• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This game is so good, it bent over 4chan. Based AVGN all over again.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What in the world is happening with Steve in terms of DLC?
IIRC his chances had somewhat decreased due to a statement by Verge. I might had heard wrong though otherwise his chances are still the same as they were.

On the other hand Rare soundtracks or something had been found slightly increasing Banjo's chances.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd think taking down the leaked remixes is entirely futile at this point. Multiple channels have them all uploaded. It's like HYDRA. Cut off one head, and two more shall take its place.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Of all the channels to take down, why couldn't of been professa gaming, Someone who intentionally spoils everything

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Cloud almost didn't make the cut huh? He was at the last minute.

It's indeed amazing Sakurai managed to bring everyone back. :)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of all the channels to take down, why couldn't of been professa gaming, Someone who intentionally spoils everything
Because like him or not, Profasia doesn't post things until embargoes are down.

They're not taking Crunchii down because of "spoilers." They're taking him down because no one is supposed to have those remixes yet.

D

Deleted member

Because Profasia doesn't infringe copyright laws nor does he upload content before the game's out.
Profasia doesn't hurt Nintendo, Crunchii "technically" does.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Cloud almost didn't make the cut huh? He was at the last minute.

It's indeed amazing Sakurai managed to bring everyone back. :)
Can someone remind me how in the world we’re supposedly getting another Square rep? Especially since it seems like the first one BARELY made it back into the game. With almost NO NEW CONTENT.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can someone remind me how in the world we’re supposedly getting another Square rep? Especially since it seems like the first one BARELY made it back into the game. With almost NO NEW CONTENT.
Because SE is not a single entity and there is still a chance that they are more open about adding content from another franchise.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Geno is still considered third party no he isnt second party he is owned by square game being a nintendo game or not still geno is a 3rd party character
That's literally not how that term works though, a third party is a character that appears on multiple platforms not just one is a character in associations with more than two companies. Hence the name THIRD party. Geno is owned by a studio that's a third party developer sure but that doesn't mean everything they make is third party. With that logic you're basically saying Cloud was never a first party character back when FF7 was a first party Sony game. Geno is and always has been second party not third party. A second party character is a character that appears in an EXCLUSIVE console game/games but who's character's in said game/games are not owned by the console parent company which is literally what Geno is. He is from an exclusive Nintendo IP that is not owned by Nintendo and a character who has never appeared outside of said exclusive game since after.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Because Square Enix and Sakurai might agree that they want another Square rep.
Square could very well probably allow just the 2nd Square Rep and the bare minimum required to make them a complete character as they did for Cloud.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Again, rhetorical. I'm pointing some of the wrongs that went for her inclusion. I didn't doubt she might've been top in europe. You jumped in with mockery saying she was included for a game that was stale for 2 years. You didn't take into account that part of those 2 years was a ballot that players invested their time and emotions with, just to be face with a lie and a forced ad. Not Global, not true winner. I don't appreciate that.
You haven't actually outed any lie though. And ad for what? Games sell the most within the first while of being out and even Smash doesn't make game sales spike as much as people think. Given that two year timeframe what exactly would she be advertising? You also admit that Bayonetta could have done well during the period where the ballot was active and then go back to "it's a lie it's a lie!!" so your argument is not only based on nothing but is also muddled by your own statements.

Beyond that though the ballot wasn't a contest in the first place. It was a suggestion box, there was no "winner" and there was never a promise that whatever "winner" there would happen to be would be picked. It's been several years after the fact and people are still treating it like it was designed as a contest and that they were promised the first place of it.
Even past that we have no actual evidence that what has been officially said about it isn't the truth nor has there been anything explaining the reasoning why they would want to lie about it in the first place. We have a lack of evidence and also a lack of motive.

So there's nothing proving that it's a lie at all and there was nothing for her to advertise. Therefore your argument is nonsense, whether you want to hide behind the rhetorical excuse or not. :/

osby

Smash Obsessed
Square could very well probably allow just the 2nd Square Rep and the bare minimum required to make them a complete character as they did for Cloud.
I mean, bare minimum for a character is::ultrob:
A character.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Likely because how the fanbase is reacting to the info we have is most likely extremely hyperbolic and not representative of how it is to begin with. lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
In the hypothetical case of Square getting a 2nd Rep, what would your reaction be if the 2nd Rep actually got a whole bunch of music and whatnot compared to FF7?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
In the hypothetical case of Square getting a 2nd Rep, what would your reaction be if the 2nd Rep actually got a whole bunch of music and whatnot compared to FF7?
Loudly shrieking swearwords at Square Enix. So, same?

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Inb4 the second Square rep is also actually from FF7 and they withheld music so they could sell it separately /s

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Because SE is not a single entity and there is still a chance that they are more open about adding content from another franchise.
Look. I’m not trying to hate on Square, but they haven’t exactly given me a reason to be confident in the content they’ll provide if they do get another character in Smash.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So someone explain the
Banjo situation to me. I’m confused because I read on Reddit that Banjo’s name was in the files and that two other Rare games had files for Spirits. But I’ve also read people only mention the latter. So really I’m just confused about whether or not Banjo’s name was there too

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Best to wait to get proper information once a lot of people can verify and confirm what's there.

Personally I dont care too much about the data at this point, I just want to see good gameplay of some characters :)
Maybe there'll be some cool stuff found tho.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not even a stingy Square thing.

It's a ''The composers and design artists we work with are top notch and the best of their game so they know how to grid lock their **** so getting content for it is a pain in the ass even to us."

I think that's honestly why Geno and Mallow are spirits, but not say a bunch of other Square reps with strong Nintendo ties like Final Fantasy characters from before the Playstation Era or Crono and his party members, etc, etc.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
No one is saying we'll be inundated with spirits and music, but if they already included the minimum for a fighter pack (character, stage, music), they can do it again.

There's none. There's only evidence of unused Rare Spirits.
Which ones?

D

Deleted member

So someone explain the
Banjo situation to me. I’m confused because I read on Reddit that Banjo’s name was in the files and that two other Rare games had files for Spirits. But I’ve also read people only mention the latter. So really I’m just confused about whether or not Banjo’s name was there too
Banjo is not listed anywhere in the game's files, only the seemingly unused spirits for Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini + Rare Limited being listed among the game's copyrights.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Sakurai deserves nothing but praise
Because like him or not, Profasia doesn't post things until embargoes are down.

They're not taking Crunchii down because of "spoilers." They're taking him down because no one is supposed to have those remixes yet.
Profasia gains credit for waiting to spoil until the game is out for all/mostly everyone
Once again, the list had 13 Yoshi tracks but the August Direct showed 14.
Maybe they decided to cut a song

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I bought the digital just because I prefer digital copies on the Switch. And whoever they add at this point to me is the strawberry on the sundae, I already got the character I wanted the most which is Ken. And I prefer Roxas to Sora, just because Roxas has more of that tragic hero storyline. So unless Sora came with a Roxas echo(with Jesse Mccarteny as his VA) then I would be super excited. I still think there will be a second fighters pass, I know Maximillian Dood also thinks there will be.

Not familiar with either of those characters so Ill trust your judgement on this. I don't think Master chief is too violent at all, Fenix from Gears would be. However Master Chief could work, but it wont happen unfortunately.

Akuma's track just sounds way better, im ok with Fei Long as a character. However Akuma's music is more iconic in my opinion. Aside from Akuma if we are going only Street Fighter 2 Turbo then I also like Sagat. If we are talking about Street Fighter characters in general then I like Alex, Guy and El Fuerte.

I mean come on how could this not be a contender to be in the StreetFighter music lineup?

I hope at least Balrog's theme made it in, because his song is pretty catchy. Even though I like Dudley way more than Balrog
I mean Cloud didn't come with a Sephitoth or Zack clone, so I really doubt it. Let alone Sora himself. Btw, Vergeben says Steve was a misdirection and Minecraft will have an apperance as a boss, but he hasn't confirmed it a 100% (say 98%). He's waiting to double check.

I say this because of gun usage. Nintendo did change how the beam gun looked in Smash, made it look like a toy. safe policy. You almost never see Master Chief without his assault rifle. Get my drift?

2 Sagat and 2 Balrog pieces (Type A & B each). All of the new SF tracks are originals btw, no remixes. So I get why some may sound meh.. honestly they do. What were they thinking, nostalgia I suppose? well, bad aiming. Well we can still look for great pieces in other series, that's the Smash advantage (playing on other stages though). Some tracks are really really good.
So went for more checking, oh boy, you don't want to listen to Sagat's type A. I don't know what to say..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom