• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can’t say I blame them. I mean, /a/, the second board ever created isn’t even on the 4chan domain anymore.

This is very off topic though
It's actually a lot closer to being on-topic than a lot of the mini-discussions that have gone on in this thread.
I will admit to causing about 50% of those off-topic discussions.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Can someone provide me with the proof of Cloud not being playable in World of Light? That would be completely bizzare and not make any sense, to me at least.

LuigiLover3

Smash Rookie
I still think an awesome character would have been Pokemon's Team Rocket with three pokemon like Meowth, Arbok, etc.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm honestly just gonna call Vergeben and the rest wrong going forward for DLC. Had we not known about how aggressive Square was with just Cloud alone to the point where you can't even play as him in World of Light, how much do you think anyone else has a chance?
Cloud MAYBE ain't in WoL but he is absolutely present in Spirit battle
1543077339344.png

He is also absolutely present as an enemy IN spirit mode / WoL
I'm 99% sure it had nothing to do with Square Being stingy as **** if they're okay with Cloud being possessed with other characters inside of him.

And the thing is, that same Piranha Plant leaker was the same one back in September who made the original 4chan post. At this point, given all the signs, like I said last night, a track record ain't cutting it anymore. We need to see AT THE LEAST one piece of damning evidence or a case made.
Ryce ain't that 4chan leaker wtf.
Ryce is the guy who leaked MVC stuff and knew about the smash Direct of August + Incineroar.
Most insiders knew about Piranha plant literally what? a week to two days before the direct Aired with a watermarked Video and that goes for Ryce too

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So uh, hey! While it might be a bit premature to say so...
Vergeben was finally wrong about something Smash-related!
Probably.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly ****ing shook they took Zinnia's theme and somehow made it better. Who's this person? Who improved on perfection? I need to know who they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
didn't we do this with the grinch leak and then got btfo
I would not jinx it. But it would be pretty funny if the two DLC characters we were most “sure” about, just don’t end up happening at all.
No, I'm gonna make a bold statement: At the VERY LEAST, we aren't getting a new SE rep. The evidence is right in front of our faces.
If I'm wrong, sue me, but I am becoming more and more confident that this is the case.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
No, I'm gonna make a bold statement: At the VERY LEAST, we aren't getting a new SE rep. The evidence is right in front of our faces.
You know what? I actually agree with you. Steve is still kinda likely, but I don't expect a SE rep, let alone characters like geno or sora

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I'm wrong, sue me, but I am becoming more and more confident that this is the case.
Is "the evidence" Final Fantasy being the only game Square makes?

D

Deleted member

Actually, the spirits list being incomplete could tie in with the day-1 patch leak. Perhaps in addition to new modes, some spirits will be added as well such as the style savvy one.

D

Deleted member

Actually, the spirits list being incomplete could tie in with the day-1 patch leak. Perhaps in addition to new modes, some spirits will be added as well such as the style savvy one.
The day 1 patch adds Cloud to the list of playable characters in WoL if it turns out he is missing.

:4cloud:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know what? I actually agree with you. Steve is still kinda likely, but I don't expect a SE rep, let alone characters like geno or sora
This is going to be fun.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I feel like there's no real reason to say Ryce disproves Vergeben. It's just putting his word against Verg's after all. Just because y'all don't like Steve doesn't mean we should jump to conclusions here

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
This honestly depresses me. Why even look forward to anything Smash-related when it's all going to leak, the surprise will be ruined, and then the novelty wears off?
Why do people here seem to treat leaks as though they're good things?
Erm long-term it is the battles that matter lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, with the number of time people or insiders called out Vergeben as being "wrong", I though that people would have learned.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Finally caught up.

So the significant missing characters who aren't spirits are Porky, Sylux and Celica?

hmm

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
About Palutena's Guidance:

"Take Palutena for instance... Her current appearance is something humans can comprehend, but it's not her true form."

I'm sorry, but what the eff?
She's an spy. Trust me on this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
About Palutena's Guidance:

"Take Palutena for instance... Her current appearance is something humans can comprehend, but it's not her true form."

I'm sorry, but what the eff?
not the first time a reference like this was made (Viridi has some about her young looks and age)
But smash ain't canon tho.
Smash is canon to Kid Icarus (and maybe Bayonetta)
Patch Notes - 12/7/2018
  • Cloud has been removed from the game.
and the stage + 2 songs stay

beans

Smash Lord
Honestly, the SE rep is the most impossible or possible considering the time of its conception.
By the time we got the info of a SE rep its possible that all legal hurdles involving its inclusion would be solved.
However, its ****ing Square Enix. They don't like to play ball. Like really, if the ball goes to their court they probaly pop it. just look at XC2
Probaly because, again, legal hurdles are a pain to solve with their IPs, so it is easier to not deal with all the papers that come with it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Finally caught up.

So the significant missing characters who aren't spirits are Porky, Sylux and Celica?

hmm
These are the most notable of not being spirit

Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown