• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
My God. You people will literally complain over every single little thing. It's almost like you purposefully find things to be disappointed by. Yoshi having a slightly altered victory theme isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Damn nvm sorry chief
I'm just despairing all of this.

I didn't think Sakurai would disrespect the franchise the way he did, a franchise with so much historical significance to Nintendo and gaming. And I even held out hope before that maybe Andy could have been this game's retro character but after a while I accepted that wasn't going to happen.

And then I held out hope for a CO-related Assist Trophy...nope no AT at all...

Well maybe some new tracks to make up for this...nope nothing at all...

If I didn't know better I would outright say Sakurai has something against this series. Or maybe he actually does. Not like i'll ever know.

D

Deleted member

My God. You people will literally complain over every single little thing. It's almost like you purposefully find things to be disappointed by. Yoshi having a slightly altered victory theme isn't the end of the world.
>Implying I give a damn that much about a slighty altered theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I didn't think Sakurai would disrespect the franchise the way he did, a franchise with so much historical significance to Nintendo and gaming. And I even held out hope before that maybe Andy could have been this game's retro character but after a while I accepted that wasn't going to happen.

If I didn't know better I would outright say Sakurai has something against this series. Or maybe he actually does. Not like i'll ever know.
I don't think it's fair to keep saying "Sakurai"
Hundreds of audio editors and otherwise developers were involved in this
Fairly easy for it to slip through the cracks unfortunately

D

Deleted member

What on earth is going on with this thread?...

I think we need to calm down a little bit...
Seriously.

Going back to actual productive conversation, I'm listening to the music stream right now and dang are all of these songs great. The new Lost in Thoughts remix is fantastic! Also really liking the Kirby Super Star Staff Roll remix.

D

Deleted member

My God. You people will literally complain over every single thing. It's like you purposefully find things to be disappointed by. Yoshi having a slightly altered victory theme isn't the end of the world.
If you ask me, when you get to this level of nitpicking, it kind of shows how good the rest of the game is. I'm not even that upset about the victory themes. Do I think some sound awkward now? Yes. Is it a massive deal breaker? Absolutely not.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
A dev typed in “****ING DONE”. It’s right in the code, I don’t what happened but he got mad at his job.
That's hilarious.
Gonna bet some code related bull****. Maybe the little **** code didn't want to work and they spent two hours looking for the problem only to find it was a missing ";"

Coding can be beyond infuriating sometimes

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The fact that half of the victory themes are cut short is stupid but it’s not a big deal, and nobody said it was.

Also, Chrom not having the Awakening theme is freakin bizarre.
With that and the Final Smash it’s like he was added at the last milsecond possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The real crime isn't even the victory themes anyway.

It's that the DK Rap is still missing two verses.
:dkmelee:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dozens of new tracks are coming in by the hour, and I walk in to see discourse over an audio clip that plays for like less than half a minute.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The fact you even bring it up in the first place makes no difference than sharing it in terms of being obnoxious. Because more likely than not, the "leak" is Agumon related. That's literally the ONLY reason you try to force us to look at something. Every. Single. Time.
Except now you're just being a **** and telling people to go hunt for it instead.

Better to just not say anything at all at that point.
This time it had absolutely nothing to do with Agumon. It's just some guy on 4chan trying to pass off some Banjo Kazooie songs as datamine rips.

You guys are far too harsh on this kid.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Opossum Opossum

ITS A CODENAME STEAM REMIX!!!

AND ITS LIT AS ****!!!

The fact that not only did Codename STEAM manage to get a song, but also get it remixed, just puts a big smile on my face. I'm so happy that it's getting thrown a bone since it's such a good game and I would've been disappointed to have seen it overlooked.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We’re in a timeline where Electroplankton got a new remix before :ultsonic: & :ultcloud:.

Also, Sonic’s victory theme is still lazily ripped from 06...

I hate SEGA & Square.

Aw man, I guess no schoolchildren fighting each other in this tournament.

BUT MAYBE THE FOREIGNER WHO WON THE ARMS TOURNAMENT WILL BE IN THIS TOURNEY???
I think this is where the top players show up this time. I saw Kome's tag in one of the brackets, so maybe a Shulk can take it all?
Oh... it's only pro-players, no super gifted children fights tonight.. . ok then, pro player will do :p

Iri do you know if Kameme and Abadango are participating in this one?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Seriously.

Going back to actual productive conversation, I'm listening to the music stream right now and dang are all of these songs great. The new Lost in Thoughts remix is fantastic! Also really liking the Kirby Super Star Staff Roll remix.
I'm personally loving that Iceman Remix...
That Divine Bloodlines Remix also sounds pretty dope

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Obviously this doesn’t confirm DLC, I assume they’re at the end because they don’t belong to any other series, but the Tabuu icon is interesting. Also what might be a Galeem icon:

0562E7DF-38B9-4338-82C7-36B5FAAA7EAE.png

LetterO

Smash Lord
All this music is so good but I still can't get over the fact that Rhythm Heaven got screwed over hard. It couldn't at least get one song that was remixed, or even an AT.

I have my hopes for DLC but this just seriously brought me down.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I leave for 20 minutes, 20 minutes, and you lads are at eachother's throats over a slightly awkward victory theme instead of enjoying all this musical goodness.

Am I gonna have to hire a babysitter? I clearly can't leave all you home alone.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think it's fair to keep saying "Sakurai"
Hundreds of audio editors and otherwise developers were involved in this
Fairly easy for it to slip through the cracks unfortunately
He could have vouched for the franchise to have at least ONE track dude. Just one.

Especially after removing it's AT in game for no reason, the only significant form of representation the series had in Smash. Now it has nothing but two spirits from minor characters of the franchise. That's an absolute disgrace for a franchise that's spanned 8 different Nintendo platforms and a dozen entries, not to mention the one that played a major role in FE's success in international markets.

I'm tempted to believe he has something against it, however true or untrue.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh... it's only pro-players, no super gifted children fights tonight.. . ok then, pro player will do :p

Iri do you know if Kameme and Abadango are participating in this one?
I think Aba should be here. No for Kameme from what I'm aware of. There still are children there, though. You just won't see as many.

I see the Iri nickname is catching on...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This time it had absolutely nothing to do with Agumon. It's just some guy on 4chan trying to pass off some Banjo Kazooie songs as datamine rips.

You guys are far too harsh on this kid.
a. He literally could have just said it was Banjo-related and avoid any sort of issue that resulted from "b".
b. How can we not be harsh to The Boy Who Cried Agumon at this point?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He could have vouched for the franchise to have at least ONE track dude. Just one.

Especially after removing it's AT in game for no reason, the only significant form of representation the series had in Smash. Now it has nothing but two spirits from minor characters of the franchise. That's an absolute disgrace for a franchise that's spanned 8 different Nintendo platforms and and a dozen entries, not to mention the one that played a major role in FE's success in international markets.

I'm tempted to believe he has something against it, however true or untrue.
Still, is it really right to blame Sakurai only for this? There's literally no reason he'd have anything against it. He's just an incredibly busy dude, and he can't remember "HEY...Advance Wars needs a track!"

We also haven't seen all the Spirits.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All of the non-Gladion Pokémon remixes, Mario remixes, and especially Fire Emblem and DK remixes have been top notch. Sad about no Punch-Out!! remixes or Divine Decree, but besides that I'm so happy. Now I'm just waiting for Trouble Brewing II to be posted.

Personal Highlights, in no particular order:
The Time to Act
Id Purpose
Destiny (Ablaze)
Prelude (Ablaze)
Advance!
Fire Emblem Main Theme
Kahuna Battle
Elite Four/vs Solgaleo and Lunala
Alola Title Defense Theme
Zinnia Battle Theme
Steven Battle Theme
Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld
Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld
King Bowser
Isle Delfino
Kass's Theme
Map Theme/Bonus Room Blitz
Gangplank Galleon
Snakey Chantey
Wood Man Theme
Metal Man Theme
Bloody Tears/Monster Dance
Vampire Killer
Wicked Child

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Came to read about music stuffs and I'm seeing people complain about complaining that probably isn't serious.....I guess I'll check elsewhere.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Didn't Intelligent Systems say that they stopped making Advance Wars games because they couldn't figure out how to implement relationships into the series like with Fire Emblem?
https://www.destructoid.com/advance...lationship-system-of-fire-emblem-438750.phtml
Sounds to me like they need more waifus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom