• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Has Metal Face been upgraded to a full boss? And does he appear in Shulk’s classic mode?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Looks like a good list of songs, only a few omissions that make me sad, such as..
- Mor Ordain -Roaming the Wastes- (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Gormott (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Counterattack (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Flight of the Zinger (Donkey Kong Country 2)
- Any other Final Fantasy songs
- More Sonic Mania tunes
- Departure (Mega Man Zero 2)
- Any Hyrule Warriors songs (especially their Molgera remix or Linkle's Theme)
- ANY Music from Wario Land or World (not counting Ruins (Shake It) since its a remix of the WarioWare Theme..)
- Any Yoshi's Crafted World music...seems odd to have the alt but no music to me

What's there though is amazing!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
They could keep the same control layout for the Switch and it’d still work since there’s more buttons and analog sticks...and also ZL and ZR buttons would make for some great attack buttons
I meant directing with a stylus. I really didn't like that. Great game, bad choice of controls. Nintendo's been doing that for a while and I don't like it. They force their inventions without an option, just like Star Fox Zero.

osby

Smash Obsessed

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That's literally not how that term works though, a third party is a character that appears on multiple platforms not just one is a character in associations with more than two companies. Hence the name THIRD party. Geno is owned by a studio that's a third party developer sure but that doesn't mean everything they make is third party. With that logic you're basically saying Cloud was never a first party character back when FF7 was a first party Sony game. Geno is and always has been second party not third party. A second party character is a character that appears in an EXCLUSIVE console game/games but who's character's in said game/games are not owned by the console parent company which is literally what Geno is. He is from an exclusive Nintendo IP that is not owned by Nintendo and a character who has never appeared outside of said exclusive game since after.
Whether something is first or third party has nothing to do with whether something is exclusive to any given console. The second party is the consumer. There is no such thing as a second party character.

Nintendo owns Mario, and sells you a game with Mario. Nintendo is the First Party, you, the consumer, is the Second Party.

Nintendo does not own Geno, and sells you a game with Geno. Nintendo is the First Party, you, the consumer, is the Second Party, and Geno's rights holder, Square, who is not involved directly with the transaction, is the Third Party to that transaction.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Now this is the second stream that I have seen someone unlock K.Rool after beating classic with Link. Im really thinking this isn't as random as we thought

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
How's everyone's weekend been so far? I just came back from the last Smash 4 tournament our city (probably our province) is going to have before Ultimate comes out.

Came back to snag 3rd place with a newer member to the scene for dubs and 5th in singles while upsetting/going toe to toe with some of our region's top players. I'm happy with how I've done. I played well. And that's a good tournament for me, win or lose.

Still got it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now this is the second stream that I have seen someone unlock K.Rool after beating classic with Link. Im really thinking this isn't as random as we thought
Hopefully there's a flowchart within a week of release, or hell, maybe even a week before it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
FF7's composer is partially the reason there is so little FF7 music.
It sounds pretty weird considering how easy it was for Sakurai to ask Nobuo Uematsu to do Brawl's main theme. Sure, this is Final Fantasy we are talking about, but it just feels weird to say the music issue is likely with Uematsu after how easy it was to get him to do Brawl's theme. Then again, I don't know where Uematsu's priorities lie, unlike the whole deal with the Dragon Quest composer.
And considering Uematsu still helps Square with music, like his music for Final Fantasy XIV, I doubt it's negativity between him and Square.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That is such a random thing.

Of ALL the characters to unlock with Link....... K.Rool is not one I'd think of.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You haven't actually outed any lie though. And ad for what? Games sell the most within the first while of being out and even Smash doesn't make game sales spike as much as people think. Given that two year timeframe what exactly would she be advertising? You also admit that Bayonetta could have done well during the period where the ballot was active and then go back to "it's a lie it's a lie!!" so your argument is not only based on nothing but is also muddled by your own statements.

Beyond that though the ballot wasn't a contest in the first place. It was a suggestion box, there was no "winner" and there was never a promise that whatever "winner" there would happen to be would be picked. It's been several years after the fact and people are still treating it like it was designed as a contest and that they were promised the first place of it.
Even past that we have no actual evidence that what has been officially said about it isn't the truth nor has there been anything explaining the reasoning why they would want to lie about it in the first place. We have a lack of evidence and also a lack of motive.

So there's nothing proving that it's a lie at all and there was nothing for her to advertise. Therefore your argument is nonsense, whether you want to hide behind the rhetorical excuse or not. :/
Why do you people keep barging and cutting into posts that are not directed to you!?
You're pointing things I didn't even argue in my last post, but answering things that YOU wish to argue.
Well, when you start talking more nicely and less snobbish I might consider a reply. Ciao.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
That is such a random thing.

Of ALL the characters to unlock with Link....... K.Rool is not one I'd think of.
Unless there's some random criteria behind it.

Like if K. Rool is just "Clear Classic mode with score > x".

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still hedging my bets that the day 1 patch is happening.

That guy called Incineroar and Piranha Plant ridiculously in depth back in September, and I don't see why he'd lie about potential new modes being added in, especially when we see stuff like HRC is in the code.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'm sure Sakurai knows people wants non-playable characters to be playable.

He also knows he can't make every single one of them payable. That's why assists take place in the battle more and spirit battles are a thing.
I know he knows, it's that we want to prove some spirits/assists don't deserve to be what they are and need to be promoted as soon as possible.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know he knows, it's that we want to prove some spirits/assists don't deserve to be what they are and need to be promoted as soon as possible.
Two questions:

Who is "we"?
And which characters do you mean by "some"?

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps.
So... did Sakurai just think he had legal access to those series or something?

I'm still hedging my bets that the day 1 patch is happening.

That guy called Incineroar and Piranha Plant ridiculously in depth back in September, and I don't see why he'd lie about potential new modes being added in, especially when we see stuff like HRC is in the code.
I thought the day 1 patch was confirmed already because someone needed to be defeathered.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why do you people keep barging and cutting into posts that are not directed to you!?
You're pointing things I didn't even argue in my last post, but answering things that YOU wish to argue.
Well, when you start talking more nicely and less snobbish I might consider a reply. Ciao.
Unless you are PMing someone, people are going to see what you post. And you can’t tell them not to respond to a post directly aimed at them, especially since this is the general thread for Ultimate speculation.

Every post you make here is open to the public, and the public can respond to that post however they see fit, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Shroob

Sup?
So... did Sakurai just think he had legal access to those series or something?

I thought the day 1 patch was confirmed already because someone needed to be defeathered.
I think politically incorrect Game and Watch is a separate issue than "Home Run Contest and potentially a couple other modes are in the game, but unplayable"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Huh, so some info in Incineroar came up.
His Revenge is lost upon "getting hit hard" or thrown.
Also, Revenge doesn't stack, so don't think you can build up to an OHKO jab.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Crunchii's music is being taken down.*

*Checks my favorite remix*

Destiny (Ablaze) is still there. **** Yeah!

That remix is utterly and completely fantastic. Definitely one I'm going to have play all the time.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
You.....realize this is an open forum, right? I don't need an invitation to be allowed to respond to your public posts. If you want to talk to someone privately there are ways to do that. Im also hoping your last sentence is supposed to be ironic. lol

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There goes Crunchii, huh?

I have a gut feeling he was ready for this. He knew full well what he was doing uploading what he was uploading. The way he seems ready to move on so willingly makes me think this was him wanting to go out with a bang.

Maybe I should try to patch things up with him, he seems to have changed a lot since the old days. Doubt he'd care to after that whole menu music fiasco. Ah well.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, can someone smarter than me help me understand what modes are in the game, just unable to be loaded?

We know Home Run Contest's map and non-looping music track are in there, but I heard that Coin Launcher had a song as well?

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I think politically incorrect Game and Watch is a separate issue than "Home Run Contest and potentially a couple other modes are in the game, but unplayable"
I do too, but I thought the point was whether we'd be getting a day 1 patch or not.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So Sonic’s dark alt render just appeared on stream. It’s in HD so I can safely say that Sonic is really Black.

Like, super black. So why the heck cant they make him red or dare I say pink?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Much like Pikachu...

I'll give you a minute to figure this joke out
He was in an anime and he's an Ike clone (same side special). Easy.

So Sonic’s dark alt render just appeared on stream. It’s in HD so I can safely say that Sonic is really Black.

Like, super black. So why the heck cant they make him red or dare I say pink?
Because unlike red or pink, black is not a color.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
May I ask what the policy on sharing indisputable leak content is? i.e. footage of an unrevealed boss.
Just keep it inside a spoiler tag and clarify it's a boss and you're fine.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
RIP crunchii

didn't expect him to get assassinated by ninja one day after music got leaked.
Wait? So his YouTube channel is gone starting next week? Awww he just uploaded music. Why don’t they go after those people who stream and data mine? Like damn.....

Shroob

Sup?
Actually....

vaanrose vaanrose I ****ing hate to tag you, but you're arguably the smartest fella on these boards, sorry.

You think the HRC map in the code is simply from them porting over stuff from 4, or it could mean it's for future usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom