• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Aba should be here. No for Kameme from what I'm aware of. There still are children there, though. You just won't see as many.

I see the Iri nickname is catching on...
Thx Iri ;) (sounds good don't you think?)

Can't wait to see if Kameme will have as much success with Megaman in Ultimate, his Smash 4 matches were really fun to watch.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's no need to be petty like that man. Unless this is farcical, in which case disregard my statement.

I get that, but I don't like ignoring people. The "show ignored content" button at the bottom of the thread above the posting window is annoying, and I keep hoping he'll grow past this. I get having passion for a character. Ya'll know that I love Sora and Joker, and will debate endlessly for them. But Sora and Joker don't constitute most, if not all of my posts, and I don't present leaks containing them to drum up discussion for them. I'll talk about them when they come up in discussion, and maybe meme on any leaks containing them but treat them the same as any other regardless.

The point I'm making is that there's a line, and he continually crosses it and it gets old. @GoldenYuiitusin put it well in that he is the Boy Who Cried Agumon. I wish he was more than just that.
I have literally no one on ignore because I like to try and improve them as a person, so I get that.
Not to get deep and personal and in peoples business but from what I get Graizen went through something really tough (like a loss in the family) lately, which causes most people to delve into what comforts them most.
That's why I don't feel right lashing out at the guy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, they broke up. He quite literally started getting bad placements after that...
That’s very unfortunate. Hopefully Earth manages to get back on his feet (in Smash sure, but mostly life)

D

Deleted member

Apparently being facetious and making a reference to Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy of all things is being overly smug.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It makes sense because Intelligent Systems abandoned their superior tactics series due to low sales and because Fire Emblem became a gold mine after Awakening. It’s not fair, but it makes sense.
Oh yeah of course, the same series that did better than Fire Emblem in regions outside Japan and was healthier towards the end of the 2000's.

I love how people keep citing 2008's Days of Ruin sales numbers when FE consistently did similar ****ty numbers until Awakening. The narratives people pull out is very funny.

And totally disregarding that, it's no excuse to not have a track or an AT. Series don't have to be relevant to get that kind of representation. Because I don't recall the new Mario Paint game that came out recently.
Did Golden Sun get a track? Can't help but feel AT isn't the only reputable series without a track.
Golden Sun only retained the two tracks it had from previous entries.

Hell if it weren't for Isaac's Ballot performance I doubt they would have any incentive to keep him in that role.

D

Deleted member

Everyone Else: *going crazy over the dumbest things ever*
Me: "Man, this soundtrack is godlike!"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm just despairing all of this.

I didn't think Sakurai would disrespect the franchise the way he did, a franchise with so much historical significance to Nintendo and gaming. And I even held out hope before that maybe Andy could have been this game's retro character but after a while I accepted that wasn't going to happen.

And then I held out hope for a CO-related Assist Trophy...nope no AT at all...

Well maybe some new tracks to make up for this...nope nothing at all...

If I didn't know better I would outright say Sakurai has something against this series. Or maybe he actually does. Not like i'll ever know.
yeah No sir.
Look here, Layton got 100% nothing and you dont see me acting like this

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh yeah of course, the same series that did better than Fire Emblem in regions outside Japan and was healthier towards the end of the 2000's.

I love how people keep citing 2008's Days of Ruin sales numbers when FE consistently did similar ****ty numbers until Awakening. The narratives people pull out is very funny.

And totally disregarding that, it's no excuse to not have a track or an AT. Series don't have to be relevant to get that kind of representation. Because I don't recall the new Mario Paint game that came out recently.

Golden Sun only retained the two tracks it had from previous entries.

Hell if it weren't for Isaac's Ballot performance I doubt they would have any incentive to keep him in that role.
Damn you really propping up AW and just bussing Isaac like that

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Apparently being facetious and making a reference to Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy of all things is being overly smug.
Like I said, it's hard to read tone on the internet. My bad for judging that statement.
I have literally no one on ignore because I like to try and improve them as a person, so I get that.
Not to get deep and personal and in peoples business but from what I get Graizen went through something really tough (like a loss in the family) lately, which causes most people to delve into what comforts them most.
That's why I don't feel right lashing out at the guy.
I understand that, but circumstances aren't any excuse to hide behind. For all we know some here could be going through worse circumstances and contribute to the discussion meaningfully.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Damn you really propping up AW and just bussing Isaac like that
I'm a huge Isaac supporter dude, I was super bummed out when he was revealed as an AT.

And what I was saying was that Sakurai would have slashed his AT in a heartbeat had it not been for his Ballot performance. Because he can't be bothered with those series.
yeah No sir.
Look here, Layton got 100% nothing and you dont see me acting like this
Big difference Pumpkaboo; ones a third party and the other is a first party that isn't given enough representation in game.

That being said I hope Layton gets a Spirit at least or something of that nature.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, it's hard to read tone on the internet. My bad for judging that statement.
I only use the :V smiley when I'm joking around.

Like when telling Vaan that I expect him to bring me the Cupcakes of Sorriness (from E,E,'nE) over something that isn't really a big deal at all. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom