• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
@A.G.L. kept saying this, but I really didn't expect Square to be that stingy about their stuff.
Who skips a Smash opportunity? :/
Square's been too busy pumping resources into Final Fantasy 15/KH3 and teasing people with FF7 remake over the past four+ years to focus on anything else .

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't want to beat her up, but she needs to watch her mouth. No one talks to Lucas that way.
Bayonetta has a soft spot for crybabies even if she doesn't like to admit it, so she's storming off to the Reset Bomb Forest with the Baddest ***** walk with nothing but pure murder in her eyes. Incineroar's coming with too cause the species took a similar trait from Drampa

StormC

Smash Hero
If anyone here is gonna speculate on DLC for real, be prepared to do an immense amount of research to speculate on newcomers. That is all I will say.
I'll be sure to file a cited research paper that will be to your liking before I post anything on the subject.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You know what , the leak had :

Steve, Banjo, Sora, Agumon (Maybe, it was a Digimon music) and Crash

All music files.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Glad you're happy about it :)
She was in 4 too btw.
I know, but after they cut Magnus, I had minor fears Viridi would only be a background character. So I’m glad her Mii Costume gets to stay (also means we have 3 Viridis now)
Why is Viridi such a meanie?
Cause she doesn’t know how to confess her love to Pit in any other way, so like Helga she uses anger to hide her true emotions

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta has a soft spot for crybabies even if she doesn't like to admit it, so she's storming off to the Reset Bomb Forest with the Baddest ***** walk with nothing but pure murder in her eyes. Incineroar's coming with too cause the species took a similar trait from Drampa
Viridi: *starts **** with 80% of the Smash roster*
Smash roster: *goes beat up her butt*
Viridi:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Literally the first line for Roy's Palutena's Guidance...

Pit: "Look! Marth dyed his hair red!"

Oh.
Just wanted to remind the world that Pit also can't distinguish FE characters from each other.

"15 years old?! Is that even legal?!

It is in Ostia, where Roy spends his days as a noble, being smart, brave, and dependable.

I bet he smells like heaven!

How am I supposed to compete with a guy like that?"

Roy fans definitely waited for this.
But Roy definitely has some admirers...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Elma may be dead but if the lists of Spirits I'm seeing are correct, it's Cross time :^)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just wanted to remind the world that Pit also can't distinguish FE characters from each other.
Some of the Smash fandom also can't do it. Only difference is that they think it makes them smart.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ultimate ain’t even out (cept Mexico) and there’s already mods.

I love the Smash community.

Also, someone wake me up when a voice modding happens so I can put Steve Burton as :ultcloud: and give :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultkrool: their voices.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Both Steve and Banjo in the same DLC wave?

It might happen but it smells fishy
I don't know... It's not impossible...
Where's the Sakurai rule stating that two characters from the same third party company can't get in as DLC around the same time?
Banjo and Steve getting announced in the same direct isn't too out of the question, if you ask me...

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Where's the Sakurai rule stating that two characters from the same third party company can't get in as DLC around the same time?
Banjo and Steve getting announced in the same direct isn't too out of the question, if you ask me...
Never said it was impossible

I just think it's unlikely because it smells like aquatic vertebrate to me

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Square's been too busy pumping resources into Final Fantasy 15/KH3 and teasing people with FF7 remake over the past four+ years to focus on anything else .
Just like Konami with Metal Gear/Kojima and Castlevania. Bomberman almost never saw the light of day... and many others
Sega did
And then they tought about it
When? Smash Wii? I thought they did good with Sonic. Plenty of remixes too.
I know, but after they cut Magnus, I had minor fears Viridi would only be a background character. So I’m glad her Mii Costume gets to stay (also means we have 3 Viridis now)
Wow! if I owned the game and knew you liked her that much I'll add a fouth and a playable too X)

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Ultimate ain’t even out (cept Mexico) and there’s already mods.

I love the Smash community.

Also, someone wake me up when a voice modding happens so I can put Steve Burton as :ultcloud: and give :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultkrool: their voices.
Not for everyone in Mexico. Just for a few people.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
bigger brain: minecraft steve gets announced at the game awards 1st, and then banjo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi: *starts **** with 80% of the Smash roster*
Smash roster: *goes beat up her butt*
Viridi:
Jokes on them, Viridi can’t get her *** whooped cause she a bad *****

But Roy definitely has some admirers...
tbf, Pit wasn’t in Melee and didn’t know who he was in 4, so he gets to not know the Boy Roy
He's already one, though:
Chrom can do anything except not trip over something
Just like Konami with Metal Gear/Kojima and Castlevania. Bomberman almost never saw the light of day... and many others
When? Smash Wii? I thought they did good with Sonic. Plenty of remixes too.
Wow! if I owned the game and knew you liked her that much I'll add a fouth and a playable too X)
Viridi might not need to be playable, but she’s only of the few living options left if KI ever got a 4th Rep (plus...Pandora is the best female in Uprising)

D

Deleted member

That's not true, my favorite third party character just got confirmed because there is literally nothing in the game about them.
Also remember that if we see any reference of any sort, that is explicitly deconfirming a character. Especially stat-boosting PNG files!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also remember that if we see any reference of any sort, that is explicitly deconfirming a character. Especially stat-boosting PNG files!
Yep. It's sad that Link or Luigi got deconfirmed but we have to move on with our lifes.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think porky and sylux are the big characters to look at that dont have spirits because of various things about them.

third party characters not so much as nintendo not including them as a spirit MIGHT be something negotiation-wise we really cant say, where as first party nintendo characters being absent is entirely on nintendo... so missing third parties probly dont mean much save for maybe heihachi since he was a mii costume and considered for playable before and now has nothing. feels like a good spirit candidate and namco working directly on smash makes them the loosest company to get stuff from but hes gone.

porky being such a big part of SMASH in the past makes his absences the most suspicious imo, not only a history with the mother series and important to both ness and lucas and a stage in smash but he's always been well repped in smash and now is gone completely from what we've seen and isnt even referenced for his status as a former boss fight... HIGHLY suspicious i'd say. Also while its seen as almost an impossibility at this point, localizing mother 3 and promoting that with a smash character would make sense with nintendo choosing the dlc.

sylux, while some of the other hunters are gone, was always a fairly likely dlc candidate with nintendo picking the chaarcters and metroid prime 4 being a BIG future title to promote and sylux supposedly having a major role in there... just adds even more to the chances of being DLC to have sylux missing from the spirits.

no idea if spirits "deconfirm" characters or what i think theres decent arguments on both sides but i still think in case it DOES deconfirm its worth looking at the characters who managed to avoid being spirits. with potentially only 5 dlc characters (6 with piranha plant and yes 30 potential spots have been found but lets stick with what we know for sure) and some likely being third party a missing major nintendo character or two when almost everyone else is a spirit is enough to possibly narrow down a dlc character or two. and if you dont think nintendo would be that obvious in giving away the dlc characters... let me introduce you to box theory.
thats a comment i was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom