• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Even if Marvel got a rep in Smash, Wolverine would not be in... At least first.

Mostly because he wasn’t created by Stan Lee. If we want mutants, then we could get Magneto, Storm or Jean Grey first. Wolverine would be in at best after a character created by Stan Lee.

For Marvel reps, i would prefer one of these three: the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man or Iron Man.
Howard the Duck or bust.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Cutscenes leaked. A few bosses leaked. Palutena’s guidance leaked. All spirits leaked.
Sounds like it was a pretty exciting night for you all. But hey, good morning to you all!

I hope today is just as exciting. Who knows what other new things might be discovered~

Here! Have some dancing chocobos to root us all on with our quest of speculation <3

D

Deleted member

Howard the Duck or bust.
He wasn’t created by Stan Lee, sadly.

Sounds like it was a pretty exciting night for you all. But hey, good morning to you all!

I hope today is just as exciting. Who knows what other new things might be discovered~

Here! Have some dancing chocobos to root us all on with our quest of speculation <3
Thanks a lot pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even if Marvel got a rep in Smash, Wolverine would not be in... At least first.

Mostly because he wasn’t created by Stan Lee. If we want mutants, then we could get Magneto, Storm or Jean Grey first. Wolverine would be in at best after a character created by Stan Lee.

For Marvel reps, i would prefer one of these three: the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man or Iron Man.
bruh I was making a Marvel vs Capcom joke. Wolverine’s usually the face of the marvel side, so I said him. It’s not that deep

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of Sylux, it looks like the only Hunters that appear as Spirits are...

Gandrayda, Kanden, and Trace. As for the others, Rundas, Ghor, Noxus, Spire, and Weavel are also missing. So while it is possible that they excluded Sylux for future reasons, it also could be that like Vaanrose said they only had scenarios in mind for those three Hunters and not the others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alucard in Richter's Guidance is cool as hell. Will he pull a Chrom next game? He's the only non-KI to have a cameo in the guidances.
As for the IC thing, I assumed that was Palutena and Viridi arguing with each other because those two speaking is a really odd choice though I would love it.

Also, Sakurai can't keep getting away with these, seriously.
Screenshot_20181124-134229.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I can't help but be a little distracted by the two in the back...

Iridium

Smash Hero
@Tougon, life conferences in Pichu's Guidance:

"Why is it that smaller fighters are always fast?

You'll understand when you grow up, Pit.

One day you'll wake up unable to do things you could in the past.

That's...depressing.

Ohhhhhhhh. Is that what it's like for you, Lady Palutena?

Don't make me smite you."

Jeez...
And they did it again in Young Link's:

"We may have triumphed over Medusa in this timeline, but in a different timeline, you lost that fight, leaving Medusa and Hades to rule the world.

Every action and inaction creates infinite parallel worlds! You're only in one of them.

Wait... I'm not the only me? And nothing I do matters because another me will do the opposite?

THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF DOING ANYTHING!"

That's a bit deep...

D

Deleted member

Somebody else pointed this out, but the Ice Climbers in their guidance might just be pit and dark pit arguing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Man, we basically have the game before we actually have the game. Not in all of its entirety, though. This pretty much is the biggest leaking that has ever happened to a Smash game, undoubtedly.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Geez, Viridi is harsh on Mewtwo. Also, Alucard popping up in Richter’s guidance is amazing!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We can’t ignore the fact that Pittoo is getting **** all over him...like...damn he gets easily destroyed
And they did it again in Young Link's:

"We may have triumphed over Medusa in this timeline, but in a different timeline, you lost that fight, leaving Medusa and Hades to rule the world.

Every action and inaction creates infinite parallel worlds! You're only in one of them.

Wait... I'm not the only me? And nothing I do matters because another me will do the opposite?

THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF DOING ANYTHING!"

That's a bit deep...
Kid Icarus...apparently the most realistic game from Nintendo
Geez, Viridi is harsh on Mewtwo.
Even more harsh on Lucas and maybe Dark Pit

D

Deleted member

Man, we basically have the game before we actually have the game. Not in all of its entirety, though. This pretty much is the biggest leaking that has ever happened to a Smash game, undoubtedly.
When you think about it, it still doesn't beat the ESRB Leak.

We knew about pretty much everything going into this game before this happened. The only "big" things that have leaked are music and some World of Light spoilers, which I see a lot of people for the latter then hide from all the spoilers.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Actual spoilers by Palutena:

"OK, gossip time! Did you know Ken's wife Eliza is also Julia's sister, and Julia is married to Guile?

What?! So Ken is Guile's brother-in-law?!

They acknowledged it, but even I didn't know that...but maybe I should have.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When you think about it, it still doesn't beat the ESRB Leak.

We knew about pretty much everything going into this game before this happened. The only "big" things that have leaked are music and some World of Light spoilers, which I see a lot of people for the latter then hide from all the spoilers.
Viridi slaughtering people is also a big thing to be spoiled

beans

Smash Lord
We can’t ignore the fact that Pittoo is getting **** all over him...like...damn he gets easily destroyed

Kid Icarus...apparently the most realistic game from Nintendo

Even more harsh on Lucas and maybe Dark Pit
Tune in next game, when Viride makes really insensitive mother jokes near Lucas.

MuH EsRb

Also Brawl's pipe was full of holes. When characters got leakead cause of the stickers was the funniest.

D

Deleted member

"OK, gossip time! Did you know Ken's wife Eliza is also Julia's sister, and Julia is married to Guile?

Twitch chat erupted when that was shown in stream, people spammed ‘LORE’.
It’s a cool piece of trivia anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They had his VA in for both languages; Yuri in English, and they have a pick of two for Japanese-- Hikaru Midorikawa (also Marth) and Ryotaro Okiayu (Zero, though they could've just been reusing prior clips for the AT).

Alm & Celica (Young)
Alm & Celica
Only SoV spirits are Young Alm+Celica and Adult Alm+Celica.
> No non-variant Celica spirits
> Barely any Gaiden/SoV songs and no new remixes, and no other spirits, despite Fire Emblem having lots of spirits
> Popular character who Nintendo has pushed in the past, and wouldn't be a gamble like a Three Houses character

Celica's DLC, folks. Calling it.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Does anyone know if there is still a Viridi Mii costume? I need it for, uh, training mode purposes.

that ***** is gonna be my personal punching bag. I don’t care if it’s still a costume.

beans

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if there is still a Viridi Mii costume? I need it for, uh, training mode purposes.

that ***** is gonna be my personal punching bag. I don’t care if it’s still a costume.
Be happy, you have it.
Geno fans dont have the same luck

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

We learn something new everyday
Tune in next game, when Viride makes really insensitive mother jokes near Lucas.

MuH EsRb

Also Brawl's pipe was full of holes. When characters got leakead cause of the stickers was the funniest.
Viridi would make such a joke

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Honestly curious as to who z92 was and why they were cut. Hopefully we find that out soon and that they aren't lost to time.
I have a feeling that the cut character is one of the few DLC characters, seeing how he and the team are now able to come back to it.

If z92 does in fact become a DLC character, then we would know who it is because their file would go in between Isabelle and Incineroar.
Here's some goodies:
Things to note:
  • There is a total of 1,297 spirits.
  • Risky Boots (Shantae) is a spirit.
  • Plague Knight, King Knight, and Specter Knight (Shovel Knight) are spirits.
  • Geno and Mallow are spirits. They are considered fully-fledged Mario characters.
1297!?!

Basically, almost every big Nintendo character and even obscure ones are all in Smash at this point.

The only ones that would be left are third parties and characters from unreleased games.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Viridi has pissed a lot of people off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom