• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That leak is faker than fake, without a doubt. I’m sorry, but characters from certain games absolutely kill leaks for me.

Sans is one of those.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That leak is faker than fake, without a doubt. I’m sorry, but characters from certain games absolutely kills leaks for me.

Sans is one of those.

Sans would be cool imo. :( but Frisk > Sans.
Yeah he does kill leaks tho

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What are your favorite alts in Ultimate so far?
:ultmario:: Builder (RIP Fire Mario)
:ultlink:: Champion, Hero of the Wild, Royal Guard, Dark Link (RIP better FD)
:ultpeach:: Gold
:ultdaisy:: Flamenco
:ultzelda:: Blue, Twilight Princess
:ultpichu:: Team Aqua FTW!
:ultyounglink:: Zora, Dark Link
:ultmewtwo:: Blue, Shadow
:ultpit:: Blond
:ultsnake:: Black, Green Camo
:ultike:: Swole, Black
:ulttoonlink:: Classic
:ultrobin:: Green
:ultridley:: Meta, Silver Meta, Not Charizard (RIP Black)

D

Deleted member

That leak is faker than fake, without a doubt. I’m sorry, but characters from certain games absolutely kills leaks for me.

Sans is one of those.

For a moment I misread that and thought you said “Characters from games absolutely kills leaks”.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So...any information on unlockable conditions yet? I would love to learn how to unlock Sonic and Cloud quickly. Based on a leaked screenshot of the game, it does appear that somebody had already completed Classic Mode with three different characters and had already unlocked characters like Sonic, Villager, Marth, and Shulk.
If it turns out you get randomized characters by completing Classic mode (Like if you've done Classic mode with all 8 of the original characters. You'd have 16 characters to choose from). I'd be just fine with that. I'd actually like Classic Mode be my main method of unlocking characters if possible.

Even if randomized would be a little annoying because it may take a little while to get the character you want most.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
What? Where?
not worth your time, believe me
Sans would be cool imo. :( but Frisk > Sans.
Yeah he does kill leaks tho
while i do agree that sans is a weird (and a little overrated) for undertale content, i don't tthink that undertale content Immediatiley kills a leak.
but is a moot point because that leak already killed itself or most likely was never alive.

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultmario:: Builder (RIP Fire Mario)
:ultlink:: Champion, Hero of the Wild, Royal Guard, Dark Link (RIP better FD)
:ultpeach:: Gold
:ultdaisy:: Flamenco
:ultzelda:: Blue, Twilight Princess
:ultpichu:: Team Aqua FTW!
:ultyounglink:: Zora, Dark Link
:ultmewtwo:: Blue, Shadow
:ultpit:: Blond
:ultsnake:: Black, Green Camo
:ultike:: Swole, Black
:ulttoonlink:: Classic
:ultrobin:: Green
:ultridley:: Meta, Silver Meta, Not Charizard (RIP Black)
:ultlink:: Champion Tunic, Dark Link, Hylian Hood (in coloration), Royal Guard, well, pretty much all of them.
:ultmetaknight:: Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Red, and the one with the red eyes (not sure what to name it)
:ultmewtwo:: Dark, Original
:ultgreninja:: Original, Red
:ultsonic:: Dark (now dark blue)
:ultincineroar:: Inverted (you know the one), and I guess just all now.
:ulttoonlink:: All
:ultyounglink:: Dark YL, Original, RedOr
:ultroy:: Original, Gold
:ultfox:: Red, Original, "Dark Fox"
:ultlucario:: Grey
:ultpit:: Red, Green, Original, Blond (not kidding)
:ultmegaman:: Red, Original, Light Blue
:ultsimon:: Red Hair (well, it's close to it)

I honestly have too many favorites to list.

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
If this is supposed to be a datamine leak, there's just no way Nintendo is falling for one of those again.

D

Deleted member

Also who’s crtrig supposed to be? I can’t think of an SE character with a name like that.

D

Deleted member

Steve earned the right to get his spot, don't make fun of him.

So it's you?
No.
And i don’t dare to say more in regards to that since i fear about giving too much clues.

Just know that it was a user here.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Real talk, I un-ironically like Sans as a character, but he doesn't fit as a playable character for the game. He's definitely Assist Trophy material though. Besides, why the hell would anyone want to play as him? There's more satisfaction to draw from him trolling everyone on a stage so everyone can collectively shake their fists at him while returning to the stage. Sure, we have the original troll character Duck Hunt Dog, but he's a companion character, not an all-powerful dodgy f*ck who's there to stop you from ending existence.

Not only that, but Sans doesn't deal knockback damage. In a game like Smash, all damage dealt by him would be akin to Fox's lasers if most of his moveset relied on poisoning you. At most, he can probably kill you with a "Blue attack" (grab), but heavily restricting his options would be severely unbalancing him.

Frisk just makes way more sense. I even devised a move set for them (and no, their pacifism shouldn't exclude them from Smash. We have pacifists as fighters on the roster. This ain't Game of Thrones):
Neutral B: Toy Knife, Worn Dagger, and Real Knife - A unique charge move that you can hold onto forever without it ever letting go. Release at the right line and you will strike in a 360 arc around you. If you hit with the Toy Knife, you only do 1% damage and a minor tic of knockback. If you hit with the Worn Dagger, you deal 15% damage and deal moderate knockback. If you hit with the Real Knife, you can potentially OHKO with its massive knockback, but landing it would be similar to Luigi's Super Jump Punch and Jigglypuff's Rest.

Side B: Empty Gun / Cowboy Hat - Frisk briefly takes out the cowboy hat with their free hand while pulling a gun out with the other. Doing a rapid shot deals 2% damage, charging it for a little longer deals 4%, charging it even further deals 6%, and going all the way up to six rounds deals 12%. You can have Frisk arc the shot downward instead, similar to Rob's laser. It will recoil and hit the air at a 90° angle. You can also hold the stick in the opposite direction of this move to shoot behind without looking.

Down B: ACT / MERCY - Frisk is able to pacify opponents should the difference in health be 100%. Like the Real Knife, it has the potential to remove a stock from an opponent, counting as a point for Frisk. If the opponent still has stocks left, they are automatically healed as if they came back from being knocked out. Frisk cannot spam MERCY until they lose a stock. They can, however, use ACT instead, which replaces MERCY'S functionality. During ACT, Frisk rotates between blowing a kiss which stuns an opponent if the heart lands, flexing so hard they great a windbox on both sides, and leaping at an enemy for a hug, followed by a directional grab of your choice.

Up B: Jetpack - The same cell phone Alphys gives Frisk gives them an the ability to dart upwards similarly to ROB. It has the unique function of allowing Frisk to fire bullets upward as they rise in the air, as a reference to their second encounter with Mettaton.

Side Smash: Undyne's Spear - In making Frisk somewhat of a counterpart to Ness, they are able to utilize a different character's weapon. This one is a reference to the game where Undyne has them point at an object with one of her spears. In Smash, Frisk can thrust the spear up, straight, or downward, covering a decent amount of distance ahead of them. Like Marth and Corrin, it has a tipper at the end.

Down Smash: Papyrus' "Special Attack" - Frisk summons Papyrus' giant bone and hops with the bone spinning below them rapidly, propelling them in the air from the wind generated by the bone.

Up Smash: Shooter Mode - Frisk aims upwards and does a vertical version of the Mii Gunner side smash, only aimed above. It deals the most damage up close, and the most knockback at the tip.

Dash: Pirouette / Grand Jeté - A running attack where Frisk pops out their worn tutu and ballet shoes to perform a graceful spin that ends with them leaping forward for a kick.

Just some ideas (taken from one of my gamefaqs posts).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom