• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, that was the best Palutena play I've seen, and she's ****ing hell to play as.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The fact you even bring it up in the first place makes no difference than sharing it in terms of being obnoxious. Because more likely than not, the "leak" is Agumon related. That's literally the ONLY reason you try to force us to look at something. Every. Single. Time.
Except now you're just being a **** and telling people to go hunt for it instead.

Better to just not say anything at all at that point.
BRO WHY IS WE ALL ARGUING WHEN WE JUST GOT SOME NEW MUSIC GOD DAMN CAN WE JUST CHILL OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN LISTENING TO ELECTROPLANKTON
Because it's a valid problem.

The leak is Agumon related btw. I'll do a good old fashioned session for this one, for old time's sake
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/440229749
Consists of 5 Google Drive MP3 Downloads. Songs are:
Treasure Trove Cove - Banjo & Kazooie
Cortex Boss Music - Crash Bandicoot 2
Next 0rder - Digimon World
"Vs. Artificial Heartless," whose real name is Shrouding Dark Cloud - Kingdom Hearts
Moog City 2 - Minecraft

The bolded portion is the most important, and proves this one is fake.
Thankfully I was able to avoid spoilers, but making me search for this one was dangerous and isn't appreciated as I had to go out of my way and risk getting spoiled for this. Not to mention the risk of viruses, which I thankfully didn't get either. Not cool man.

If you want a TL;DR it's the regular Graizen schtick where he presents us with a fake Agumon leak to derail discussion towards him.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just despairing all of this.

I didn't think Sakurai would disrespect the franchise the way he did, a franchise with so much historical significance to Nintendo and gaming. And I even held out hope before that maybe Andy could have been this game's retro character but after a while I accepted that wasn't going to happen.

And then I held out hope for a CO-related Assist Trophy...nope no AT at all...

Well maybe some new tracks to make up for this...nope nothing at all...

If I didn't know better I would outright say Sakurai has something against this series. Or maybe he actually does. Not like i'll ever know.
Can we please not use the "Sakurai has it out against X series" argument, please?

This gets brought up ALL the time whenever someone's favorite series doesn't get in, and it's both tiring and just silly.

D

Deleted member

For the love of god please don’t tell me you actually want to **** the dog
We had a user earlier tonight join just to act like he was the ****ing Grinch, of course he intentionally posted it because he knew people would be all over the thread.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Still, is it really right to blame Sakurai only for this? There's literally no reason he'd have anything against it. He's just an incredibly busy dude, and he can't remember "HEY...Advance Wars needs a track!"

We also haven't seen all the Spirits.
Busy he might be but it's not going to kill him dead to port over the Infantry & Tanks AT from the Wii U version in the game. No amount of "you can't please everyone" is going to cover for that. And double that for all the niche series that got tracks in this game and for some reason, not Advance Wars.

I'm fully expecting Andy to show up as a spirit along with Will but that's still a pathetic representation of a franchise like this. The only way this can get salvaged is if it had a character as DLC. Only then would this make a lick of sense.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

The leak is Agumon related btw. We'll do a good old fashioned session for this one, for old time's sake
"Vs. Artificial Heartless," whose real name is Shrouding Dark Cloud - Kingdom Hearts
Moog City 2 - Minecraft

Thankfully I was able to avoid spoilers, but making me search for this one was dangerous, and isn't appreciated. If you want a TL;DR it's the regular Graizen schtick where he presents us with a fake Agumon leak to derail discussion towards him.
I completely get the frustration but it does seem a lot of us are just putting ourselves through it. Muting him would solve a lot of issues for people who don't wish to see his posts. But again I get the frustration, just didn't feel right roasting him for me personally.

D

Deleted member

The leak is Agumon related btw. We'll do a good old fashioned session for this one, for old time's sake
Moog City 2 - Minecraft

Thankfully I was able to avoid spoilers, but making me search for this one was dangerous, and isn't appreciated. If you want a TL;DR it's the regular Graizen schtick where he presents us with a fake Agumon leak to derail discussion towards him.
vaanrose vaanrose
Looks like I was right all along.
I will be expecting those Cupcakes of Sorriness soon. :V

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can we please not use the "Sakurai has it out against X series" argument, please?

This gets brought up ALL the time whenever someone's favorite series doesn't get in, and it's both tiring and just silly.
Bruh...

It's one thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it doesn't get a character in game.

And it's a whole other thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it can't even get an AT that's easy to port over from Smash Wii U and not even a track to compensate. Especially one with as much history as the Wars series.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
a. He literally could have just said it was Banjo-related and avoid any sort of issue that resulted from "b".
b. How can we not be harsh to The Boy Who Cried Agumon at this point?
B is being rude if I'm honest, IDK what happened then but it shouldn't be a permanent stain, just because he did whatever however long ago doesn't mean it should okay to treat him like this now. Even just from what I've seen lurking this thread for the past few days a lot of people are needlessly aggressive towards him.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've reached the phase in this grief cycle that if I can't get Twilight of the Gods, I'm at least content with getting the Berkut theme in Smash. A worthy substitute.

We still need Celica as DLC to address this oversight.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Im a little sick , so im going to sleep.
Sorry for the trouble again.

Good night.

D

Deleted member

I'm not surprised that petty arguments like these are breaking out in the board. :glare:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I completely get the frustration but it does seem a lot of us are just putting ourselves through it. Muting him would solve a lot of issues for people who don't wish to see his posts. But again I get the frustration, just didn't feel right roasting him for me personally.
Honestly, I think his obsession is a bit creepy, but I won't roast him ever again. I have nothing personal against him, and he has that childlike Innocence that makes me kinda smile.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Bruh...

It's one thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it doesn't get a character in game.

And it's a whole other thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it can't even get an AT that's easy to port over from Smash Wii U and not even a track to compensate. Especially one with as much history as the Wars series.
The issue comes when you place blame entirely on Sakurai because he can't give attention to one specific series. Also I don't know why it'd be so easy to port this AT over-from what I get they'd still have to build it from the ground up.

Where would that track even go?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All of the non-Gladion Pokémon remixes, Mario remixes, and especially Fire Emblem and DK remixes have been top notch. Sad about no Punch-Out!! remixes or Divine Decree, but besides that I'm so happy. Now I'm just waiting for Trouble Brewing II to be posted.

Personal Highlights, in no particular order:
The Time to Act
Id Purpose
Destiny (Ablaze)
Prelude (Ablaze)
Advance!
Fire Emblem Main Theme
Kahuna Battle
Elite Four/vs Solgaleo and Lunala
Alola Title Defense Theme
Zinnia Battle Theme
Steven Battle Theme
Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld
Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld
King Bowser
Isle Delfino
Kass's Theme
Map Theme/Bonus Room Blitz
Gangplank Galleon
Snakey Chantey
Wood Man Theme
Metal Man Theme
Bloody Tears/Monster Dance
Vampire Killer
Wicked Child
I love how as I was typing this, I was tagged and told about the Trouble Brewing II remix twice.

Love you guys lol. :p

D

Deleted member

B is being rude if I'm honest, IDK what happened then but it shouldn't be a permanent stain, just because he did whatever however long ago doesn't mean it should okay to treat him like this now. Even just from what I've seen lurking this thread for the past few days a lot of people are needlessly aggressive towards him.
Pokechu. It's a reccuring thing.
Just like your need to jump in to defend people without ever knowing the actual context of the situation.

Stop.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just like your need to jump in to defend people without ever knowing the actual context of the situation.

Stop.
Okay Golden this is going over the line you're just plain out using ad hominem at this point what gives
Like I said I get the frustration but you're just being rude

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, that's Fuwa. A pretty good Smash 4 Marth main.
And Wife of Earth, the best *and practically only* :ultpit: player (unless they broke up)
We’re in a timeline where Electroplankton got a new remix before :ultsonic: & :ultcloud:.

Also, Sonic’s victory theme is still lazily ripped from 06...

I hate SEGA & Square.
Atleast with Sega you get

2 playable characters
31 songs
3 stages
4 AT characters
Someone to rep 3rd parties
Mii Costumes
Multiple Spirits
A Star Power
Two high-top tier characters

And :ultsonic: getting to have the most emotional death in World of Light (while :ultbayonetta: gets a deserved death)

Sega may not be allowing any new remixes (or the composers didn’t want to do any for them), but don’t hate on the company that has a lot of content

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Busy he might be but it's not going to kill him dead to port over the Infantry & Tanks AT from the Wii U version in the game. No amount of "you can't please everyone" is going to cover for that. And double that for all the niche series that got tracks in this game and for some reason, not Advance Wars.

I'm fully expecting Andy to show up as a spirit along with Will but that's still a pathetic representation of a franchise like this. The only way this can get salvaged is if it had a character as DLC. Only then would this make a lick of sense.
It makes sense because Intelligent Systems abandoned their superior tactics series due to low sales and because Fire Emblem became a gold mine after Awakening. It’s not fair, but it makes sense.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, I randomly fell unconscious, so if someone could link me the Nintendo Live event, I'd be very thankful.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d laugh at Smashboards if there’s a Digimon related leak that’s legit and someone who linked it isn’t Graizen lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The issue comes when you place blame entirely on Sakurai because he can't give attention to one specific series. Also I don't know why it'd be so easy to port this AT over-from what I get they'd still have to build it from the ground up.

Where would that track even go?
I & T would be like the easiest thing to develop given their pixelated nature. That's not even worth considering; especially with some character models very similar to Smash Wii U.

With all the Misc. tracks of course. Where else? I don't even give a **** if Sakurai ripped something from the GBA/DS and called it a day. At least that's something instead of nothing.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Stop.
?????

Even now you're being really hostile, there's no reason for it. You're telling me to "stop" yet I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. You're going to wail on a user and then act smug towards others when it turns out that you might be right? I don't think I follow.

Iridium

Smash Hero
And Wife of Earth, the best *and practically only* :ultpit: player (unless they broke up)

Atleast with Sega you get

2 playable characters
31 songs
3 stages
4 AT characters
Someone to rep 3rd parties
Mii Costumes
Multiple Spirits
A Star Power
Two high-top tier characters

And :ultsonic: getting to have the most emotional death in World of Light (while :ultbayonetta: gets a deserved death)

Sega may not be allowing any new remixes (or the composers didn’t want to do any for them), but don’t hate on the company that has a lot of content
Yeah, they broke up. He quite literally started getting many bad placements after that...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
vaanrose vaanrose
Looks like I was right all along.
I will be expecting those Cupcakes of Sorriness soon. :V
There's no need to be petty like that man. Unless this is farcical, in which case disregard my statement.
I get that, but I don't like ignoring people. The "show ignored content" button at the bottom of the thread above the posting window is annoying, and I keep hoping he'll grow past this. I get having passion for a character. Ya'll know that I love Sora and Joker, and will debate endlessly for them. But Sora and Joker don't constitute most, if not all of my posts, and I don't present leaks containing them to drum up discussion for them. I'll talk about them when they come up in discussion, and maybe meme on any leaks containing them but treat them the same as any other regardless.

The point I'm making is that there's a line, and he continually crosses it and it gets old. @GoldenYuiitusin put it well in that he is the Boy Who Cried Agumon. I wish he was more than just that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I & T would be like the easiest thing to develop given their pixelated nature. That's not even worth considering; especially with some character models very similar to Smash Wii U.

With all the Misc. tracks of course. Where else? I don't even give a **** if Sakurai ripped something from the GBA/DS and called it a day. At least that's something instead of nothing.
Did Golden Sun get a track? Can't help but feel AT isn't the only reputable series without a track.

D

Deleted member

Zinith Zinith @Mr. Wario

Yeah, my posts do read pretty terribly. Could've just said I wasn't a fan of the cut. If you guys are cool with it, that's great! It's suck a minor thing to get into stupid internet argument over. I only really have me to blame for centering the conversation around Yoshi anyway. Ironic, I'm sick of him being the topic of discussion, and it's me that brings it up. I do still have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, you guys can do as you wish. I just wanted to apologize, sense this outburst was completely uncalled for, and there's no point in being angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom