• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I will copy a text i posted already becouse i have to go eat now, sorry:

Tamagotchi AND Digimon are like brothers , bot are Bandai creations, bot are Virtual Pets.

Agumon was the mascot, together with Tyranomon, at the very first Digimon Tamagotchi in 1997.
And this was the first thing ever released for Digimon ever.

So yes , Agumon is a video game character as much as Game & Watch and all others.

The Anime was not the first , nor the second thing for Digimon.
Digimon games for PSX and Saturn were released before the Anime as well.

In Japan Digimon was NEVER a Anime thing.
The anime "completed" the franchise.
Digimon in Japan is a Virtual pet franchise, and aways was.

And in Japan Digimon is Big until today, with 2 new Digimon Tamagotchis to be released in 2019.
Alot of very good Digimon Games on the PS4.
And Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019 as well.
Not even counting 2 Digimon games for 3DS that launched recently in Japan.

And just to make it a little bigger for you.
Sakurai created a Tamagotchi in 2005, inspired by Bandai Digimon Tamagotchi.
You can see it here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/15/sakurai-works-on-mushi-king
What anime that HAVE to do with the games? Also, Kirby, Mario, Marth was in animes as well but okay. Also, this were in 2005! Any news on Digimon that Sakurai talk about these last years? Again, dlc is chosen by Nintendo.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I know we’re not talking about this anymore, but about “second-party properties”, how do you describe games that are developed in-house, like Splatoon, versus games that are developed by studios that are owned by Nintendo, like Golden Sun? This is even more relevant to Microsoft and Sony, which have comparatively few properties that they actually developed themselves.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What anime that HAVE to do with the games? Also, Kirby, Mario, Marth was in animes as well but okay. Also, this were in 2005! Any news on Digimon that Sakurai talk about these last years? Again, dlc is chosen by Nintendo.
Hum , if you count the Eevee Tamagotchi as something involving Digimon , than Nintendo is involved.
And we have Digimon Survive for the Switch in 2019, putting a Digimon in Smash would for sure help the games sales.

But sakurai talking about Digimon? No.

But i realy think he making a game based on a Digimon Tamagotchi counts.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I know we’re not talking about this anymore, but about “second-party properties”, how do you describe games that are developed in-house, like Splatoon, versus games that are developed by studios that are owned by Nintendo, like Golden Sun? This is even more relevant to Microsoft and Sony, which have comparatively few properties that they actually developed themselves.
For me, the same. I don't really care how and why, if the game's fun. Also, in what context with Sony and Microsoft?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You can't say "haunted seaweed swinging around a giant rusty anchor" wouldn't make for a fun character in Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, is it true that unlocks are random? I want to know how much hassle I gotta go through to play Mega Man and Ryu a ton. Not to mention Ridley and Simon now.

It might be a bit annoying, but all the cool characters should be really fun.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Browsing Twitter, and here's something I didn't know until now...

What would even happen if Kirby got hit? Meta Knight and Jigglypuff too.

Hey, is it true that unlocks are random? I want to know how much hassle I gotta go through to play Mega Man and Ryu a ton. Not to mention Ridley and Simon now.

Seems to be, but I think that should be tested more anyway.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You can't say "haunted seaweed swinging around a giant rusty anchor" wouldn't make for a fun character in Smash.
A haunted seaweed swinging around a giant rusty anchor would not make for a fun character.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
How do you guys feel about not being able to run through opponents anymore?
Personally, I'm excited for it, because it gives Puff more ways to hit rest.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

They don’t seem completely random to me, every stream gets Ness early, and Jigglypuff was the reward for Ness’s Classic mode on two different streams that I saw. It’s just a very obtuse order, with probably multiple criteria that you can meet at any one time. We’ll figure it out on release.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Do you guys think the Squad Strike and the Final Smash Metter will make people from the VSs series play Smash competitively?

People from Marvel vs Capcom, KOF and even people from Street Fighter might get interested in Smash becouse of these things.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why does people think world of light has different endings?

By the way I just found from the cutscenes leaked thing there was one missing in that page

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Do you guys think the Squad Strike and the Final Smash Metter will make people from the VSs series play Smash competitively?

People from Marvel vs Capcom, KOF and even people from Street Fighter might get interested in Smash becouse of these things.
Nah, some FS are busted.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Squad Strike I can see doing that, but I'm not sure about FS Meter, given its controversial nature, even with mostly weaker FSs. And this all kind of depends on the rulesets created by TOs too, so maybe it attracts attention, maybe it doesn't.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Well considering we won't be using FS meter in tournaments, it probably won't matter

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152

That's actually a really big discussion point for some of us. I can't really speak for my Smash scene cause I'll be dipping into it for the first time and I dunno how many of the SF/Blazblue players will try it, but I hope they'll actually be viable in that you can easily combo into them or something.

I'm hoping Lucario can combo into his with down/up tilt personally lol.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Just shortly after waking up, I learned that Crunchii’s channel is going to be taken down and unlocking characters is apparently going to be a huge mess.

Fantastic
Never heard of Chrunchii, so I decided to look him up. His music seems pretty decent, and I don't know when he's supposed to be taken down, but his channel is still up for now

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Squad Strike might be a good opportunity in that regard.

Definitely not FS meter though, it’s too unbalanced.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think :ultpit: will be a near high-mid tier while :ultpalutena: becomes a mid tier

:ultkrool::ultinkling::ultpiranha::ultdaisy:top tier

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FS Meter fills up way too fast, regardless of actual balance of the FSs. It's really just a fun gimmick for single player modes and not much else.
Browsing Twitter, and here's something I didn't know until now...

What would even happen if Kirby got hit? Meta Knight and Jigglypuff too.

Seems to be, but I think that should be tested more anyway.
MLG Marth

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Do characters in hte VSs series switch out with other characters after losing a life/dying?

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You can heacanon Geno as a 2nd Party if you want to but in reality there is no such thing as a Second Party character. There's only 1st and 3rd.

Besides that, if anything was to be considered "2nd Party" it would be Pokemon considering it's owned by a conglomerate of 3 different companies but you see how silly that sounds? Pokemon as a 2nd Party? It's still a first party.
Right just gonna leave this here then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxR0sUT3egc

Iridium

Smash Hero
FS Meter fills up way too fast, regardless of actual balance of the FSs. It's really just a fun gimmick for single player modes and not much else.

MLG Marth
It's almost like they wanted this move to have the most ridiculous utilities...

This and the angling, but I guess I'll make use of this.

Last edited:

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Do characters in hte VSs series switch out with other characters after losing a life/dying?
Yeah. Next character jumps in from the side of the screen.

It's gonna be interesting to see Smash's version of incoming mixups lol.

beans

Smash Lord
Never heard of Chrunchii, so I decided to look him up. His music seems pretty decent, and I don't know when he's supposed to be taken down, but his channel is still up for now
Oh man you missed some stuff.
He uploaded the main theme around the start or middle of october and sent everyone in a frenzy.
Then he started making weird tweets and people started speculating if he knows something.
Then when we noticed he was just messing with us, he called us a bunch of dumbos revealing he was just messing with us. What a twist

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Can we still roll dodge through them?
Yeah of course, but rolling sucks in this game so I'd do it sparingly

The whole thing about not running through opponents actually makes characters with a good crouch that much better, because they can crouch out of the way of a grab or dash attack and punish very easily. Rolling really won't be that useful when crouching and full hopping are such good defensive options

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh man you missed some stuff.
He uploaded the main theme around the start or middle of october and sent everyone in a frenzy.
Then he started making weird tweets and people started speculating if he knows something.
Then when we noticed he was just messing with us, he called us a bunch of dumbos revealing he was just messing with us. What a twist
Oh he's the guy that uploaded te menu theme? Okay I know who he is now

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah of course, but rolling sucks in this game so I'd do it sparingly

The whole thing about not running through opponents actually makes characters with a good crouch that much better, because they can crouch out of the way of a grab or dash attack and punish very easily. Rolling really won't be that useful when crouching and full hopping are such good defensive options
I roll dodge all the time in Smash 4, so I'll have to get used to this change if it really sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom