• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How would you all react if your DLC was:

-Porky Minch
-Adeleine & Ribbon
-Marshal
-Cross
-Erdrick
I'd be actually disappointed. Like, the only two good-ish characters in that list are Marshal and Erdrick. Porky and Adeleine are practically whos and Cross is just boring.

Another reaction question, but how would you all react if we get a Crono Trigger remake for Nintendo Switch in the style of Octopath Traveler and get Crono for Smash alongside that?

I'd be more than okay with that.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Why do people think we're getting Adeleine just because we haven't seen her spirit? If you do believe this, point me to a 02 spirit or even a Kirby 64 spirit in general. Heck, it's almost undeniable that Sakurai Bias is a thing because not only is Marx a boss, he's also a Mii hat, as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Should this even be considered? I think everyone and their mother was confident in a Gen 7 Poke, the only thing going on against that were "mmmayybe they'll be satisfied with Pokemon Trainer?" but no one took that too seriously anyway.
Considering how much "Pokemon already has enough reps" or "Gen 7 doesn't need one" sentiment there was, yes, absolutely. There were a LOT of people who flat out did not want/expect a Pokemon this game, especially because 'muh ballot'.

D

Deleted member

Tate me if anything interesting leaks over night ok. Difficult to keep up with this stuff sometimes.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Another reaction question, but how would you all react if we get a Crono Trigger remake for Nintendo Switch in the style of Octopath Traveler and get Crono for Smash alongside that?

Pony, PLEASE don't put ideas in my head. X_X

Roberk

Smash Champion
How would you all react if your DLC was:

-Porky Minch
-Adeleine & Ribbon
-Marshal
-Cross
-Erdrick
>Porky
Let Mother rest, we don't need villains for the sake of villains.

>Adeleine
Odd pick compared to other requested Kirby reps but I guess they are all Spirit'd so okay.

>Marshal
Haven't played much Rhythm Heaven, give me Karate Guy, Tap Trial Girl, Interviewer, hell even Chorus Kids since they are requested as a Rhythm Heaven rep instead though.

>Cross
Yikes, would be the blandest "avatar" on the roster and every Xeno fan would be pissed.

>Erdrick
One of the best choices for DLC, IMO.

Shroob

Sup?
Why do people think we're getting Adeleine just because we haven't seen her spirit? If you do believe this, point me to a 02 spirit or even a Kirby 64 spirit in general. Heck, it's almost undeniable that Sakurai Bias is a thing because not only is Marx a boss, he's also a Mii hat, as well.
But Sakurai made Adeleine in Dreamland 3.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In Spear Pillar, the top floor started out pale-green, but got a much more blueish tint when Dialga showed up. I assume it turns purple with Palkia.
This might mean that unlike Brawl, we won't know which legend will show up beforehand.

----

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
What if they purposely made the DLC characters base-game spirits so it would mess up leaks and speculation?
Even one who was a spirit would throw a wrench into the gears that are the thought process of snobbish "They're in this role, so they're deconfirmed" elitists.
Add an AT promotion to follow that, and they'd be looking like the dude on packages of Warheads.

This message brought to you by WARHEADS Sour Candy. WARHEADS, eat them often and indiscriminately.

D

Deleted member

Explain your reasons for most of them. I only know Kirby and Mother.
Erdrick because token "SE character" that's being speculated heavily. Dragon Quest III is a big deal for both Square-Enix and the fandom.

Marshal because unusual omission from a RH Spirit when literally everyone else featured in Smash as a Trophy is present and then some. Also similar to the Chorus Kids in design, who were likely going to be in Smash 4.

Cross because he's not a Spirit while Elma is :V.
Weakest one yet; could replace him with someone else.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how ya'll just made up this fan rule about Spirits and as soon as a character that is one gets in as DLC ya'll gonna be all ''BUT SAKURAI SAID....'

Nah, ya'll said. YA'LL.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
She grew on some people. Gacha character or not, if Smash is about its characters and its movesets, a character's origin shouldn't detract their chances at being playable.

Personally though, I unironically adore the idea of Arturia as a playable character in Smash. At least as far as element-wielding knights go.
I think she should fight with her sword 'hidden' by a whirlwind until she uses her final smash. EXXCALIBAH!!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It's kind of odd to me that yesterday almost no one had issues with the game being datamined but there are a few today wagging their fingers about streaming the game. Not saying they are the same people but it's just kind of an odd difference between the two situations

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Realistically, what does it actually mean that there are Rare games referenced in the code? Can Nintendo do that without having the rights to Rare content already? In which case, it would pretty much confirm Banjo, right? Unless they're crazy enough to add Steve and also have some Rare spirits for no reason.

On the other hand, if they add Banjo and also the Enderdragon as a boss for no reason, that'd already be pretty crazy.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kind of odd to me that yesterday almost no one had issues with the game being datamined but there are a few today wagging their fingers about streaming the game. Not saying they are the same people but it's just kind of an odd difference between the two situations
The difference is that said people streaming the game dumped the rom files.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Adeline is the painter.

She could summon enemies to attack via painting them like she does in Star Allies. That could be really interesting, as we haven't got a summoner yet.

D

Deleted member

I'd be actually disappointed. Like, the only two good-ish characters in that list are Marshal and Erdrick. Porky and Adeleine are practically whos and Cross is just boring.
Porky is far less a "practically who" than Marshal.

Anyone who's played Brawl would recognize him.
He's also a glaring omission.

No boss appearance despite being perfect for Ness' and Lucas' final boss and Sakurai bringing back Galleom from the SSE?
No Spirit among the Mother series while the Absolutely Safe Capsule is one? And he's one of the most important characters in the franchise?!

Even when Smash 4 didn't have to since he didn't have any actual role in the game, they made sure to give him a Trophy using his Brawl appearance in the Wii U game. And then use it for Smash Tour.

So yeah, GLARING OMISSION....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, I haven't been alright with any of this. It's making me feel really uncomfortable...

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Music vs Gameplay. I chose music.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Put Agumon in Smash > Get Renamon as a Spirit > Put Renamon with this Lucario alt > Milions and Bilions of Dolars

lucariorena.jpg

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

How could you say Porky is a who? You never played Brawl?

Also who the **** is Marshal?

R O F L

Smash Ace
Piranha Plant being the only major Mario enemy not to have a spirit, kind of throws a wrench in that.
Wait, isn't Piranha Plant free DLC because he couldn't make it in the base game? I always though he was intended to be base game but was moved to DLC because of time constraints.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> Verg says there's a Minecraft boss
> The boss list has been datamined

Bruh, what? He's evidently digging himself a hole. Is this in addition to Steve or what? I'm also aware that it hasn't been identified whether the boss list has been completely found out or not, but man.

Should be interesting if any other leaker has heard this, because he's still the only major leaker saying this. Losing faith, and I wouldn't even be mad if he's wrong at the point because I don't even want the latest information to be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom