• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It’s possible the minecraft boss could come as DLC with another Microsoft character, presumably Banjo, but that just feels like such a strange deal. Where would you even put the boss?

osby

Smash Obsessed
And they don’t dare to try anything else.

Nintendo has Mario, but you don’t see the company putting him in the 75% of the games the company launches.
Unless i missed a cameo in games like Tropical Freeze, the Prime Trilogy, Breath Of The Wild, Kirby Star Allies or maybe Xenoblade.

Batman? You see him in the comic book series of Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg and even the Green Lantern Corps. Even when he isn’t needed.

Not even Spider-Man takes over many comic book series so much.
It's called Wolverine Publicity.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm just finding out that, not only did the Super Mario World remix not get recategorized as a Yoshi track so it ends up on the proper stage, but now even the stage's Melee music has been recat to Mario.

I love that stage, and now all of the good music is banned from it? I hope they put out a patch to convert all SMW songs to Yoshi series instead.
Honestly, SMW Yoshi's Island shouldn't even be categorized as a Yoshi stage to begin with. It's a Mario game by every definition of the word.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Boring, we should get an Atlus pack instead
Joker(Person 5) - Fighter
Shin Megami Tensei - Stage
Etrian Odyssey - Music
Atlus are the publishers of these games in America, right? Would that mean that any gams published by Atlus, such as Dungeon Travelers 2 and Utawarerumono would apply?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Faulty memory from me, bur isn't SMW, you know, a Mario game.
Tell that to the people who assigned that stage to the Yoshi universe.

I'm okay with classifying the stage and songs to either, but why have a stage and music that come from the same game but assigned to alternate universes so you can't have them playing together? Heck, assign them to both if you want...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ike: "This is my secret technique, Aether!"
Chrom: "soaring slash"
I mean, in all fairness, the move Chrom performs canonically isn't Aether. Hell, it's actually impossible for it to be Aether based on when he used it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Atlus are the publishers of these games in America, right? Would that mean that any gams published by Atlus, such as Dungeon Travelers 2 and Utawarerumono?
No, ATLUS USA publishes them.

All of them are made by ATLUS.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Then whats with the talk of Ender?
Vergeben says that the Minecraft content he heard about is apparently a boss. People all agree the Ender Dragon would be cool.

However, unless there's day one DLC that adds it (which isn't impossible) we have no proof of this.

beans

Smash Lord
Well, that's what Ryce seems to think. He said that there was no way Verge would've known about any of the DLC back in April/May as Sakurai and Nintendo didn't even discuss it yet, so him saying the Minecraft content is DLC sounds like him delaying the inevitable grave he dug for himself.

Verge has proven himself to be credible, but I dunno. He's never really confidently buckled down with this Minecraft content like he has with his other predictions.
If I was Vergeben, someone with a history of falling face first in the leak department and finaly got a streak going in this one game, I would wait for something conclusive to confirm something.
I think he doesnt want to make a claim and have it blown up on his face, so he is just waiting on it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, in all fairness, the move Chrom performs canonically isn't Aether. Hell, it's actually impossible for it to be Aether based on when he used it.
I mean, it would still make sense to call it that all things considered. Soaring Slash just sounds silly, specially when he's doing the opposite of soaring lol

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It’s possible the minecraft boss could come as DLC with another Microsoft character, presumably Banjo, but that just feels like such a strange deal. Where would you even put the boss?
In different Classic modes if it fits the theme, or maybe it's just the boss for DLC characters period. There could also be a DLC Boss Rush mode, since it seems like that's not a thing at launch, and Sakurai usually loves having modes like that, so it could also fit in there.

I admit those suggestions are long shots, but there's a first time for everything.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it would still make sense to call it that all things considered. Soaring Slash just sounds silly, specially when he's doing the opposite of soaring lol
You first have to fall to learn how to fly.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Vergeben says that the Minecraft content he heard about is apparently a boss. People all agree the Ender Dragon would be cool.

However, unless there's day one DLC that adds it (which isn't impossible) we have no proof of this.
Huh, that's really odd.

If Steve isn't coming with his own stage, music, and of course boss and they instead just import a MC stage with a boss a long with some other unrelated character such as Banjo or MC, that'd just be extremely out of character of the Smash team. Even Pacman who reps his whole company got a stage that reps him specifically

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering he actually uses the Awakening version of Aether as his Final Smash, it absolutely wouldn't make sense to call his up special Aether. It isn't even Aether to begin with. Chrom literally can't learn Aether until long after Arena Ferox due to it requiring a Master Seal.

beans

Smash Lord
Huh, that's really odd.

If Steve isn't coming with his own stage, music, and of course boss and they instead just import a MC stage with a boss a long with some other unrelated character such as Banjo or MC, that'd just be extremely out of character of the Smash team. Even Pacman who reps his whole company got a stage that reps him specifically
Well, Bosses are from the classic mode and World of Light.
And we dont have the monster hunter stage as far as I've seen.
So maybe its just a classic mode boss.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just looking at something;

64: Villains () and rivals ()
Melee: Villains (:bowsermelee::ganondorfmelee:) and rivals (:mewtwomelee:)
Brawl: Villains () and rivals (:wario::metaknight::dedede::wolf:)
For: Villains (:4bowserjr:+:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:) and rivals (:4darkpit:)
Ultimate: Villains (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha:) and rivals (:ultincineroar:?)

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Well, Bosses are from the classic mode and World of Light.
And we dont have the monster hunter stage as far as I've seen.
So maybe its just a classic mode boss.
Could be, it'd just be weird if they went through all the effort of pushing WoL and the bosses but restricted bosses like Rathalos and/or Enderdragon to classic mode. That's a loss of opportunity I don't think they'd make.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Just looking at something;

64: Villains () and rivals ()
Melee: Villains (:bowsermelee::ganondorfmelee:) and rivals (:mewtwomelee:)
Brawl: Villains (:dedede:?) and rivals (:wario::metaknight::wolf:)
For: Villains (:4bowserjr:+:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:) and rivals (:4darkpit:)
Ultimate: Villains (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultpiranha:) and rivals (:ultincineroar:?)
Dedede is more an Antagonist but Wolf is a straight up villain

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Since we got to the discussion of digimon, I really wanted to give my two cents. I am not going to lie and say that digimon sells like it used to do but its not a dead franchise like many people seem to think. Just in the last 5 years, I can count at least 4 games coming out (and one more on the way). Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth sold extremely well in Latin America. I couldnt even get a special edition because they sold out really fast and the game got sold out in many places within the first two weeks.

Digimon vs Pokémon is still a subject of debate. We got not one but two death battles on the subject. I am not going to say that digimon is the biggest franchise out there and deserves a place in smash more than other franchises. Digimon is still on going, It still sells many figures and digivices to this day (I am talking about new merchandise). Digimon is far from a dead franchise.

BXBX

Smash Cadet
Please, please tell me that not being able to run past the opponent was a bug and was fixed in that early release copy.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Why are people acting as though Sakurai isn’t a grown-ass man who has dealt with his games being leaked for years now
Yeah, the game leaked, it sucks, but people are acting as though it’s the ****ing end of the world and that Sakurai’s gonna commit suicide over it or something.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Why are people acting as though Sakurai isn’t a grown-*** man who has dealt with his games being leaked for years now
Yeah, the game leaked, it sucks, but people are acting as though it’s the ****ing end of the world and that Sakurai’s gonna commit suicide over it or something.
I haven't heard anyone act like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom