• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
My full DLC prediction is this

1) Geno - SE is being very stingy with their ip's, yet they let them use Geno and Mallow for spirits. And since we know we're getting a SE rep, it makes sense for it to be Geno because they don't have to complicate negotiations or anything like that, and could release him alongside Piranha Plant, the other Mario character (also Geno's mii costume is missing, hmmm)

2) Monster Hunter - Did people already forget about this? It's music is listed with the other fighters music. But sure, that may not be enough evidence, but it's also Capcom's best selling series, has Rathalos as a boss and assist trophy, had mii fighter costumes in Smash 4 that didn't return for this game, a Monster Hunter movie coming soon, and the fact that of all the 3rd parties, Capcom has been playing the nicest with Nintendo (Ken, all the Street Fighter spirits and all the Mega Man and Street Fighter song remixes), so it would only be fair if Nintendo returned the favor by promoting their games that are often released on Nintendo consoles. Also Monster Hunter was in MvC:I...so there's that.....

3) Banjo-Kazooie - After the post I made earlier and all the evidence surrounding the fact that Rare is working with Nintendo on this game makes me strongly believe that Banjo is coming, and will have a lot of Microsoft and Rare content to boot (inlcuding an Ender Dragon boss perhaps?)

4) Sega Rep (Tails or the sleeper pick, Axel (Streets of Rage)) - ok here me out. If SE gets another 3rd party rep, then that leaves Sega and Namco as the only 3rd party companies to only have 1 rep. I'll talk about the Namco rep in a minute, but Tails and Axel are likely for their own reasons. Tails had a mii fighter costume in Smash 4 which is now gone and is a much better Sonic rep than Knuckles or Shadow change my mind. Axel is likely because he could be a nice Sega throwback character, and Streets of Rage 4 is coming out soon, so what better way to promote the game than by putting him in? Just an idea

5) Namco Rep (Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, Yoshimitsu, I have no clue) - This is the only one i'm kind of going to cop out on. While a Namco rep seems very likely, which one we're getting is beyond me. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4, Lloyd has somewhat of a history with Nintendo and in his home game literally controls like a Smash character, and Yoshimitsu, while not as popular, is a character that would fit into Smash nicely, have a fun moveset with him and could represent Tekken and Soul Caliber at the same time (cause he appears in both consistently)

Let me know what you guys think! (I didn't say Dixie because she has a mii fighter hat in the files so rip)
I really like this list, but Bayo is actually the second Sega rep.

D

Deleted member

1) Geno - SE is being very stingy with their ip's, yet they let them use Geno and Mallow for spirits. And since we know we're getting a SE rep, it makes sense for it to be Geno because they don't have to complicate negotiations or anything like that, and could release him alongside Piranha Plant, the other Mario character (also Geno's mii costume is missing, hmmm)

2) Monster Hunter - Did people already forget about this? It's music is listed with the other fighters music. But sure, that may not be enough evidence, but it's also Capcom's best selling series, has Rathalos as a boss and assist trophy, had mii fighter costumes in Smash 4 that didn't return for this game, a Monster Hunter movie coming soon, and the fact that of all the 3rd parties, Capcom has been playing the nicest with Nintendo (Ken, all the Street Fighter spirits and all the Mega Man and Street Fighter song remixes), so it would only be fair if Nintendo returned the favor by promoting their games that are often released on Nintendo consoles. Also Monster Hunter was in MvC:I...so there's that.....

3) Banjo-Kazooie - After the post I made earlier and all the evidence surrounding the fact that Rare is working with Nintendo on this game makes me strongly believe that Banjo is coming, and will have a lot of Microsoft and Rare content to boot (inlcuding an Ender Dragon boss perhaps?)

4) Sega Rep (Tails or the sleeper pick, Axel (Streets of Rage)) - ok here me out. If SE gets another 3rd party rep, then that leaves Sega and Namco as the only 3rd party companies to only have 1 rep. I'll talk about the Namco rep in a minute, but Tails and Axel are likely for their own reasons. Tails had a mii fighter costume in Smash 4 which is now gone and is a much better Sonic rep than Knuckles or Shadow change my mind. Axel is likely because he could be a nice Sega throwback character, and Streets of Rage 4 is coming out soon, so what better way to promote the game than by putting him in? Just an idea

5) Namco Rep (Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, Yoshimitsu, I have no clue) - This is the only one i'm kind of going to cop out on. While a Namco rep seems very likely, which one we're getting is beyond me. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4, Lloyd has somewhat of a history with Nintendo and in his home game literally controls like a Smash character, and Yoshimitsu, while not as popular, is a character that would fit into Smash nicely, have a fun moveset with him and could represent Tekken and Soul Caliber at the same time (cause he appears in both consistently)

Let me know what you guys think! (I didn't say Dixie because she has a mii fighter hat in the files so rip)
I can’t really see ALL the dlc being third party, although your choices are for the most part sensible. Monster hunter music thing was debunked though

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

I think we'll have at least two first party so yeah.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, seriously, I get that the game looks very nice and irresistible to play among many things, but these streams only prove how bad these people are at not being impatient to own a copy of the game, and these aren't legitimate copies (if the downloads are anything to go off of).

This has been the shortest wait for a new Smash game from what I'm aware, and while premature footage in this way isn't uncommon to a crazy extent to see in gaming, I can't help but see this as pointless in the end.

And I guess this is also just torturing the existence of about all of us here.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have just realized that the two Style Savvy Trendsetters songs from 4 are back. Between Spirits and music I'm doing pretty well for my lovely obscure series'. Ouendan/EBA got four spirits! That's so cool!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Third Sega rep would probably be an SMT/Persona character, especially with SMTV and 900000 Persona 5 spinoffs on the way

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I feel like anymore than rd parties in the dlc is expecting too much.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Honestly, if there's going to be a Minecraft boss, I think it's most likely going to be a Wither; different moves such as different colored skull projectiles and an armor effect halfway through the fight give it a bit of an advantage over the dragon, which just flies around and occasionally spews acid.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
but he was also very confident in "Gen 7"
Should this even be considered? I think everyone and their mother was confident in a Gen 7 Poke, the only thing going on against that were "mmmayybe they'll be satisfied with Pokemon Trainer?" but no one took that too seriously anyway.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if there's going to be a Minecraft boss, I think it's most likely going to be a Wither; different moves such as different colored skull projectiles and an armor effect halfway through the fight give it a bit of an advantage over the dragon, which just flies around and occasionally spews acid.
I would agree that the Wither would be a more interesting boss than the Ender Dragon, as we already have a dragon boss in Smash.

D

Deleted member

How would you all react if your DLC was:

-Porky Minch
-Adeleine & Ribbon
-Marshal
-Cross
-Erdrick

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There is going to be an Minecraft boss. Verge said so. Anything he says is right at this point.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Aaaaand just as I thought, Porky, Sylux, and third-parties will be the sole topic of this thread until our first character gets revealed.

If any of the DLC characters are already Spirits, PLEASE reveal them first. Otherwise this will be the most boring and tedious speculation cycle we've ever had.
Shantae and Pyra to the rescue.

D

Deleted member

Did I miss any new developments in the last 7 hours or what? Mainly curious if new bosses were confirmed or if Marx, Ganon, Dracula and Rathalos are all of them.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Explain your reasons for most of them. I only know Kirby and Mother.
In his defense, you not knowing three other characters doesn't mean the rest aren't viable choices.

Did I miss any new developments in the last 7 hours or what? Mainly curious if new bosses were confirmed or if Marx, Ganon, Dracula and Rathalos are all of them.
So far it's just a lot of unlocking characters for the roster through Classic Mode or something.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
How would you all react if your DLC was:

-Porky Minch
-Adeleine & Ribbon
-Marshal
-Cross
-Erdrick
Tibby is more likely than Marshal but that's okay. Not a bad lineup. It's funny, it's almost a lineup of people who aren't quite who I want. A Xenoblade X rep but not my most-wanted X rep. A Rhythm Heaven rep but not my preferred RH rep. A Square-Enix rep but none of the ones I actively support. Yet at the same time I can't deny that this would be a potentially very fun and interesting roster. It would come with a nice stage and music variety and some good movesets, maybe some Spirits too. Nice.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nothing more on bosses yet, but Nintenjas were confirmed to exist again.

R O F L

Smash Ace
What if they purposely made the DLC characters base-game spirits so it would mess up leaks and speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom