• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
tfw I just want to know if Shadow was at least considered for the roster or was just cast into AT Hell again with his Brawl buddies Lyn and Waluigi

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; trolling
Lmao at the people getting mad at Geno not being DLC. There are just so many better choices.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok, couple questions. Is this another stream with kids playing and how did the match with Ridley go since I missed that. @TotsBS

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Lmao at the people getting mad at Geno not being DLC. There are just so many better choices.
You know what you can **** right off instead of laughing at us

Imagine if one of your favorite characters had a glimmer of hope for getting in for literal YEARS only to get shutdown on a GameFAQ's thread

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I hope Xenohort or whatever is another Loz. No Banjo, or Geno, or Sora or even Bandanna Dee would suck.
It would suck, but I think it's much more likely than expected. I could easily see the SE rep being another FF character or Dragon Quest, and Steve is simply more likely than Banjo.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
we just got an article stating that Sakurai didn’t cut anyone in the project plan this time around
You know...
Didn't recent reports come out from the data mining, stating that someone was likely cut?
Exact Words are a thing.

They don't have to cut anyone this time, because DLC is a thing (there was no guarantee they'd do DLC for Smash 4).

I can totally see Sakurai saying "We didn't cut anyone in this game because the one character who had to be "cut" was instead held back for DLC..."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If we're getting a Square character that's not Sora or Geno, I'd at least like to see a Dragon Quest character alongside a Monster Hunter character for DLC.

I think a DQ character is unlikely to happen personally due to me sticking to my mindset of third-party guests being from worldwide popular franchises, but if it happened, I wouldn't mind personally since it's a majorly influential Japanese gaming franchise (at least in Japan), but it would definitely feel a bit weird.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm not even sad if Sora doesn't get it.

After all, there is tons of Square-Enix characters that are as good choice as him. Sure, he was my favorite. But they're all cool-

D

Deleted member

As much as I want Steve, and I'm not a big Geno guy...

I would be immensely happy for people if we got him. Even if I don't personally care much about him, a lot of others do, so I hope for their sake he makes it in! Plus, I see no reason to deconfirm anyone yet. It's good to take anything leakers say with a grain of salt, regardless of credibility.

D

Deleted member

You know...

Exact Words are a thing.

They don't have to cut anyone this time, because DLC is a thing (there was no guarantee they'd do DLC for Smash 4).

I can totally see Sakurai saying "We didn't cut anyone in this game because the one character who had to be "cut" was instead held back for DLC..."
And you know who fits the bill as a character that wasn't ready and is being released as DLC?

:ultpiranha:

Untouch

Smash Master
Chun-Li being cut because they can't think of a moveset is funny to me.
What, did they make all of her animations or something then think "ah **** we have nothing to apply these animations to, guess we gotta scrap the model"?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Again there is no way that Xenoother can be sure it’s not Sora or Geno.

He. Is. Assuming. At. Most.

And that’s that on that.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Didn't recent reports come out from the data mining, stating that someone was likely cut?
At the moment we don't know that that gap is actually caused by a cut character. It's certainly a reasonable conclusion, one I'd even say is likely, but there have been gaps for other reasons before. That's why we're even up to 92 in the first place. In any case, that gap can't be a third party character.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Look, I can care less whether or not Geno gets in; I have no attachment or want for the character whatsoever.

It doesn't give you the right to be happy about the sadness of Geno fans (if this turns out to be true).

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
What xenother is saying is concerning, but remember, the only thing giving him credibility is once again just Vergeben having a connection with him. Let's chill, we haven't even seen an official hint as to what we're getting yet.
Why are people concerned about this, is it Waddle Dee? Banjo and Geno are a pipe dream at this point and I would've thought that's been accepted. Still possible though.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Wait so does Sora have like no chance now, cause I asked Hitagi about his opinion on Sora and he just said he was unlikely, his answer wasn't definite. I still pray for my boy.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This just in!: Local Board for Smash Nerds Goes Crazy Over Leaks!...Again!
More news at 11!

In terms of the second SE rep, I'd like to bring up this statement from the Cloud interview:
but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs).
I'd be more than happy with Bartz or Terra as a second FF rep over Sora or Geno.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
You know what you can **** right off instead of laughing at us

Imagine if one of your favorite characters had a glimmer of hope for getting in for literal YEARS only to get shutdown on a GameFAQ's thread
I can't ever imagine being that emotional over a video game character.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Something new from the stream...

It seems that DLC was already set in motion prior to Sakurai’s tweet (November 6).

There’s a DLC shop and Add-on directory in the hex files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom