• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
OK, so does anyone know with absolute certainty that the list of fighters minus Cloud is for the playable characters in WoL and not for something else, like enemy spirits or something? (Outside of having to fight him to unlock him, which does throw a wrench into this theory, Cloud would likely not be used for any spirit battles, so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it could be that?)

I'm just grasping at straws. I'd be so dumb if you could unlock the entire roster except Cloud.
Cloud was the Square DLC all along, he is in the game but you cant play as him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
> No non-variant Celica spirits
> Barely any Gaiden/SoV songs and no new remixes, and no other spirits, despite Fire Emblem having lots of spirits
> Popular character who Nintendo has pushed in the past, and wouldn't be a gamble like a Three Houses character

Celica's DLC, folks. Calling it.
Safe pick, good character, neat design. She'll do.

D

Deleted member

OK, so does anyone know with absolute certainty that the list of fighters minus Cloud is for the playable characters in WoL and not for something else, like enemy spirits or something? (Outside of having to fight him to unlock him, which does throw a wrench into this theory, Cloud would likely not be used for any spirit battles, so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it could be that?)

I'm just grasping at straws. I'd be so dumb if you could unlock the entire roster except Cloud.
We know Cloud is used for Spirit Battles at the very least due to the Zeke Spirit in the Direct

D

Deleted member

Oh wow. He said that?
Ooooookaaaaaaaaay
Well, I'm gonna go with this Piranha Plant guy. Freaking no one could have called Piranha Plant. And not to mention, all of Verg's claims were rather safe bets.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest.
Here's the full quote by him.

Vergeben has been saying there would be Minecraft content in Smash since June, long before Nintendo and Sakurai made the DLC roster plans. If that piece of information was legitimate I probably would have heard about it over the summer. It sounds to me like Vergeben is pivoting to the Minecraft content being DLC to save face for bad intel.

(I'm not saying Minecraft DLC is an impossibility -- I just don't think Vergeben actually knows anything about the DLC.)

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77233375

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just wanna know the current status of all these leakers currently, with the Piranha Plant leaker saying Vergeben is wrong about stuff like Minecraft content and such. We got some fighting words.

Hell, with how asinine Square is being right now, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these leakers are on watch now. :nifty:
Good things he is not deconfirming the Square-Enix Characters, honestly that's the only one I firmly believe for some reasons.
Also the "piranha plant leaker" not really. It's not him and They all knew about Piranha plant, Vergeben and all other Insiders.

After not hearing about Minecraft stuff, who knows honestly. The things to understand is that the Minecraft stuff comes from Vergeben's MAIN SMASH SOURCE who hasn't been wrong a single time as of yet, so I'm really confused, especially now that Steve ain't a spirit.

D

Deleted member

Good things he is not deconfirming the Square-Enix Characters, honestly that's the only one I firmly believe for some reasons.
Also the "piranha plant leaker" not really. It's not him and They all knew about Piranha plant, Vergeben and all other Insiders.

After not hearing about Minecraft stuff, who knows honestly. The things to understand is that the Minecraft stuff comes from Vergeben's MAIN SMASH SOURCE who hasn't been wrong a single time as of yet, so I'm really confused, especially now that Steve ain't a spirit.
The day 1 patch mode is just Minecraft. It has no ties to Smash, you just click it and it loads Minecraft.

D

Deleted member

Lorekeeper Zinnia: downloaded
Sound: on
****: out
I am focibly removed from Smash

Iridium

Smash Hero
The video was deleted, someone who saw it please tell me what it was?
I think it was some guy showing off a copy of Ultimate (intro, I think, and menu) he had somehow (not kidding). He even put "sue me nintendo" in his description.

Nintenjas got to him...

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
They could've made Sigma a boss...

So the franchises with bosses are;

- Legend of Zelda
- Castlevania
- Kirby
- Monster Hunter

1 or 2 more franchises being represented with a boss would've been nice...
Giga Bowser is in (Mario series). If I remember correctly Werewolf (Castlevania series) and some Bayonetta boss were on the menu artwork for World of Light.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Keep in mind we are hearing that this isn't the full list and there still may be a few more yet to be uncovered. I don't know the veracity of the claims but one major thing I've noticed is no Style Savvy spirit despite the Stylist from the first game being in one of the montages of the glowing balls of light.

Just something to consider.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Which Piranha Plant leaker are we talking about? The one on reddit?

D

Deleted member

Keep in mind we are hearing that this isn't the full list and there still may be a few more yet to be uncovered. I don't know the veracity of the claims but one major thing I've noticed is no Style Savvy spirit despite the Stylist from the first game being in one of the montages of the glowing balls of light.

Just something to consider.
This is definitely pretty interesting. Could mean there’s at least a few more spirits we don’t know about.

D

Deleted member

Which Piranha Plant leaker are we talking about? The one on reddit?
No, there was one on 4Chan that ended up getting the entire base roster right. Piranha Plant was so weird, though, that nobody believed them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
About Palutena's Guidance:

"Take Palutena for instance... Her current appearance is something humans can comprehend, but it's not her true form."

I'm sorry, but what the eff?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm honestly just gonna call Vergeben and the rest wrong going forward for DLC. Had we not known about how aggressive Square was with just Cloud alone to the point where you can't even play as him in World of Light, how much do you think anyone else has a chance?

And the thing is, that same Piranha Plant leaker was the same one back in September who made the original 4chan post. At this point, given all the signs, like I said last night, a track record ain't cutting it anymore. We need to see AT THE LEAST one piece of damning evidence or a case made.

D

Deleted member

That's because I was really hoping for my favorite Pokemon to be a Spirit but Sakurai can't even deliver that
I'm with you there, but :186: had no chance at being anything. Just give him a mega with Gen V Drizzle or change Pelipper's hidden ability please.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
About Palutena's Guidance:

"Take Palutena for instance... Her current appearance is something humans can comprehend, but it's not her true form."

I'm sorry, but what the eff?
What does that mean? Is this some sort of Kid Icarus reference I don't get?

D

Deleted member

wish /v/ wasn't in shambles right now because I feel like some interesting stuff would pop up there.
instead they're all butthurt over 4channel
Can’t say I blame them. I mean, /a/, the second board ever created isn’t even on the 4chan domain anymore.

This is very off topic though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom