• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
There is no evidence of Monster Hunter having a cut character in the list of music tracks, so let's dispel with this rumor right here.

There is a blank spot in the fighter theme list.

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Right away we can rule Monster Hunter out as z92, because third parties are listed last. They have been since Brawl, and are still listed this way now. Snake and Sonic are last in the Brawl section, Pac Man and Mega Man are last in the Smash 4 section, and now Simon is last in the Ultimate section. Echoes do not have unique themes, hence the lack of Richter and Ken. Monster Hunter could conceivably be z97, but we'd have no way of knowing that. But he is not z92.

Now for the stage music.

Monster Hunter's two tracks are listed in between Metal Gear and Animal Crossing. This is the hoopla that's being spread around of it being in the "fighter section."

But there's a reason it's located there, and that's because the list is in alphabetical order.

All franchises are named with the same naming scheme. All songs from the same franchise are labeled first with a unique letter so that they're all grouped together. Mario is the first franchise, and is labeled with "a," like so:

a07_wld_title_ending.lopus

Donkey Kong is "b", Zelda is "c" and so on and so on. Animal Crossing is "n."

Third party franchises, meanwhile, are labeled differently. They're labeled based on their title. Castlevania, or Akumajou Dracula, is "AD." Bayonetta is "BY." Metal Gear is "MG."

And thus, Monster Hunter is "MH."

So in the ordered list, it goes MG, MH, N, or Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing.
Huh, cool. Thanks for the info.

But where did z92 go?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ohhhhh crud my heart is racing. (With permission from Matthew) BITF is being dubbed! I’m a voice actor, so I’m really hoping I get accepted.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So, Monster Hunter is listed under the list of fighters, and there was someone who was cut.

And people are guessing that Monster Hunter was cut in the base game.

I do not know about that. It's weird to see Sakurai seriously consider Monster Hunter in 2015 when the franchise hadn't hit its global success peak until MH World in 2018. I am very conflicted on what this really means.

As for DLC, IDK. Could Sakurai return MH as DLC? Maybe, depending on the timeframe (I'm still thinking it was chosen in 2015-2016).

If MH returns, then it implies to me that we may primarily get cut unique fighters as DLC. That is helpful to the likes of Elma and Chorus Kids (maybe).

Interesting day.
You have my attention on Monster Hunter. If this is indeed a DLC, then I'll definitely be a happy soul. Honestly I don't see much of a downside on MH considering it being pretty decent for Capcom and Nintendo alike, not to mention the growing popularity, let alone the even greater popularity in JP as far as franchises go... at least I hope I'm right about that.

D

Deleted member

aaaaah I just got spoiled (completely my fault I clicked on a tagged post :p)

game's coming out in 2 weeks, I'ma stay off this thread until I finish WoL and 10.0 Classic intensity. See y'all later

JohnVyttal

Smash Rookie
Does someone knows which are the two Metroid Samus Returns musics that are in besides the Zeta Metroid battle theme?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ohhhhh crud my heart is racing. (With permission from Matthew) BITF is being dubbed! I’m a voice actor, so I’m really hoping I get accepted.
Well, let's root for you, in our hearts and on our backs!

Does someone knows which are the two Metroid Samus Returns musics that are in besides the Zeta Metroid battle theme?
Here you go.

I've heard three Samus Returns songs are in: Lower Norfair, Zeta Metroid Battle, and the Results. No new Prime songs which is a real shame cause there's a whole treasure trove of music in those games (no that Fed Force piece does not count).

D

Deleted member

HOLD ON TO YOUR NUTS, CAUSE I GOT ONE MORE DK REMIX FOR Y'ALL.

THE FABLED DONKEY KONG / DONKEY KONG JR. MEDLEY.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
There is no evidence of Monster Hunter having a cut character in the list of music tracks, so let's dispel with this rumor right here.

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Right away we can rule Monster Hunter out as z92, because third parties are listed last. They have been since Brawl, and are still listed this way now. Snake and Sonic are last in the Brawl section, Pac Man and Mega Man are last in the Smash 4 section, and now Simon is last in the Ultimate section. Echoes do not have unique themes, hence the lack of Richter and Ken. Monster Hunter could conceivably be z97, but we'd have no way of knowing that. But he is not z92.

Now for the stage music.

Monster Hunter's two tracks are listed in between Metal Gear and Animal Crossing. This is the hoopla that's being spread around of it being in the "fighter section."

But there's a reason it's located there, and that's because the list is in alphabetical order.

All franchises are named with the same naming scheme. All songs from the same franchise are labeled first with a unique letter so that they're all grouped together. Mario is the first franchise, and is labeled with "a," like so:

Third party franchises, meanwhile, are labeled differently. They're labeled based on their title. Castlevania, or Akumajou Dracula, is "AD." Bayonetta is "BY." Metal Gear is "MG."

So in the ordered list, it goes MG, MH, N, or Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing.
Looks like a first party character couldn't quite make it, like with the forbidden 7 in brawl and icies+RH rep in smash 4. This happens a lot in smash, so it's not that surprising, but it's nice to have something for us to speculate about. I wonder who this mystery character could be.

Also, now that there are two FEH tracks are in the game, I'm happy that gacha hell can haunt me even when I'm playing smash bros.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Now for the stage music.

Well done that’s a great exclamation

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So if I'm hearing this correctly:
Z92 is a first party character that wasn't an assist trophy and was planned early on, but cut for unknown reasons, likely to be put in as DLC later?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cut during development.

It has to be first party but who could it be?
Could be Pirahna Plant. Didn't they say they wanted the character finished earlier than what happened?

Either way, it was fun to talk about some Capcom stuff with you dudes.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Have they found any music from Metal Gear Rising yet? Or did Sakurai shaft that game too? This is literally all I need to know

D

Deleted member

I Am Octavio's been known about for a while. The question is if it's remixed or not. That's what I wanna know.
It's not, unfortunately, but that's okay; that song is already gold IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sorry what

Am I reading this correctly?

MOTHER****ING ROBOCOP?!?!?

JohnVyttal

Smash Rookie
Well, let's root for you, in our hearts and on our backs!

Here you go.
Thanks! Man, this is kinda disappointing, I was expecting Queen Metroid's battle theme instead of Zeta Metroid, after all, the Queen Metroid is the ""final boss"" of Samus Returns, it sucks. We could also have gotten DIggernaut's theme or the theme of SR388's surface. So, basically the tracks for every franchise I like is good, but the selection for Samus Returns' representation is very meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom