• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Quick question about music. Before the videos got taken down on YouTube. Was that all 800-900 tracks in the game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rathalos
Dracula
Galleom
Galeem
Darkhon
Giga Bowser
Crazy Hand
Master Hand
Galeem + Darkhon
Marx
Ganon
I suppose this is acceptable

Link's brand new Palutena's Guidance. I really like the detail in this one, and hearing Pit say OP.
So far Pit continues to be the life of these guidances
View attachment 179728Pit is looking mighty fine.
You have to be mighty fine when you can make all these faces
DABA183C-BEA4-42F6-85B4-080D3A8C265F.png
2092D605-5751-4C86-8156-AF783A91EF78.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bosses as DLC honestly sounds logical to me. How else can you decently get characters into World of Light? Add more. The game was blatantly rushed. A bit more isn't a bad thing. There's little reason to doubt this as a possibility.

Piranha Plant was also done quite a bit early on, meaning that there's a good chance DLC options were talked about early. Verg and Hitagi knowing about possible DLC does add up.

The datamine in itself is weird too. But didn't somebody say we don't have a full list of bosses, and we only have ones with a stage? Or was that thing debunked?

Verg's Minecraft knowledge could also be outdated ideas that we heard of and they're just trying to bull**** Verg/don't know all of it. It could be the leakbait. Verg is definitely credible, but there's no doubt that he can get bad information. The fact he's confused means he isn't entirely sure if the information is exact. But this fits with the leakbait factor too. His most trusted sources, who have gotten everything right before, having incorrect information due to leakbait fits a lot too. It'd only suck for Verg because his credibility is completely on everything being right. If he had a mostly good track record, people would be less harsh on him due to a unique circumstance like leakbait. But besides his poor behavior as is, his bleh track record outside of Smash and backpedaling puts him in a bad position. Though if anything, it would just mean he never got any real DLC knowledge and had everything base right. ...Which unfortunately doesn't matter because if even he got wrong sources on DLC, people still still treat him like a hack instead of looking at the full picture.

Leaking is just a sucky situation in so many ways. -_-

beans

Smash Lord
Did you miss yesterday or something
Nah, I know the boss datamine.
I just believe he wouldnt mention what Minecraft content is until he was sure of it.
He just made a statement one what it is so I will just stop butting heads with guy who has trustworthy sources.

Also why do people assume a boss fight. We know that "Minecraft is repped by a boss" but the wording isnt exact enough to pin down what it is.
Even Verge has showed confusion on it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm fairly sure HItagi and Verge both know nothing about DLC.

I'm now of the 100 percent believe that NO ONE knows anything about DLC.

Far too much misinformation being spread between the private parties and leakers for ANYONE to be accurate.

Nor does it fit timeframe wise.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Chrom belongs to M!Robin, change my mind
Easily.

Because Chrom belongs to Sumia. If not her then F!Robin, because Morgan and Lucina as siblings is hilarious. Although Henry!Morgan is cool because he looks like a miniature Henry LOL

Flyboy

Smash Hero
People, we do not know if there's a day one update. We shouldn't make these claims unless we know for sure.

Have we forgotten the grinch incident?
People are just speculating in a speculation thread, man. It's just a possibility. No one's locking down on the Game Awards or a Day One Patch or anything. Jeesh.

D

Deleted member

I never realised that Minecraft would have some of the best advice for this community.

Among the loading screen tips is this phrase:
"Instead of assuming rumours are true, assume all rumours are false."

You know, maybe this should be a tip that appears on loading screens in Smash. We already have tips on loading screens, and this is some advice that would be useful to the community.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm really disappointed that all the Brawl bosses didn't return. I feel like it goes against the spirit of "Everyone is here!"
Or at the least a boss per series (would’ve loved to fight Eggman)
Perhaps David hayter has to voice new ones that will be added in Day 1?
It would make more sense to have recorded new lines the same time the Kid Icarus people did their thing

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I dunnow man. Verge mentiones Pirana Plant one day before. Does that counts?
That was only because he saw the same video that everyone else saw.

He said there was a video going around but didn't want to say anything, and that's because NO ONE believed what they were seeing with that video.

D

Deleted member

I'm fairly sure HItagi and Verge both know nothing about DLC.

I'm now of the 100 percent believe that NO ONE knows anything about DLC.
Wrong.

We know that...

-... There are five packs.
-... Each pack has a fighter, a stage and music.
-... The options for the packs were handled to Sakurai by Nintendo itself.
-... Piranha Plant will be free DLC to anyone who redeems Ultimate’s golden points for My Nintendo before the end of December.
-... The packs will have characters originated from videogames.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Easily.

Because Chrom belongs to Sumia. If not her then F!Robin, because Morgan and Lucina as siblings is hilarious. Although Henry!Morgan is cool because he looks like a miniature Henry LOL
It seems M!Robin is better than his female counterpart in his support with Chrom. Change my mind.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I pretty sure he did
Who is "he"? And do you mean the full boss list is found via datamines? I'm confused by your reply.

Like, if Verg got leakbaited, it happens. I feel for the guy since he tried so damn hard to be careful of his sources. But reality is reality.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, but you said even if he was proven correct in this, you would still doubt him. I don't understand why that is the case.
Because either you get literally every minor detail possible 100% right or you're a lucky fraud

Also, if those Rare spirits were seemingly scrapped, then there's the possibility Microsoft DID have something only for it to get scrapped. That, or minecraft was leakbait.

beans

Smash Lord
I pretty sure he did

Well about that.......

Someone else leaked the plant

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/9fofbl/comment/e60zh12

This was on September 13th
That was only because he saw the same video that everyone else saw.

He said there was a video going around but didn't want to say anything, and that's because NO ONE believed what they were seeing with that video.
Welp.
Anyway, this still proves that there is information going around on DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom