• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
There is no evidence of Monster Hunter having a cut character in the list of music tracks, so let's dispel with this rumor right here.

There is a blank spot in the fighter theme list.

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Right away we can rule Monster Hunter out as z92, because third parties are listed last. They have been since Brawl, and are still listed this way now. Snake and Sonic are last in the Brawl section, Pac Man and Mega Man are last in the Smash 4 section, and now Simon is last in the Ultimate section. Echoes do not have unique themes, hence the lack of Richter and Ken. Monster Hunter could conceivably be z97, but we'd have no way of knowing that. But he is not z92.

Now for the stage music.

Monster Hunter's two tracks are listed in between Metal Gear and Animal Crossing. This is the hoopla that's being spread around of it being in the "fighter section."

But there's a reason it's located there, and that's because the list is in alphabetical order.

All franchises are named with the same naming scheme. All songs from the same franchise are labeled first with a unique letter so that they're all grouped together. Mario is the first franchise, and is labeled with "a," like so:

a07_wld_title_ending.lopus

Donkey Kong is "b", Zelda is "c" and so on and so on. Animal Crossing is "n."

Third party franchises, meanwhile, are labeled differently. They're labeled based on their title. Castlevania, or Akumajou Dracula, is "AD." Bayonetta is "BY." Metal Gear is "MG."

And thus, Monster Hunter is "MH."

So in the ordered list, it goes MG, MH, N, or Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing.
Well, regardless, I still think Monster Hunter has a high chance of getting a character for DLC just because of how huge of a franchise it is and Rathalos already being a boss/Assist Trophy.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I’m on Crunchii’s actual channel and there is no Robocop theme. It was posted by a fake channel. Move along, folks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn, they caught me slippin. I kind of want the Robocop theme to be real, but it ain't.

BTW, since I mentioned the Terminator on SEGA CD, there's one track I'd like to mod in or something.

Tommy Tallarico's done some great work. Spider-Man PS1/64 is another OST he worked on I'd mod in too.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What if that cut character is Chorus Kids?

The only fate worse than being cut once is being cut twice.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I’m gonna cry this is so great. Robocop was a part of my childhood and, man this makes me so happy
I'm not gonna be the one to tell him, am I?

D

Deleted member

So here's the full Yoshi's New Island Remix...

I like it a lot! Yoshi music has always been some of the best Smash has had to offer over the years, so this is a welcome addition to the OST IMO. :)

D

Deleted member

Good to see the gloomy days are over, person who is totally Scott :dr^_^:
The original plan was to have the comeback when Geno would be revealed, but Snakey Chantey & Crocodile Cacophony ****ing sent my soul to another echelon, so uhhh I guess go with the flow lol

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm actually so happy FE4 FINALLY gets music in the game and it's the same song where Arvis just nukes Sigurd aka the best song in the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The original plan was to have the comeback when Geno would be revealed, but Snakey Chantey & Crocodile Cacophony ****ing sent my soul to another echelon, so uhhh I guess go with the flow lol
Snakey Chantey is some bonafide good **** I gotta say.
I dunno why every song related to K Rool is top tier but i'm not complaining.

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I thought this was the first step to getting Geralt
There's an honest debate to be made of whether Geralt is a video game or book character, but he wouldn't get in regardless.
Even though it would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom