• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Is Geno's mii costume in?
Honestly if its not, I do find that to be strange.
Are there any other character licensed mii costumes that were in previous games that did not make it back some how?
Tails or chocobo for example
No third party mii costumes are in, but geno is a spirit

beans

Smash Lord
It seems clear that Cloud was probably one of the very last characters negotiated. In which case, this could either explain the absence of Square Enix stuff, since they didn’t have enough time, or it could mean that Verge and others somehow mistook the Cloud negotiations for another Square Enix character, through a messed up game of telephone with their sources.
WOW
I made a joke about it and it can actualy be true.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm just glad the business suit is still in. Not being able to use a purple suit is going to make Wonka less accurate, but I really needed the business suit for a number of my characters.
Same here, Michael Bay needs to look nice as he's blowing people to kingdom come.
ProsafiaGaming has turned face. Also contains swearing.

Mod Edit: Uncensored swearing. Image removed.
Jeez, I feel for the guy. I know he's spoiled stuff for me and others before, but no one deserves harassment and death threats over something so trivial. People can be really ****ing stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't like how the channel's handled stuff in the past and I'm 100% sure they'll do the same this time around but yikes guys, it's just some spoilers of a fighting game.
Profasia is still ****ty but I'm getting tired of death threats being the way to go on this day and age.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There is a number of remixed music that I really would not stop listening to within Smash Ultimate so far.

The ones which are my faves so far are Kass's Theme (LoZ), Gang Plank Galleon & Crocodile Cracophony (DK), Brinstar Depths (Metroid), F-Zero Medley (F-Zero), Beyond Distant Skies & The Menu Theme from FE: Heroes (Fire Emblem), Guile's & Vega's Theme (SF) and the Castlevania music.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Same here, Michael Bay needs to look nice as he's blowing people to kingdom come.

Jeez, I feel for the guy. I know he's spoiled stuff for me and others before, but no one deserves harassment and death threats over something so trivial. People can be really ****ing stupid.
I feel bad for him, but his statement about spoiling seems not true

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone in this thread justifies sending death threats to anyone i'm going to cancel Smash Brothers

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
There's 30 free character slots, so I came up with some echoes, which come with a brief description:

• 2ε: Funky Kong (lighter, faster, weaker attacks)
  • 3ε: Linkle (Smash 4 Moveset)
  • 5ε: Boshi (heavier, slower, stronger attacks)
  • 10ε: Ninten (no yo-yo, lighter)
  • 11ε: Black Shadow/Phoenix (similar to Melee's Ganondorf)/(lighter, faster, weaker attacks)
  • 14ε/67ε: Wart (combination of Bowser and King K. Rool, has something similar to Peach's turnips)
  • 37ε: Masked Man (has sword)
  • 49ε: Glass Joe (lighter, weaker attacks, better recovery)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Allegedly people finally managed to get the game fully working.

Warning: I'm not promoting piracy, I'm just providing proof that someone got into a battle

Hopefully someone can reveal how some characters are unlocked. Like its apparently the hardest thing to figure out lmao

D

Deleted member

Also, while people will **** on Square for this, I have to say I like that Uematsu got to keep the rights to his music. The fact all these composers worked so hard on all these games' OSTs but just end up being owned by the company is kinda sucky so it's nice to see someone own the work they did.
I agree. As annoying as it is that we don't get songs like J-E-N-O-V-A or One-Winged Angel, I do like that Uematsu owns them. You usually don't see that from big companies and it's nice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Get ready people, we are getting those SE spirits. :troll:

-Fixed

I know they are an enterrpise first and foremost but it is really disappointing. One would expect them to try to work together but it seems like not much between Nintendo and SE has changed. Everything there seems like the bare minimum. It doesnt look good. Forget about comparing it other companies, this doesnt look well even on its own. I am not going to demand more content but I wont deny my disappointment for the lack of content. I hope you understand.
Oh I wouldn’t blame anyone for being disappointed at all! I was hoping for more music myself to be honest.

It’s just that it turns into finger pointing and anger very quickly. Just kinda weird is all.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

Found it, it was some Rare Titles in the game files.
Oh my god, someone who backed up their claim with a source!

About the text though, I'm not sure if that's a spirit. tit_*game name* seems like it'd just refer to the name of the game. Maybe they brought the pointless Chronicle thing from Brawl back? That had some Mickey Mouse games mentioned by name in it. I don't know for certain though. Blast Corps is a Rare game though, so you're absolutely right about that.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

It’s really cruel that people are sending the guy death threats over damn video game! I never had a problem with this guy since I don’t mind being spoiled but of course, I don’t speak for everyone. I can understand that you don’t want to be spoiled but for ****s sake, at least be a decent human being about it...

rockerztonight1

Smash Rookie
Are you guys sure that was the full list of Spirits in the game? I was looking at the Sonic characters and noticed Infinite wasn’t on there. Maybe he wasn’t grouped with the Sonic cast?

FreeFox

Smash Lord

"Hi! My name is ProsafiaGaming, I dont care if people are upset by my thumbnails, there are people that dont care either which means my actions are not wrong. Why dont you go attack the other channels instead of mine? We do this because we want to attract people. We dont care if our actions hve unseen consequences. We wont take responsability even if we know that our actions have these effects. "

D

Deleted member

Oh my god, someone who backed up their claim with a source!

About the text though, I'm not sure if that's a spirit. tit_*game name* seems like it'd just refer to the name of the game. Maybe they brought the pointless Chronicle thing from Brawl back? That had some Mickey Mouse games mentioned by name in it. I don't know for certain though. Blast Corps is a Rare game though, so you're absolutely right about that.
Oi I liked the chronicle.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
How does that person not know who Vince is? He’s an assist trophy this time and everything. I guess maybe the dataminers aren’t necessarily Nintendo fans tho
Honestly I had Art Academy and if it wasn't for that AT trailer/direct I wouldn't have known that his name was Vince. I thought he was nameless and they named him just to make him an assist :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom