• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Nop. Verge said he heard about a Minecraft boss is only rep of Minecraft in the game
He said in a topic that got deleted , people named it "STEVE IS DEAD" or something.
He said something like "I heard Minecraft is represented as a boss, but that does not mean Steve is not a character"

AND i asked Hitagi about all of this, and he said that Steve is 100% from his most trustfull source and that Banjo is not in as a character.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Eh, I see your point.

I'm still turning it on for online matches. Supers in Smash are hype for me personally.
They're definitely cool. I love the concept and I'll definitely use them for fun. It's just that Smash's mechanics don't allow it to be balanced.
Ever fight a little Mac with a fully charged KO punch in Smash 4? The whole time, the opponent just runs away from Mac. FS meter will be like that for a whole tournament. But with friends or people online, they will probably not take it as seriously.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, I just want to ask, the Blast Dozer/Blast Corps "title" is confirmed. We don't know if that's really for a Spirit or if something like Chronicle is back. The number one thing I'm seeing cited, though, is "Star Force Gemini". However, I haven't seen the screencap of that. Googling Star Force Gemini turns up plenty of results for Jet Force Gemini, so I'm assuming it's the Japanese name, but I can't find any evidence of that.

I mean, not to get anyone's hopes up, but Ryuusei no Rockman was localized as Star Force in the US and that has confirmed Spirits and music, so yknow. Be cautious.

Of course this is the part where someone posts Jet Force Gemini being in the title DB and this post is all wrong but yknow

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Nop. Verge said he heard about a Minecraft boss, but that this don't deconfirms Steve as a character.

And Hitagi said he is 100% for Steve as a character, and that Banjo is not one.
Hitagi is also backtracking hardcore

I’ll trust Verge before Hitagi, sorry

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
They're definitely cool. I love the concept and I'll definitely use them for fun. It's just that Smash's mechanics don't allow it to be balanced.
Ever fight a little Mac with a fully charged KO punch in Smash 4? The whole time, the opponent just runs away from Mac. FS meter will be like that for a whole tournament. But with friends or people online, they will probably not take it as seriously.
I mean yeah, I'm a Lucario main so I just chuck Aura Sphere at them and force Mac to come to me instead lol. People will definitely camp and spam projectiles, you're not wrong about that but I think it mostly revolves on how decent the player is.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
And to end future debate on Snake's Codecs, they're pretty much confirmed to work. Most likely not for Smash 4/Ultimate newcomers, though...

Smash Taunts too, which I also like.

What exactly is a Smash taunt?

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, maybe it's just me, but the bosses in Ultimate look harder.
I have no problem with that, honestly. You can already tell who my favorite boss is anyway.

What exactly is a Smash taunt?
At the start of a match, if you press the down taunt really quickly, you will trigger a secret conversation with certain characters. Snake's Codecs and Palutena's Guidance are included, but the Star Fox characters can do it too.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mean yeah, I'm a Lucario main so I just chuck Aura Sphere at them and force Mac to come to me instead lol. People will definitely camp and spam projectiles, you're not wrong about that but I think it mostly revolves on how decent the player is.
I don't know how much you're into competitive smash, but camping at high level play is incredibly common. The players always want to do what is most optimal. Hopefully this game doesn't create a scene where play like that is rewarded

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have no problem with that, honestly. You can already tell who my favorite boss is anyway.
Yeah, I have no problem with it either.

First thing I am doing when I get my hands on Ultimate is battling Marx.
Also, anyone have a link to all the bosses?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
He said in a topic that got deleted , people named it "STEVE IS DEAD" or something.
He said something like "I heard Minecraft is represented as a boss, but that does not mean Steve is not a character"

AND i asked Hitagi about all of this, and he said that Steve is 100% from his most trustfull source and that Banjo is not in as a character.
We shouldn't even be wasting our time with Hitagi. Ryce from Resetera says we're probably not getting Minecraft content, Verge says we might be getting a Minecraft boss, and Hitagi is saying Steve is in. Two of these three sources have proven themselves reliable, while the other has backpedaled several times.

The only thing Hitagi has going for him is Verge saying he seemed reliable, which obviously doesn't mean much considering how he also found Loz18 to be credible just a few months ago.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Are people still salty about Spirits Board being a gacha type of game? I personally love the leveling up and the gacha-like mechanics of Spirits. But are people still against it?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
well the game has been leaked to hell and back. Whats the point of staying here
We're thirsty for leaks and we're weak but socialable

They're avoiding leaks so they're strong but anti-social

;)

Now onto Crash, I do feel that he may end up having a few of his non-Nintendo games music be on the roster if he was confirmed, but I was thinking a few such as

Then again, Crash heavily relies on Jungle themed music so it's a nice diversity to add stuff like Pinstrine's stage from CTR

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It's the most linear Zelda, and just doesn't hold my attention like any of the others. The controls are fine tbh
Kinda sucks because in terms of characters and lore, I find this game to be the most interesting. But I definitely agree that it can't hold my attention.
Not including the CDI games and Zelda 1, Skyward sword is probably my least favorite Zelda game

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well, I never thought i'd say this and actually mean it, but.....

Banjo-Kazooie looks like the most likely character to get in atm

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
I don't know how much you're into competitive smash, but camping at high level play is incredibly common. The players always want to do what is most optimal. Hopefully this game doesn't create a scene where play like that is rewarded
Nah, I know it's common. I played 4 for a good five months or so and I've watched more than enough high level matches to know how it works, but people still have to go in and hit the other person eventually.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Out of Smash topic but
Skyward Sword HD is coming! Hopefully announce at VGA like they hinted at MP4.

Since we are a few days away from VGA, cross your fingers for a new Smash rep!
I heard we're getting TP, SS, and WW in one cartridge... The HD triforce collection or something.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Nah, I know it's common. I played 4 for a good five months or so and I've watched more than enough high level matches to know how it works, but people still have to go in and hit the other person eventually.
Yeah, eventually. But that's what makes it unappealing to spectators and why it doesn't get the attention that SF and DBFZ get. Melee is still so popular because of how optimal approaching is in that game, and it's explicitly why people hate Melee puff, because of how seldom she approaches

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom