• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A new Digimon would blow up the internet more, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Unlike the two characters you mentioned, none of the Digimon characters are highly requested.

I could see a lot of "Okay, but why?" and "Did anyone really want Digimon?" if we were to get a Digimon rep. In other words, more confusion and frustration than genuine excitement.
I never said the reception would be positive. I’m just saying that a digimon character would probably turn more heads than a new Pokemon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Graizen

Smash Champion
A new Digimon would blow up the internet more, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Unlike the two characters you mentioned, none of the Digimon characters are highly requested.

I could see a lot of "Okay, but why?" and "Did anyone really want Digimon?" if we were to get a Digimon rep. In other words, more confusion and frustration than genuine excitement.
Ok. But why Piranha Plant?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wow so random unlocks well that is interesting if true but I hope we can get a decent amount in WOL and have the rest as random unlocks would hate to have to wait to get a favorite charcter till the end because of random unlocks
Random Unlocks? Well Sakurai does love his RNG in his games so I probably should have seen it coming...

Hopefully I won't end up unlocking Toon Link and Mewtwo literally last like what happened with Rosalina in Mario Kart 8, unless there is a more controlled method outside of WoL...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Lmfao it's 50 steps below and turns out, contradicts your claims too. Space Invaders is quite a bit higher. It's also below Ultraman, a franchise that I'm familiar with and has next to no western fans, as it's mostly Japanese fans. And Malaysia but that's a different story. Come on everyone, let's support Space Invaders for Smash! The second most popular Namco franchise!
We are... talking about Bandai Namco and Nintendo.
Please , stop changing things to protect your opinion [2].

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna say this if either Digimon or Pokemon gets a DLC character Pokemon would sell a whole lot more than that
Probably not, they will just sell the same.
Or maybe Digimon more, becouse of nostalgia, the "new" factor and the Crossover factor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like what you're doing? [2]

It's popular in Japan but niche worldwide so I'm not wrong at all. I wouldn't even mind a Digimon in Smash. What opinion am I trying to protect? And considering it's literally over 50 spots lower than Pokemon, I'd say another Pokemon would be more exciting. Or another Mario character. Or another Street Fighter character. You get the point

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Imagine thinking people railing against a franchise for pandering to degenerates like pedophiles is a bad thing
Imagine being on such a high horse you'll hate a game and pluck/exaggerate the most extreme examples from it while ignoring literally everything else about the game.

"We" is "you".
And you're guilty of changing things to protect your own opinion.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Like what you're doing? [2]

It's popular in Japan but niche worldwide so I'm not wrong at all. I wouldn't even mind a Digimon in Smash. What opinion am I trying to protect? And considering it's literally over 50 spots lower than Pokemon, I'd say another Pokemon would be more exciting. Or another Mario character. Or another Street Fighter character. You get the point
My god, i will stop talking to you.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Do you know what, other than the mystery Square-Enix character and the uncertainty of Steve's inclusion, I really don't know who to expect within the other 3 fighters.

Curious, does anyone have a list of all the Spirits based upon the Xenoblade series?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Probably not, they will just sell the same.
Or maybe Digimon more, becouse of nostalgia, the "new" factor and the Crossover factor.
No sorry I think your mistaking the casual audience sure Digimon will sell but you have to remember the kids who didn't grow up with Digimon as the icon it once was. If I was a kid a orange dino would be cool but I would go with the new Pokemon I just saw on TV

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai never intended for anyone to take PP seriously during his reveal. He knew it was an oddball choice from the beginning, and that's why the reception was mostly positive. A Digimon rep would be odd as well, but unlike PP, it would be a character we'd be expected to take seriously.

In other words, not a joke character.

D

Deleted member

I’d argue a digimon would blow up the internet more than a Pokemon because there’s already so many Pokemon in smash. A digimon would be completely new and out there, and more importantly it would be unexpected. I’ve said this before, but it’s the reason more people talked about Ridley than Daisy despite Mario’s popularity. It’s not even necessarily about whether the reception would be positive or not, or who would sell better. A Pokemon DLC is certainly gonna sell better than a digimon DLC. It’s just that putting in a digimon is gonna get people talking. That’s my argument anyways.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I’d argue a digimon would blow up the internet more than a Pokemon because there’s already so many Pokemon in smash. A digimon would be completely new and out there, and more importantly it would be unexpected. I’ve said this before, but it’s the reason more people talked about Ridley than Daisy despite Mario’s popularity. It’s not even necessarily about whether the reception would be positive or not, or who would sell better. A Pokemon DLC is certainly gonna sell better than a digimon DLC. It’s just that putting in a digimon is gonna get people talking. That’s my argument anyways.
Lovable as ever

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah , but i used alot of facts with proof on some of my opinions.
Well, not everyone will interpret facts and opinions the same way.

I can say Minecraft is one of the best-selling games of all time and that almost everyone loves it, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will agree with me when I say Steve is an extremely likely character.

Graizen

Smash Champion

I can say Minecraft is one of the best-selling games of all time and that almost everyone loves it, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will agree with me when I say Steve is an extremely likely character.
I agree with you. I think Steve is a extremely likely character.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Steve is likely, I just don't want to believe it
I'd take a Minecraft boss over him
plus Day 1 DLC with Home Run Contest/Boss Rush/other missing staples? yes pls

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

I think its not that its extremely likely more that people don't want him in that also plays a bias factor too. as at least for me I think he is likely I just don't want him in

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Pokémon obviously completely and utterly eviscerates Digimon commercially, but there's no way in hell the Gen 8 Promotional Rep™ would "explode the internet" more than Pokémon vs Digimon being a real thing in an officially licensed product. Clickbait sites would have an absolute field day with that one. Crap like "Your 90s Nostalgia Will EXPLODE When You See Pikachu vs Agumon" ad infinitum for a good, solid month there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BIG NEWS
SIDEWAYS JOYCON CONFIRMED
I knew this was gonna happen...and my balls ain’t big enough to play Smash with a single Joy-Con
On number three, that's actually a bit off.

:ultgreninja::ultfox::ultmario::ultkirby::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultpit::ultzelda: are all seen.
RIP my boy :ultmarth:. He's the only one of the opening voiced quartet not to reappear.
does :ultpit: talk though? I don’t wanna know what he says if he does, just if he speaks more magical words.
because...
8957E4FA-04D7-49F3-A80A-8D5980F2A139.gif
8957E4FA-04D7-49F3-A80A-8D5980F2A139.gif

Graizen

Smash Champion
So what were your reasons for Digimon should be DLC, given that I wasn't here.
I will copy a text i posted already becouse i have to go eat now, sorry:

Tamagotchi AND Digimon are like brothers , bot are Bandai creations, bot are Virtual Pets.

Agumon was the mascot, together with Tyranomon, at the very first Digimon Tamagotchi in 1997.
And this was the first thing ever released for Digimon ever.

So yes , Agumon is a video game character as much as Game & Watch and all others.

The Anime was not the first , nor the second thing for Digimon.
Digimon games for PSX and Saturn were released before the Anime as well.

In Japan Digimon was NEVER a Anime thing.
The anime "completed" the franchise.
Digimon in Japan is a Virtual pet franchise, and aways was.

And in Japan Digimon is Big until today, with 2 new Digimon Tamagotchis to be released in 2019.
Alot of very good Digimon Games on the PS4.
And Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019 as well.
Not even counting 2 Digimon games for 3DS that launched recently in Japan.

And just to make it a little bigger for you.
Sakurai created a Tamagotchi in 2005, inspired by Bandai Digimon Tamagotchi.
You can see it here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/15/sakurai-works-on-mushi-king

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I notice how this place still didn’t slow down

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A Digimon will blow up the internet more not because it’s more iconic or successful than Pokémon but because no one would see it coming.
It would be a Cloud type reveal.

A Pokémon would excite Pokémon fans...but it’s just another Pokémon, most wouldn’t be suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom