• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have they found any music from Metal Gear Rising yet? Or did Sakurai shaft that game too? This is literally all I need to know
I don't think any was found. Sorry. We'll have to mod Rules of Nature back in like the good ol' days.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Right now I'm assuming people think Monster Hunter is in the "character section" because of the music list? I haven't seen anything else but I only just logged on for today. If there's another reason people think MH is in the "character section," send it my way, because the music list does not show that at all.
Right now, two things apparently popped up:

1) Apparently, someone had access to the character files, and there’s apparently a small listing that indicated that someone was cut in development (that data was first made before the Inklings, Simon, Ridley, Simon, and King K. Rool had data). However, that’s all surrounding this character, as the developers removed almost all data consisting of them.

2) Apparently Monster Hunter was listed in the fighter series in the music files.

A lot of people put two and two together and assumed that Monster Hunter was at one point planned to be playable but was cut later on and is now being moved to DLC.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘d

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure how likely it is, but maybe this rumored cut character is a DLC newcomer who was originally planned to be in the base game.

I doubt it's Piranha Plant, but who knows? I know nada about programming anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We also have Mysims stuff in.

BUT ****ING ROBO COP?!?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, its a fake.
I'm disappointed lmao

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That's a fake Crunchii account, good troll tho lmao

KMDP

Smash Legend
Right now I'm assuming people think Monster Hunter is in the "character section" because of the music list? I haven't seen anything else but I only just logged on for today. If there's another reason people think MH is in the "character section," send it my way, because the music list does not show that at all.
My assumption (pulled from basically nothing, natch) is that, assuming this cut character has to be a first party one, they were either a character who was too complicated to make in the time frame they had, another character was more complicated than they thought and one had to be cut or they realised they'd work better as DLC for some reason.

While I'd say the missing character is probably Piranha Plant, that doesn't make any sense; we know about Piranha Plant, there'd be no reason to scrub his data from the game.
Please be Isaac Please be Isaac Please be Isaac Please be Isaac Please be Isaac Please be Isaac Please be Isaac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom