• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait hold on, there isn't a Cyndaquil spirit? There aren't any for Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Grovyle/Sceptile either.

Sakurai has terrible taste in Pokemon confirmed.
Sakurai is the only person in the development team confirmed.

D

Deleted member

These are the most notable of not being spirit

Banjo Kazooie
Monster Hunter
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
All of these guys are third party. Their absence means nothing. If they were in the game, it'd be worth mentioning.

osby

Smash Obsessed
this is all the notable ones

https://streamable.com/b24n2

Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Style Savvy
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
I wouldn't call Jack Frost a notable omission by any means, there is no ATLUS content in the game.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
this is all the notable ones

https://streamable.com/b24n2

Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Style Savvy
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
I heard there's no True Form Elma and no Ray 01.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
All of these guys are third party. Their absence means nothing. If they were in the game, it'd be worth mentioning.
Which is why it's more important to look at the first party ones.

So Celica, Porky and Sylux.

There obviously wouldn't be an Edelgard spirit because her game isn't out yet.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actually, speaking of Palutena's guidance. Do we know if the stock "I have no data on this fighter" bit that was used for DLC characters is still in the game? I recalled it being within Smash Wii U's code before Mewtwo was released so might be interesting to know if that's still there.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
z92 being 1st party proves my theory. It is Issac, I have no doubt about it.
I've been saying this, Issac is the only AT that had a reworked model AND attacks. They could've reworked his attacks (those giant hands) but why the model itself. The model is detailed enough, it only lacked some final polishing.. rendering, texture and what not to make it look like the other fighters.
The moment I saw Issac AT I realized he was a canned playable.. maybe totaly because of the Grinch leak or just for that earth quick.
In short, Issac was stripped from his textures (assuming they were applied in the first place) and most of his moves then turned into AT. Reason: not sure
My guess is the earthquake maybe..? I've heard similar things have been done in the past but can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head. I doubt the grinch would have anything to do with it.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Actually, speaking of Palutena's guidance. Do we know if the stock "I have no data on this fighter" bit that was used for DLC characters is still in the game? I recalled it being within Smash Wii U's code before Mewtwo was released so might be interesting to know if that's still there.
it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, it would be great if Stunfisk, Munchlax or Misdreavus were Spirits but Deoxys AND Psyduck are, so I can't complain.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Style Savvy
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
Why's everyone skipping the most obvious T^T

osby

Smash Obsessed
My guess is the earthquake maybe..? I've heard similar things have been done in the past but can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head. I doubt the grinch would have anything to do with it.
They said every fighter in the project plan made it into the game. People are just being desperate and trying to convince themselves they were "almost there". This is "Isabelle was initially an echo" levels of denial.

D

Deleted member

Zoe Trent
Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Style Savvy
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
Fixed it (I'm kidding)

D

Deleted member

Neither of those would've cause Isaac to have been canned. If he was intended to be playable, he would've been done or nearly done by the time the earthquake happened, and when the Grinch rolled around, he would need to be done 100%.

D

Deleted member

Cloud MAYBE ain't in WoL but he is absolutely present in Spirit battle
View attachment 179530

He is also absolutely present as an enemy IN spirit mode / WoL
I'm 99% sure it had nothing to do with Square Being stingy as **** if they're okay with Cloud being possessed with other characters inside of him.

Ryce ain't that 4chan leaker wtf.
Ryce is the guy who leaked MVC stuff and knew about the smash Direct of August + Incineroar.
Most insiders knew about Piranha plant literally what? a week to two days before the direct Aired with a watermarked Video and that goes for Ryce too
But here's the thing, had all those rumors about Cloud being the final character to negotiate with, I wouldn't feel THIS gung-ho about it.

To go as far as to make Cloud the one character you cannot play as in your big Adventure Mode? That kinda sealed the deal for me.

And it sucks because I legit do want Square characters like Geno, Sora or another FF character, but there always seems to be a big problem with each. Hell, the fact there's only three Square spirits is pathetic. GOKU got in before Tifa or Sephiroth for spirits. Like wtf lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
Neither of those would've cause Isaac to have been canned. If he was intended to be playable, he would've been done or nearly done by the time the earthquake happened, and when the Grinch rolled around, he would need to be done 100%.
No, no, no. Isaac fans managed to put him into the game but they removed him and added his Assist (because his popularity was too huge to ignore) because of that meanie earthquake. /s

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, some of the characters being missing isn’t any sort of evidence of their DLC chances.

Reimu? A notable exclusion? Come on guys. I don’t care if Touhou is popular or what have you, just being popular means nothing for Smash.

D

Deleted member

I mean with the mahvel reference and no Wolverine spirit...
I dunno, but the evidence is looking pretty undeniable

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So far we have Snake having his voice actor back, but unfortunately doesn’t get to crossover with Pit like I had hoped for...next game (since he’s likely to have a next time)
I think Palutena said Ryu fought with mutants and super heroes.
If only the leaks for the Palutena’s Guidance were audio and not text

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But here's the thing, had all those rumors about Cloud being the final character to negotiate with, I wouldn't feel THIS gung-ho about it.

To go as far as to make Cloud the one character you cannot play as in your big Adventure Mode? That kinda sealed the deal for me.

And it sucks because I legit do want Square characters like Geno, Sora or another FF character, but there always seems to be a big problem with each. Hell, the fact there's only three Square spirits is pathetic. GOKU got in before Tifa or Sephiroth for spirits. Like wtf lol
So first

We still don't know this for certain.
The only things we don't have is literally a Name on the CPU battle list, Cloud could very well be added in a way or another a la Sonic in the SSE.

Secondly what is that ****ing double standard here on smashboard?

First people are all "YO THEY MANAGED TO GET GENO'S PNG!!!! SO THEYRE OKAY WITHT HEM" and now they're "Yo, there no way Square get DLC"
Y'all are pushing a narative that seems favorable to your storyline or just either overly optimistic or negative.

Sure, Square-Enix are being stingy as hell but c'mon, are you implying that with the mad money they made with Smash 4 DLC they wouldn't try to get more?
Or hey- ever though that maybe they didn't want to have more Spirit?

Namco have like 4-6 spirit in total (almost as much as SE) lost all Mii costume, So I guess they're ****ing stingy and Smash Ultimate Development is canceled because they don't want to develop it anymore then?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Banjo Kazooie
Sylux
Rythmn Girl
Porky
Monster Hunter
Adeliene
Tibby
Edelgard
Cross
Travis Touchdown
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Reimu
Hayabusa
Lloyd Irving
Steve
Style Savvy
Erdrick
Slime
Chrono
Doomguy
Dante
Saber
Bit Trip Runner
Heihachi
Jack Frost
alright, where's my Quote Gang?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Yeah, some of the characters being missing isn’t any sort of evidence of their DLC chances.

Reimu? A notable exclusion? Come on guys. I don’t care if Touhou is popular or what have you, just being popular means nothing for Smash.
Tell that to all the obsessive Porky fans on 4chan, they think he's a shoe-in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom