• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
All the modes are gone!

There's no legitimate adventure mode/story mode (It's a Smash Tour clone with nothing to offer us)

Every character being a clone with no originality (Just look at Young Link/Toon Link)

Trophies are forever gone (Nothing cool to unlock except classic mode titles and Mii costumes that aren't new)

The Snake codecs being limited to only the characters featured in Brawl (With None of the Smash 4/Ultimate newcomers recieving any Snake Codecs)

Spirits just being a redundant Master Orders clone (Or A pointless sticker collecting contest)!

There's much more to the disappointment rather than character's not making the cut good sir!
excuse me did leaked cutscences just not make you happy as now?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All the modes are gone!

There's no legitimate adventure mode/story mode (It's a Smash Tour clone with nothing to offer us)

Every character being a clone with no originality (Just look at Young Link/Toon Link)

Trophies are forever gone (Nothing cool to unlock except classic mode titles and Mii costumes that aren't new)

The Snake codecs being limited to only the characters featured in Brawl (With None of the Smash 4/Ultimate newcomers recieving any Snake Codecs)

Spirits just being a redundant Master Orders clone (Or A pointless sticker collecting contest)!

There's much more to the disappointment rather than character's not making the cut good sir!
I hate Smash Ultimate because every time I try and open it before street date Sakurai comes to my house and punches me in the balls over and over until I die

Last edited:
Any non-game character getting in would disappoint me, but the one that would disappoint me the least, would be James Bond. He'd still make me sigh though. Visual novel characters on the other hand, I'd love.
Which iteration of Bond though?

Sir Roger Moore seems to have the most potential and be the one most fun to use, he could have an alt costume of his clown disguise in Octopussy plus he could also raise an eyebrow to trigger a counter.

Then again, Pierce could float on a car door as his recovery move.... and he can remote control a BMW a la Snake's missile. Hmmm

We already have enough brutes in Smash so no to Connery and Craig.

:p

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I hate Smash Ultimate because every time I try and open it before street date Sakurai comes to my house and punches me in the balls over and over until I die
I hate Smash Ultimate because Sakurai kidnapped my family and turned them into assist trophies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hate how Sakurai put in all these ****ty Mario clones with their projectiles, reflectors, and Up-Bs that boost them upward.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Ofcoarse the saddest part of the whole thing

Geno is indeed a spirit and the geno costume is gone
I knew that Geno icon was also a spirit I instantly figured that all the spirits could be made into player icons after being unlocked. Other gatcha games have a system like that in place where you can use the image of a character medal in some other way of customization. I would have found it incredibly weird for Smash not to do something like that themselves it just makes sense. So many people got pissed at me for pointing out that Geno was most definitely a spirit as well as an icon though. The whole Geno costume being gone thing is kinda weird though they should have kept it in. I don't know if some negotiations fell through with it or something but it's strange to say the least.

Shroob

Sup?
I knew that Geno icon was also a spirit I instantly figured that all the spirits could be made into player icons after being unlocked. Other gatcha games have a system like that in place where you can use the image of a character medal in some other way of customization. I would have found it incredibly weird for Smash not to do something like that themselves it just makes sense. So many people got pissed at me for pointing out that Geno was most definitely a spirit as well as an icon though. The whole Geno costume being gone thing is kinda weird though they should have kept it in. I don't know if some negotiations fell through with it or something but it's strange to say the least.
ALL the 3rd party Mii Costumes are scrapped, not just the Geno one.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Sir Roger Moore seems to have the most potential and be the one most fun to use, he could have an alt costume of his clown disguise in Octopussy plus he could also raise an eyebrow to trigger a counter.

Then again, Pierce could float on a car door as his recovery move.... and he can remote control a BMW a la Snake's missile. Hmmm

This is a videogame crossover, so clearly it has to be Brosnan.

It's been long enough that I can say I'd love either Bond or Scrooge McDuck if we got one and only one TV/movie rep. Characters I love with games that transcend movie tie-ins and are influential games in their own right and would bring good music and stages to the series.

Controversial opinion perhaps and I'd hate to get any more than just one of those two but...god can you imagine if the Smash logo hits and then the Goldeneye 007 intro song hits right after? Too good.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way..just this month I've been having...
- my car break down, costing $520
- my licence plate stolen
- health concerns
- possible cancer or tumor concerns
- phone number stolen
- best friend so enthralled by fiancé that he barely talks to me
- money troubles
- and stress due to it all.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate can't come fast enough..
...Jesus dude is all that true? If so that sucks so bad man sorry to hear you're going through all that ****. Life is the ultimate *****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just ignore trolling statements, please. And report. Stop responding to them too. We'd prefer not to give out spam infractions/warnings to those constantly responding to trolls. By taking their bait, you derail the thread too. We want less to clean up.

Besides that, if somebody is spamming the same complaints, by copypasting them, report that too(and yes, the #JusticeFor[Character] is spam. It will be handled). The issue has been resolved.

Speaking of the first paragraph, please do not quote posts that clearly are showing inappropriate content in some way. Whether it's gross pictures, drug references, sexual references(that are major), and so on. Remember, the moderation has to clean up replies to bad stuff too. That's part of the problem. Reporting is always the best way to handle it. Yes, sometimes a report gets rejected. The reality is, the way the rules are enforced are subjective at times. We aren't perfect. We might not deem something as bad as you do. The Moderation actually does not agree on everything exactly the same. And that's okay. We're humans, not machines. That also means we might not agree on something as bad as a user thinks it is. This is also why we tend to try out verbal warnings quite often, since if we don't need to outright give a warning, it's even better. For the most part, it's just a reminder of the rules, after all. :)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Idris Elba Bond pls

D

Deleted member

Kirby - Red Alt - Enemy starts battle with a Fire Flower

The best I could come up with.
Substitute for Wario and have them constantly use the Warp Pipes on Mushroom Kingdom and using Chomp. :V

Noipoi

Howdy!
I won't be posting here until i've played the game, I don't want any spoilers. But i've already started these countdown pictures and it'd be a waste not to show them.

12 DAYS LEFT :ultjigglypuff:
12 days left.png

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

There was a problem fetching the tweet
RIP crunchii

didn't expect him to get assassinated by ninja one day after music got leaked.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I absolutely love the fact that the Latios and Latias spirit battle takes place in the canal of Delfino.

It’s a nice little reference to Pokémon Heroes.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
ALL the 3rd party Mii Costumes are scrapped, not just the Geno one.
Ah I didn't know that, that sucks definitely disappointing news to hear. Why would they even do that, are they trying to re-release them or something as paid costumes again? That would suck majorly. Btw Geno is not a third party he's a second party. Square owns him and THEY'RE third party sure but Geno's game is a first party IP. Which puts him in a similar position to Pokemon they're owned by GameFreak not Nintendo so they're considered second party. I.E. they're from an exclusive Nintendo series but Nintendo themselves do not actually own any of the Pokemon in Pokemon as well as any of the other human cast in the Pokemon games. Geno would only really be third party if he appeared in anything other than Super Mario RPG on a whole other platform which he has not so he's actually second party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom