• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thoughts? Vergeben speaks up regarding Xenother.
Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
Feels bad, but it doesn't conflict with any current information I have. I've known Sora was unlikely for a good long while. Hopefully we get Terra, Bartz, or Neku. They'd all be cool in my opinion.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If I may ask, has Crunchii posted every single new remix or is he still looking through the files?
Looking through this playlist, my goodness, Ultimate is going to have a 10/10 soundtrack.
They really stepped up the quality of their remixes this time around.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, glad Vergeben finally said something.

It'll be interesting to see if he's right for DLC as well as the base game.

D

Deleted member

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Thoughts? Vergeben speaks up regarding Xenother.
View attachment 179415
**** IT **** ALL OF YOUR ARGUING **** THAT MUSIC ****

VERGE JUST CONFIRMED HE INDEED PMED XENOTHER AND BY IMPLICATION XENOTHER'S LEGIT

**** MY LIFE

EDIT THIS IS XENOTHER NO MORE QUESTIONS https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77228568

Xenother has claimed that Chun Li was cut because they couldn't think of a good moveset and then replaced with Ken.

This alone makes me doubt everything he has to say. He not only claims to know who was cut, but why, which is a giant red flag.

D

Deleted member

@Zinith @Mr. Wario

Yeah, my posts do read pretty terribly. Could've just said I wasn't a fan of the cut. If you guys are cool with it, that's great! It's suck a minor thing to get into stupid internet argument over. I only really have me to blame for centering the conversation around Yoshi anyway. Ironic, I'm sick of him being the topic of discussion, and it's me that brings it up. I do still have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, you guys can do as you wish. I just wanted to apologize, sense this outburst was completely uncalled for, and there's no point in being angry.
It's all good, friend. I didn't react in the best way either, ha ha. I got a little too hot headed.

All is well. :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Feels bad, but it doesn't conflict with any current information I have. I've known Sora was unlikely for a good long while. Hopefully we get Terra, Bartz, or Neku. They'd all be cool in my opinion.
Imo, with both Geno and Sora looking unlikely at the moment, I think this likely means that the Square character is probably from Dragon Quest...

D

Deleted member

B is being rude if I'm honest, IDK what happened then but it shouldn't be a permanent stain, just because he did whatever however long ago doesn't mean it should okay to treat him like this now. Even just from what I've seen lurking this thread for the past few days a lot of people are needlessly aggressive towards him.
Every time he shows up in a discussion, he steers the discussion to "Support Agumon!!!" regardless of what we were currently discussing. He's almost like the Sonichu guy/gal/whatchamacallit. He singlehandedly made Digimon uncool on SmashBoards.

And, we can likely get music updates outside of the Waves.

Untouch

Smash Master
Xenother saying that he knows people that have seen Steve is a massive red flag to me.
DLC has almost guaranteed not started development, especially back in September when Hitagi first said so ESPECIALLY in July when Vergeben first talked about Minecraft content.
That, along with a playtester that got everything right about Incineroar and Piranha Plant 2 months ago not saying anything about them...
I don't buy it.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I wish Vergeben would for once actually be specific.
Being overly specific when details you have are vague just increases your chance of being wrong or getting people's hopes up, especially if you're not 100% sure of the source.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m sorry guys. You can join the Sad Club occupied by us Isaac, Rex, Shadow, and Spring-Man fans if you want.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Xenother has claimed that Chun Li was cut because they couldn't think of a good moveset and then replaced with Ken.

This alone makes me doubt everything he has to say. He not only claims to know who was cut, but why, which is a giant red flag.
That's good cause to give him doubt, because how and why would he know that, let alone why would anyone think Ken wouldn't have gotten top billing considering his status as a Ryu clone from the beginning?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Big difference Pumpkaboo; ones a third party and the other is a first party that isn't given enough representation in game.

That being said I hope Layton gets a Spirit at least or something of that nature.
take it from a layton fan have low low low expectations. You very rarely get this sad or mad at people when you dont expect a lot
Hey, at least it means Steve is likely...
I really can't complain about that...
Though rip my Bandanna son
i can and will complain about Steve. I wont call you stupid for wanting him

but I sure as hell will complain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom