• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Just shortly after waking up, I learned that Crunchii’s channel is going to be taken down and unlocking characters is apparently going to be a huge mess.

Fantastic
Good thing I read this and went to listen to the music again because for some reason I missed this
They did the song justice after not being in BotW at all.

D

Deleted member

Because another Pokémon would probably explode the internet more than one Digimon
Lol people [me] would burn their copy [me]
And take a break from vido games [me] if we get a digimon rep

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Have Shulk's and/or Mega Man's Classic Mode bosses been found out? I really need to know if they actually bothered to turn Metal Face and Yellow Devil into full blown bosses

Graizen

Smash Champion
*looks at how Pokemon is so goddamn popular and how Digimon is all things considered, rather niche, ESPECIALLY compared to Pokemon*
Yah
Hum, so you are the type that ignores 90% just to say Pokemon is more popular? Nice.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If we got a rep it would probably be a digimon trainer do those exist???
No, if we got a rep it would be Agumon, which is the mascot of digimon and can fight by himself.
Digimons don't need trainers or humans, they are able to talk, think and fight for themselves.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hum, so you are the type that ignores 90% just to say Pokemon is more popular? Nice.
I grew up on Digimon but thank you for assuming I simply don't like it and don't care for it
If we got a rep it would probably be a digimon trainer do those exist???
In a kind of way I guess? The Digimon World games on DS at the very least had you able to use 3 at once but then the issue becomes which ones do you use?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Three sentient magnets?

Man, looking back on Gen I... there were a lot of... interesting... Pokemon Designs...
Gen 1 was pretty much just "throw it in" from what I can tell; think of the outroar if Blastoise had been introduced now, with giant metal cannons poking out of its back. Just compare it's designs to Gen III's and there's a pretty stark difference/visual evolution.

D

Deleted member

No, if we got a rep it would be Agumon, which is the mascot of digimon and can fight by himself.
Digimons don't need trainers or humans, they are able to talk, think and fight for themselves.
So its discount star fox???

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Man, if someone doesn’t put out a flowchart or something that shows who unlocks who by release day, I’ll be ready to grind out VS. matches like I always did since Brawl. However, unlocking :ultkrool: early is pretty nice so I guess I’ll clear classic as Link for once.

EDIT: And I promise I won’t spam up B 24/7.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I grew up on Digimon but thank you for assuming I simply don't like it and don't care for it
In a kind of way I guess? The Digimon World games on DS at the very least had you able to use 3 at once but then the issue becomes which ones do you use?
Yeah, so you don't care for it but you go and talk about it every time i post about it? You are a strange person.

But let's be a little more specific on this topic... Simple math.
Pokémon is the second most famous and profitable franchise Nintendo has.
And curious enought , Digimon is the third most famous and profitable franchise Bandai Namco has.

BUT! The second most famous and profitable franchise Bandai Namco has is Tamagotchi, and funny enought Digimon is a Tamagotchi franchise as well.
So you can say Digimon is the Second AND Third most famous and profitable franchise Bandai Namco has.

So in inside the companys percentage , Digimon is bigger than Pokémon.
Funny ah?

Zeox

Smash Champion
So its discount star fox???
No, Star Fox have nothing to do with it.
Is a world made of data, technically created by humans by accident (well, depend of the season and the universe), with monsters that evolve from a baby state to a monstrous powerful beast.
Usually they have a "rookie" state that is their middle evolution, is kinda like they kid form, for example we have Agumon, that's his rookie form, then we have koromon, which is his baby state, then we have greymon, the first evolution of agumon that would be like his adult form.
But after that he have 2 more evolutions, metalgreymon and wargreymon.

Something like this (here it doesn't have his baby form, is just agumon, greymon, metalgreymon and wargreymon)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, if someone doesn’t put out a flowchart or something that shows who unlocks who by release day, I’ll be ready to grind out VS. matches like I always did since Brawl. However, unlocking :ultkrool: early is pretty nice so I guess I’ll clear classic as Link for once.

tbh i'm gonna probably end up going through everyone's classic modes anyway so i'm not too worried
they look pretty fun this time

(and it will be satisfying to clear them in a reasonable time with my slightly less mediocre smash skills)

speaking of me being garbage at Smash I'll fight all of you if you want

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Are we sure unlocks aren't random? I don't see why they'd assign completely unrelated characters to each other.

And what happens if you play as Link again? Do you not get a chance to unlock another character? Are you forced to play with almost the entire roster before you finally unlock the character who will unlock the character you really wanted?

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Digimon is Pokemon for weebs
Digimon is Pokemon that doubles down on the designs.
I dont have any images of Gundramon at hand but if the Pokemon anime censored a gun from an episode, they would censor the entire season of Gundramon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are we sure unlocks aren't random? I don't see why they'd assign completely unrelated characters to each other.

And what happens if you play as Link again? Do you not get a chance to unlock another character? Are you forced to play with almost the entire roster before you finally unlock the character who will unlock the character you really wanted?
I am positive unlocks through classic are random.

Unless more than one person has played through classic to prove me wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom