• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
BWD is a Spirit, IIRC.
Spirits have taken over the spot of what trophies were in previous games (plus additional functionality), with that in mind Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in Smash Wii U despite them being DLC later.

I'm not saying the leak is real at all but Spirits I really do not think disconfirm a character as potentially being DLC in the future.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Like Sheik..."
"Forward Air like Ike's and Up B like Marth/Lucina but otherwise completely unique"
0/10 on creative writing, the story contradicts itself
Can you at least give points for trying?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Dunno, didn't Sakurai said he made Cloud and Bayo easy to play for potential new players? Or am I just making stuff up?
I’d imagine Sakurai would want to represent the gameplay of Minecraft in Steve’s moveset, which would result in it being very unorthodox. But, on second thought, I’d imagine he’d want to include some more straightforward and easy to use moves in his moveset as well, yeah. Maybe they’d be more on the “easy to use, includes a lot of nuance if you’re good” side kinda like how it’s easy to drop PAC-MAN’s hydrant on people’s heads but there’s a lot of nuance in the kinds of angles you can launch it at.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Zeraora looks a little weird...

But that Impa though... she looks sick!
I really want that render to be real for Smash...

I need this, but I'm not going to say this is confirmed. I just hope Sakurai has acknowledged HW content, because I'll take Impa, the music, and whatever stage would go with her, although I couldn't decide the stage...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Where did you find this? I looked at the source, and couldn't find images or image links.
It's this artwork
441px-HW_Impa_Guardian_Naginata_Artwork.png

With a filter applied
:ultgreninja:'d by the image in okamifire's post loading correctly

Last edited:

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
I understand. I'm just tired of the wait. If a channel shows up with new Ultimate footage, even if it's in Japanese, I want to see it.
Under
I understand. I'm just tired of the wait. If a channel shows up with new Ultimate footage, even if it's in Japanese, I want to see it.
Understandable! The one's I've seen out in the void are mostly in Spanish. Which sucks for me cuz I wanna avoid them and I'm from Puerto Rico. Lol

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don’t know what to say about Rainbow Road...
Mostly because we have the Mario Kart 8 stage back in Ultimate, and i feel that it works similar to Rainbow Road (feel free to correct me, because it is always possible to be wrong).
Mario Circuit already had HD assets available, some of those Wii U stages were probably the easiest to port, it's the HD Melee and 3DS stages that were more difficult I'm assuming. And some of the Brawl stages that weren't in the Wii U version needed a lot of new assets made for them too, like Frigate Orpheon.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The Nintendo Live event in Kyoto should start tomorrow to the 24th, if you want footage. I also want to see Sakurai try out WoL, finally, but that would be saved for the end.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's this artwork
View attachment 179177
With a filter applied
:ultgreninja:'d by the image in okamifire's post loading correctly
and pokemon's trainer finger poking directly into her nose in a very hillarious way (plus smeared borders)

I wonder if this is the same guy of the "russia" leak... i mean.. last time he posted his fake leak i said that this wasn't 4chan :V

also funny about the russia leak is how he starts like he himself is the source, and then also keep talking about his "sources"

D

Deleted member

I

I actually liked The Last Jedi... I think it's better than the prequels.
At least that movie had stuff happening and supported the use of practical effects, costumes, puppets and even animatronics in modern movies.

Fant4stic was mostly about boring people talking in dark rooms, and the closest things to action scenes happened only two times: the first was the Thing knocking down Reed followed by the screen going black, and the other were four punches to Doctor Doom.

D

Deleted member

The Nintendo Live event in Kyoto should start tomorrow to the 24th, if you want footage. I also want to see Sakurai try out WoL, finally, but that would be saved for the end.
Oh right! I forgot about that! I hope I see some dope gameplay of :ultsnake:,:ultsimon:, and :ultincineroar:!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nothing is worse than those two.

Expect The Last Jedi. That movies trash with a captial T.
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

There is no conceivable reality wherein The Last Jedi is even comparable to Fant4stic and Dragonball Evolution.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nuh-uh. No. Nyet. **** no.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

There is no conceivable reality wherein The Last Jedi is even comparable to Fant4stic and Dragonball Evolution.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nuh-uh. No. Nyet. **** no.
Might not be as bad as those two, but The Last Jedi is the biggest dissapointment in cinema history. Almost as bad Attack of The Clones, and that movie SUCKED.

D

Deleted member

Might not be as bad as those two, but The Last Jedi is the biggest dissapointment in cinema history. Almost as bad Attack of The Clones, and that movie SUCKED.
The biggest dissapointments for me were Iron Man 3 and Origins Wolverine.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My own bias aside-- I liked The Last Jedi-- anyone who claims that is not old enough to really remember The Phantom Menace. That was THE most hyped movie of a generation and failed to meet expectations on so many levels. The Last Jedi was an expected sequel that took chances that fans didn't like.

D

Deleted member

My own bias aside-- I liked The Last Jedi-- anyone who claims that is not old enough to really remember The Phantom Menace. That was THE most hyped movie of a generation and failed to meet expectations on so many levels. The Last Jedi was an expected sequel that took chances that fans didn't like.
Like I said, the Prequels and Sequals have absolutely destroyed Star Wars's Legacy. It'll take years for it to rebuild itself.
I can think of bigger cinema disappointments
The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and every single DC movie aside from Wonder Woman are huge dissapointments to me.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I

I actually liked The Last Jedi... I think it's better than the prequels.
It tried something interesting in terms of its narrative and thematic subjects, at least compared to TFA, but it ultimately fell flat as a movie and retained many of the flaws that TFA had, for whatever reason. It ultimately comes down to the writing and the way in which the trilogy was conceived (or rather, was not properly conceived). I have a feeling that there was no true creative vision for these movies, and therefore the trilogy feels disjointed and directionless, and the characters feel more lifeless than even the poorly-acted original characters, because these new ones were ultimately ill-conceived and there are almost no meaningful interactions or story beats to inform the audience about who they are as people, where they come from, what they care about, what motivates them, etc.

Really the stupid plot holes and inaccuracies are dumb, but the real death knell for a space opera is when the characters are flat and lifeless imo, because then you have no reason to care about the narrative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom