• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Galleem can only destroy one galaxy at a time... Then i survive, as much as the thread wants me dead.

With the inventions given to me by Reed Richards, i can warp in a nanosecond to any universe i want to visit.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
That’s not what he meant and you know it.
If you justify actions that you know create backlash, you deserve what you get.

No one deserves death threats but I cant just get behind their actions and justifications.

Someone else doing bad, it doesnt stop their act being bad.

They know what is pissing people off. You cant just go and expect people not to get mad even if something isnt your intention. If someone creates a really offensive character, it doesnt matter if their intention isnt being offensive. It still will offend people, even if you say "I wasnt aiming for this". If they keep the char up even if they know consciously what else this action does, then they deserve what they get. No one is putting agun on their heads and telling them to do that.

We owe to our actions and are responsable for their consequences. That is just how real life works. They know what they are doing and they know what it provokes. He doesnt have to change. But if he doesnt want to change, he needs to accept what comes with it even if it is undesirable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao at this rate we'll get a modded Knuckles, Isaac, and Waluigi in the game before even Pirahna plant
If only that was possible. You'd have to make an entire character from scratch. It doesn't matter that they're killable and have a lot of moves.

MainJPW

M.T.A
If Galleem can only destroy one galaxy at a time... Then i survive, as much as the thread wants me dead.

With the inventions given to me by Reed Richards, i can warp in a nanosecond to any universe i want to visit.
I can't believe every single character on the Smash roster is below Galaxy level.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
im glad ultimate is easy to mod, i really enjoyed brawl modding, its a shame switch hacking is everything but easy though

Seriously, 4 was such a nightmare due to the weird file extensions used. It looks like they don't exist if people are already accessing stages.

Maybe Sakurai is secretly supporting mods by removing these extensions for easy modding along with the 30 open character slots lol

/s

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If you justify actions that you know create backlash, you deserve what you get.

No one dseserves death threats but I cant just get behind their actions and justifications.

Someone else doing bad, it doesnt stop their act being bad.

They know what is pissing people off. You cant just go and expect people not to get mad even if something isnt your intention. If someone creates a really offensive character, it doesnt matter of their intention isnt being offensive. It still will offend people, even if you say "I wasnt aiming for this". If they keep the char up even if they know consciously what else this action does, then they deserve what they get. No one is putting agun on their heads and telling them to do that.

We owe to our actions and are responsable for their consequences. That is just how real life works. They know what they are doing and they know what it provoques. He doesnt have to change. But if he doesnt want to change, he needs to accept what comes with it even if it is undesirable.
I’m not gonna waste my time arguing with you because this whole thing will go in circles and either of us will end up getting an infraction.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
If only that was possible. You'd have to make an entire character from scratch. It doesn't matter that they're killable and have a lot of moves.
They might theoretically be able to port animations from existing Brawl mods, rather than basing them off of the ATs.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe a Lil late on the news but...
Dataminers found out that Snake Codec now RETURN at Ultimate! BUT, there is a HUGE catch...

Seems like the codec ONLY work for Brawl characters, no characters older/newer than Brawl.

That is a bittersweet news today.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...game_leak_megathread_215_any_and_all/ead19n5/
Maybe this will keep those who hate Palutena to relax a bit more
Viridi is in technically...yay
BOI, IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET HOW TF
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Honestly who knows

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My point is transporting assets is much easier than creating them from scratch. Once people figure out how it works, these characters have animations, textures, and gimmicks that can all be ported to an actual character if they decide to make it.

Granted, you need to have a dedicated team like those who did Project M (they nearly utilized and completed 6 of the 7 open slots for brawl) or XP legacy, but they do exist and this game possibly is more exciting to do mods for.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, 4 was such a nightmare due to the weird file extensions used. It looks like they don't exist if people are already accessing stages.

Maybe Sakurai is secretly supporting mods by removing these extensions for easy modding along with the 30 open character slots lol

/s
4 was pretty easy to mod once you figured out what is supposed to go where. Understanding it all was the difficult part.
the fact its happening is exactly why i feel sad for him
Piracy and accidental early copies are always going to happen in the game industry, that's just a reality of it. You can at least take comfort that the people doing this are a very small minority.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
But look, Isaac can do exactly two new stuff! It means he was originally playable and they just changed the textures! Mods, prove this! /s

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, people may be ****ty in certain opinions for doing something you don’t want them to do.

But, who has control over what you do or don’t see? The answer is, spoiler alert, not other people.

If you deem it necessary to threaten somebody’s life, their attachment to other people they love, the content they create, and the memories people have with them, all over a $60 video game that you will play either by yourself or with friends from time to time, then like, **** you, man.

That’s definitely not okay. Express your frustrations, but death threats are dumb and are overused.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Piracy and accidental early copies are always going to happen in the game industry, that's just a reality of it. You can at least take comfort that the people doing this are a very small minority.
oh I was mostly talking about the modding but no one shouldnt be stupid enough to pirate a new game. Shouldnt be

all this just leaves a nasty taste

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The actual voices and dialogue for Pit and Simon...we just need to hear the rest now

D

Deleted member

death threats are ****ty but they don't excuse prosafia's ****ty behavior

If I punch 10 people in the face and then some dude hits me with a car it doesn't excuse me punching ten people in the face ya feel?

yes i know i said im gonna leave this thread until i finish WoL but **** it at this point

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
BOI, IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET HOW TF
There was a problem fetching the tweet
>When your game gets modded two weeks before its even out....

The modding community has really outdone themselves at this point, at least it will be interesting to see how things will go this time. Hopefully getting mods up and running won't be as cumbersome as it was for Smash 4...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
death threats are ****ty but they don't excuse prosafia's ****ty behavior

If I punch 10 people in the face and then some dude hits me with a car it doesn't excuse me punching ten people in the face ya feel?

yes i know i said im gonna leave this thread until i finish WoL but **** it at this point
I completely agree with this post.

Especially with this part.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If there's one thing I'm sad about it's that the cutscenes were leaked. That's the one thing Sakurai didn't want during Brawl. I also really feel like hacking the game to make it playable is going too far.

That said, I guess it'll be really interesting because the idea of a day one patch seems a lot more likely considering all the crashes. I just want to play the game even more now and really sink my teeth into some Spirits battles!

D

Deleted member

I really don't want to mod this game. I did a stupid elaborate modpack for Smash 4 and when I started bringing my setup to tournaments, it just became "add X pls" and then I started adding things for the sake of adding them. We'll see how long that lasts though.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I’m not gonna waste my time arguing with you because this whole thing will go in circles and either of us will end up getting an infraction.
I am fine with that. Agreed to disagree.

I mean, people may be ****ty in certain opinions for doing something you don’t want them to do.

But, who has control over what you do or don’t see? The answer is, spoiler alert, not other people.

If you deem it necessary to threaten somebody’s life, their attachment to other people they love, the content they create, and the memories people have with them, all over a $60 video game that you will play either by yourself or with friends from time to time, then like, **** you, man.

That’s definitely not okay. Express your frustrations, but death threats are dumb and are overused.
Totaly agree with that. People need to learn how to respond when upset. This issues seems to come from the internet being consequence free
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am surprised that almost everything but the order of unlocking has been leaked. Not fair!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I really don't want to mod this game. I did a stupid elaborate modpack for Smash 4 and when I started bringing my setup to tournaments, it just became "add X pls" and then I started adding things for the sake of adding them.
I'm not modding it either. Not really interested. There's enough content in the game for me haha

Iridium

Smash Hero
Gonna need to hear Alucard speak soon...

I don't even care how many lines he gets.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And what makes you say that? Spirits hardly deconfirm anyone, especially since that would make this dlc speculation really boring. Besides Chun-Li has a pretty okay chance for dlc right now (unless of course Minecraft Steve is confirmed, it only goes downhill from there).
It doesn’t matter if it makes DLC speculation “boring”. The fact we have no non-Fighter spirits of playable characters says it all.

Unless the character you want is not a Spirit, I would lower expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom