• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Probs the Rare game titles found in game as possible spirits and the Minecraft Boss info.
I still think that's a bit of a stretch. If we had western IP playable characters that'd be different, though

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
https://mobile.twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1066276640324501504?s=19

Mainly this, but if Ender Dragon is actually a boss, it's possible he would be released along with a bunch of other Microsoft content.....like Banjo-Kazooie
Cut Spirits isn't exactly a good thing. Unless Nintendo releases Banjo and Kazooie alongside a bunch of random Rare content instead of focusing solely on the B+K franchise, this indicates that there was something that held these two Spirits back.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Cut Spirits isn't exactly a good thing. Unless Nintendo releases Banjo and Kazooie alongside a bunch of random Rare content instead of focusing solely on the B+K franchise, this indicates that there was something that held these two Spirits back.
What would've held these two spirits back?

beans

Smash Lord
Question: What specifies those as cut spirits?

Graizen

Smash Champion
We shouldn't even be wasting our time with Hitagi. Ryce from Resetera says we're probably not getting Minecraft content, Verge says we might be getting a Minecraft boss, and Hitagi is saying Steve is in. Two of these three sources have proven themselves reliable, while the other has backpedaled several times.

The only thing Hitagi has going for him is Verge saying he seemed reliable, which obviously doesn't mean much considering how he also found Loz18 to be credible just a few months ago.
Vergeben said he trusts Hitagi alot.

And Hitagi has a realy big and good track of real leaks.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Again, I have yet to see anything about Jet Force Gemini in screencap form. Blast Corps is undeniable. Also, again, unless I'm mistaken nothing hints that they had spirits, just something in the title database which could be for anything from spirits to a yet-to-be-revealed Chronicle mode.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And to end future debate on Snake's Codecs, they're pretty much confirmed to work. Most likely not for Smash 4/Ultimate newcomers, though...

Smash Taunts too, which I also like.

I saw them in a stream this morning. Brawl characters only, since they're recycled. (Jigglypuff's even calls the game 'Brawl', which feels a little lazy...)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I'm still not 100% on Hitagi though

I mean...I won't believe anything until I see it with my own eyes before the pieces come together

beans

Smash Lord

I dunno.
Verge hasnt confirmed Steve yet, and if Hitagi and Verge have similar sources, why would he not?
Is Verge simply waiting for conclusive info or does Hitagi knows something that Verge doesnt, that being the conclusive evidence?
They should cross check some stuff.

D

Deleted member

If we got two DC Comics rep and they were Superman and Plastic Man, i would forgive DC for doing the Batman franchise injustice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What would've held these two spirits back?
Most likely licensing issues. Either that, or these Spirits are planned to be used in DLC, but I don't see why they'd be tied together with a DLC character who has no relation to their franchise aside from being made from the same studio.

Question: What specifies those as cut spirits?
Well, it's been said that neither of those Spirits are in the game. If they can be found through datamining, then I'd imagine they were planned at some point.

D

Deleted member

I wanted to trust Verg 100% but unless the game has a Day 1 patch with a Minecraft boss added for no goddamn reason then he just dug himself a grave. We would have heard of a 3rd Party boss ala Rathalos, you can't just hide 3rd party content ingame like that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wanted to trust Verg 100% but unless the game has a Day 1 patch with a Minecraft boss added for no goddamn reason then he just dug himself a grave. We would have heard of a 3rd Party boss ala Rathalos, you can't just hide 3rd party content ingame like that.
It's such a strange claim to make. It's so strange that I want to believe it. The day one patch seems plausible but unless they reveal the first DLC character at the same time via a TGA trailer or something, why would they add a third party boss to WoL like that? It's all very strange.

I just hope each DLC comes with extra Spirit battles.

D

Deleted member

Guys, how would you react if we got a Mircosoft pack?

Banjo-Fighter
Minecraft-Stage
Halo-Music
Boring, we should get an Atlus pack instead
Joker(Person 5) - Fighter
Shin Megami Tensei - Stage
Etrian Odyssey - Music

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Guys, how would you react if we got a Mircosoft pack?

Banjo-Fighter
Minecraft-Stage
Halo-Music
I probably wouldn't buy it, because I don't want Banjo as a playable character. I'd be fine with a Minecraft stage, and Halo music would kind of bore me, because I've never really liked Halo. Basically, of these three, I'd only want Minecraft

D

Deleted member

its almost as batman and his villains is the popular thing dc has
And they don’t dare to try anything else.

Nintendo has Mario, but you don’t see the company putting him in the 75% of the games the company launches.
Unless i missed a cameo in games like Tropical Freeze, the Prime Trilogy, Breath Of The Wild, Kirby Star Allies or maybe Xenoblade.

Batman? You see him in the comic book series of Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg and even the Green Lantern Corps. Even when he isn’t needed.

Not even Spider-Man takes over many comic book series so much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
GUYS.
We now have a vital piece of information that, until now, was unknown...the name of Chrom's up special.

It's Soaring Slash.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm just finding out that, not only did the Super Mario World remix not get recategorized as a Yoshi track so it ends up on the proper stage, but now even the stage's Melee music has been recat to Mario.

I love that stage, and now all of the good music is banned from it? I hope they put out a patch to convert all SMW songs to Yoshi series instead.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, that's what Ryce seems to think. He said that there was no way Verge would've known about any of the DLC back in April/May as Sakurai and Nintendo didn't even discuss it yet, so him saying the Minecraft content is DLC sounds like him delaying the inevitable grave he dug for himself.

Verge has proven himself to be credible, but I dunno. He's never really confidently buckled down with this Minecraft content like he has with his other predictions.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
A streamer who had an early copy said it doesn’t unlock fighters.
It's all but confirmed amiibo do not unlock characters, unfortunately.
Dang it. Guess my Shulk will stay in his box for all eternity.

Out of Smash topic but
Skyward Sword HD is coming! Hopefully announce at VGA like they hinted at MP4.

Since we are a few days away from VGA, cross your fingers for a new Smash rep!
Imagine a SS Impa reveal with a SS HD announcement hours before Ultimate releases

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm just finding out that, not only did the Super Mario World remix not get recategorized as a Yoshi track so it ends up on the proper stage, but now even the stage's Melee music has been recat to Mario.

I love that stage, and now all of the good music is banned from it? I hope they put out a patch to convert all SMW songs to Yoshi series instead.
Faulty memory from me, bur isn't SMW, you know, a Mario game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom