• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How could you say Porky is a who? You never played Brawl?

Also who the **** is Marshal?
I did, but outside of "oh, he was that one boss guy from Brawl," casual fans know nothing about him. I'd hardly call him a glaring omission. Marshall is just Chorus Men without the other two guys.
> Verg says there's a Minecraft boss
> The boss list has been datamined

Bruh, what? He's evidently digging himself a hole. Is this in addition to Steve or what? I'm also aware that it hasn't been identified whether the boss list has been completely found out or not, but man.

Should be interesting if any other leaker has heard this, because he's still the only major leaker saying this. Losing faith, and I wouldn't even be mad if he's wrong at the point because I don't even want the latest information to be real.
Dude doesn't even really believe his own sources at this point lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Verge has shot himself in the foot here. Hopefully he can clarify what exactly he's talking about.

Here's an idea of DLC Pack 1:
  • Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Style Savvy Designer
  • Monster Hunter
  • Lloyd Irving
Crono can be replaced with Erdrick or Sora, Banjo & Kazooie can be replaced with Steve, and Style Savvy Designer and Monster Hunter can be replaced by other Nintendo Promotional Reps.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wish someone would unlock Ice Climbers in a stream and Pit so they could do their guidance. Curious to hear or see if they really do have spoken voice lines.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Nah, I was just commenting on the fact people used to rig Petey over Wario because having one common move was enough for people, lol.
lol, I had that mod.

And it had infinite recovery, you could Up B infinitely for some reason.
Also, Petey's Dash Attack killed at like 40% and it wasn't even slow lol.

Perfect.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I did, but outside of "oh, he was that one boss guy from Brawl," casual fans know nothing about him. I'd hardly call him a glaring omission. Marshall is just Chorus Men without the other two guys.

Dude doesn't even really believe his own sources at this point lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Verge has shot himself in the foot here. Hopefully he can clarify what exactly he's talking about.

• Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Style Savvy Designer
  • Monster Hunter
  • Lloyd Irving
Crono can be replaced with Erdrick or Sora, Banjo & Kazooie can be replaced with Steve, and Style Savvy Designer and Monster Hunter can be replaced by other Nintendo Promotional Reps.
Hey TPC;

I'd love this pack actually. B&K is my biggest sleeper want, but I found it so impossible up to this point. Turns out...things might be going in his favor more than Steve now. Wow.

Crono's slick, very important to gaming history. Savvyist would be LIT. MonHun's a good series, Lloyd's alright. Not a bad list.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Okay then, I'll go. Your reaction?

Poochy
Sylux
Eight
Nightmare
Dragonborn

:yoshi:
Who's Nightmare and Eight?
I think Poochy would be an interesting fighter, but we have enough dogs, so I'd be a tiny bit disappointed. Duck Hunt Duo is already great.
Dragonborn would be exciting, but I'm not a huge Skyrim fan. Doomguy'd be cooler, and is a more important character to gaming history. Either would be cool.
Sylux would be awesome. I'd imagine he'd be faster.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
lol, I had that mod.

And it had infinite recovery, you could Up B infinitely for some reason.
Also, Petey's Dash Attack killed at like 40% and it wasn't even slow lol.

Perfect.
I mean even way before custom movesets, when it was just model swaps. Petey over Wario was one of the very first.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

• Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Style Savvy Designer
  • Monster Hunter
  • Lloyd Irving
If Banjo-Kazooie got in as DLC the other 4 could be literally anyone and I’d be fine with whatever

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Spirits deconfirm characters.

Also none of these talked about characters have a remote chance of being DLC outside of maybeeeeee Sylux and Porky, but I doubt it then unless Mother 3 gets released in the staes

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Why is it people are acting as though because the game got leaked and spoiled, suddenly all of Sakurai's work was for literally nothing?
Are you guys not gonna buy the game now or something? Are you literally only in this for the surprise factor?
I mean yeah the fact that the surprises hidden in the game got spoiled sucks, but still
Spirits deconfirm characters.

Also none of these talked about characters have a remote chance of being DLC outside of maybeeeeee Sylux and Porky, but I doubt it then unless Mother 3 gets released in the staes
Dude, even people who supported the box theory in an attempt to temper expectations 0are saying Spirits don't deconfirm characters.
The only reason you keep yelling this from the rooftops is because you desperately want to be right about Geno not getting in. Which I'd honestly say you are, but who knows at this point.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Why is it people are acting as though because the game got leaked and spoiled, suddenly all of Sakurai's work was for literally nothing?
Are you guys not gonna buy the game now or something? Are you literally only in this for the surprise factor?
I mean yeah the fact that the surprises hidden in the game got spoiled sucks, but still
Who’s canceling their preorder? Just sucks for the devs who spend so many hours trying to surprise everyone. Not a huge deal though

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm out for the rest of the night gang

Keep me posted on any new leak developments

I saw that Steve is out-no idea what to think. How could it get a boss? Are we being taken on the ruse cruise?

Wow.
Steve isn't out just yet.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77235613?jumpto=46#46

Although, apparently Rare's Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps have strings in the code, and Rare themselves are mentioned somewhere:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1066276640324501504?s=19

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh, on the Ice Climbers guidance thing, they don't speak. The link to that pastebin or whatever is missing some lines. It's actually Palutena and Viridi saying that Pit and Dark Pit could make a duo that resembles the Ice Climbers, given that their powers are evenly matched. And then Pit and Dark Pit argue about who is the leader.

My source is uhhhh... I was at that datamining stream that showed all the text, I guess.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Do we know if Microsoft is supposed to get a rep? I know Steve is apparently not happening now, so like many I’m hoping for Banjo. But there doesn’t have to be a Microsoft rep, right? It’s not like the Square rep that a bunch of insiders said they heard.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's really just alot of people angry at a streamer who posted the game for people to download and pirate. So it's not so much people angry at people who ended up getting an early copy that they payed for, but people angry at the people who pirated the game. And considering alot of people went to that streamer....yeah. People are not happy that people who are pirating the game are playing 2 weeks before anybody else who is paying for the game.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
DLC Pack 1

Sora
Joker
Doomguy
Savvy Stylist
Tony Hawk

Thoughts?
Sora is amazing.

Tony Hawk is also cool as a WTF fighter.

Imagine having the Warehouse as a stage with the halfpipe and the platform with glass windows above it. And in the background, you have floating letters that spell out "SMASH"

Don't care about everything else.

----

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
How would everyone feel about these characters being the final newcomers (DLC)?
The President (Pikmin)
Sylux
Enzo (Bayonetta)
Crash
Banjo-Kazooie

Roberk

Smash Champion

• Crono
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Style Savvy Designer
  • Monster Hunter
  • Lloyd Irving
I'd replace B&K with Master Chief and if I can't do that I'd replace them with Steve. The rest are pretty cool/"deserving", and I'd like to see the reactions to Style Savvy.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Piranha Plant spirit battle would be really easy.

Ivysaur with increased spawn for Poison Mushrooms.

D

Deleted member

Robin had no official artwork either. Kris and Corrin did, but not Robin. But as seen, Sakurai basically took the default 1/1/1/1/1 look and gave them that. So the same could be applied to Cross in that they can take the Default look.......if it wasn't for the fact that Cross does, in fact, have Official Artwork! For Both Genders!
Robin did have the Awakening portraits but it's mot like they were being pasted over(and other materials such as the card game used the default look as the canon one already, didn't they?)

But wow, that's official artwork? Those just look like model rips

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here’s the mistake your all making about the whole Minecraft thing

The Minecraft boss could be in the patch or in the fighter pack

Oh I’m wondering something if bosses do get added in patches/fighter passes will certain characters classic mode boss with ones that get added because they fit their theme

Like what if porky is in the patch would he be the new boss to ness and Lucas classic mode?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Banjo & Kazooie revealed at Game Awards. Release date says: Tomorrow.

Nintendo breaks the god damn internet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ill make this analogy because Im hungry but its like if my sister made me a birthday cake with all my fav Video game characters on it and put it away so I wont find it then I found it and posted pictures of it on ever social media site possable.

Id imagine my sister would be pretty Dissapointed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom