapped, just that the name of Blast Corps/Blast Dozer appears in some kind of title database on the code. That could be used for any number of things.

Spirits are likely, but it's not 100%.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mario: Italian Turtle Firer
Link: arrested for property invasion

And history repeats itself
aylmao the future refused to change, tapion confirmed
Link: arrested for property invasion and destruction of property

Link is Hyrule's greatest criminal mastermind.

Kirby: Hungry Fun Ball (do not taunt)
Megaman: Dwanye "Megaman" Johnson
Cloud: Smash' Last Weeb
Richter; Jochter Jolmont
Pit: Angel ©1999 Joss Whedon
Dark Pit: Dark Angel ©2000 James Cameron
Ryu: Japanese Ken
Ken: American Ryu

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I assume this is a prank bro

beans

Smash Lord

Ay lmao, it was a joke that just caught fire.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

This is fake, actually. It's just some people on a forum speculating it could be something silly that would happen cause Square is stingier than a Wasp. So it's a bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom