• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good thing I think competitive Smash is bull****, so I don't care about how many stocks there are in a match :p.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
So my prediction (with a touch of Hopes) for the DLC atm is:
Dragon Quest Rep: Either Erdrick, the Luminary from the upcoming 11 or maybe, someone who actually knows anything about DQ should tell me if this makes any sense, Erdrick with the Luminary as an echo? Or just slime
Steve: yeah, it just makes hella sense and could be really fun. Sakurai obviously likes minecraft a lot, if you ever saw his blog about it.
Outer: This would release about the time Daemon X Machina releases. The Smash team would have to just work with Marvelous before the game’s release and it would obviously hype people up for the game more. And I think the size is an actual problem with Outer’s Arsenal (the Mech), it’s Like 2 ridleys, at any moment in DxM you can get out of the Arsenal fight on Foot, the Arsenal would be the FS. The Outer has hella moveset potential and I’m working on a potential moveset for them rn.
Gen 8 Pokemon: I know, I know, we already have Incineroar (and I’m very thankful for him), but the Pokemon Company needs some of that sweet, sweet promotion and hype. And if some of the patterns will work, this Gen 8 rep could be a Feminine looking Grass starter, so I think it would count as Female representation and it would complete the second Starter trio (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle and now Gen 8 rep, Incineroar, Greninja).
Doomguy: NOW THIS WOULD BE AWESOME. With Doom Eternal’s release on Switch and Doom being a pretty classic franchise that’s now its new prime, this is a great choice. The team up of Outer and Doomguy would be excellent too.
Bandana Waddle Dee: Completing the Kirby 4 main characters with the final Fighter in Smash Ultimate seems like something Sakurai would do with his Kirby Bias and has all the right to do, even tho Nintendo chose the characters, they could chose Bandana based on the ballot and also what character Sakurai would enjoy working for, remember that Nintendo isn’t a heartless Company.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Hitagi’s been backpedaling on pretty much all of their claims, so I guess it’s safe to assume at the very least that one, Spirits don’t deconfirm; second, we are most likely not getting Steve or Katalina.

Anything else major I miss? I don’t check this thread much anymore since I’m busy with work and other things.

D

Deleted member

I thought tournament rules were 4-stock. Or was that for Melee? I'm used to Project M/Legacy XP.
I believe Smash 4 ended on 3 stock tourneys. Brawl probably stayed around 2 or something I stopped watching that very early.
It was only Melee that stayed with 4 stock because of how early you kill there.

As for Ultimate, it doesn't kill as easily as Melee and probably never will. I expect the tourneys to be at 3 stock at most.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Where are all these Spirit Battles coming from anyways?
A lot of people are uploading content to YouTube. They showcased the game to quite a lot people and they all have (mostly) different footage.

D

Deleted member

So Hitagi’s been backpedaling on pretty much all of their claims, so I guess it’s safe to assume at the very least that one, Spirits don’t deconfirm; second, we are most likely not getting Steve or Katalina.

Anything else major I miss? I don’t check this thread much anymore since I’m busy with work and other things.
I still think we're getting Steve. Verg said we're getting Minecraft content with DLC, so to me, I think Steve still has a decent shot.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I honestly would love stage DLC over the life of Ultimate, even if it comes with no characters.
Stages are easier to implement, since they don't require any balancing, and it would add something new every so often.
Maybe even allow for promotional tie-ins (Three Houses stage?)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think we're getting Steve. Verg said we're getting Minecraft content with DLC, so to me, I think Steve still has a decent shot.
When did he say “with DLC”, has that been something new? Last time I remember he said anything about Minecraft content it was pre-E3.

D

Deleted member

I find Crash Bandicoot as part of the pass a bit, a small and tiny bit likely.
It isn’t guaranteed, but he has that bit of a chance.

Doomguy is fine too, but he also returned to Nintendo system on the Switch like Crash, so maybe he could have the problem of time too.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Unsure about Spirits, but Hitagi has not backpedaled on Steve, only Katalina, staying he jumped the gun. From my understanding, Hitagi just couldn’t confirm who the leaked characters were due to a bunch of red herrings.

We can assume Katalina is unlikely, but not Steve, as Hitagi is 100% sure in him and Verge’s Minecraft content statement. Whether that content turns out to be Steve or a spirit, remains to be seen..

D

Deleted member

Hey man, I'm just saying. Regardless of what you think of it, Minecraft is a big deal in gaming. I wouldn't be suprised if it actually happened.
If Steve gets in, i will be completely dissapointment if he doesn’t come with a stage, and i won’t pick his pack.

I only want Minecraft content to get a stage.

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
The game is OUT IN THE OPEN. Be wary of potential spoilers. If you want to remain WoL/Classic/Mode spoiler-free I'd refrain from Smash related sites/threads/clickbaityYTchannels/etc. Stay safe! Keep on smashing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Can't read the text but this is a 100% good stage list, it has a lot of variety and allows for stages that are similar for more diversoty such as BF forms and DL

It's always been agreed Ultimate would be 3 stock though

Halberd only has in the initial portion, Unova only has with Hazards On.
Dreamland is in as a BF Echo, which I assume shares the elimination slot of BF but either can be chosen if "Battlefield" is being chosen.
Okay, I'll type the text for reading purposes:

1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selection.

2. Players play of best of 1 game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between whether they would like to stage strike first or second.

3. Players take turns removing stages from the starter stage list, based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes two stages from the list, the second player removes three stages from the list, and the first player chooses between the two remaining stages.

4. The players play the first match of the set.

5. The losing player of the preceding match picks five stages from the list of stages. The losing player of the preceding match may not select a stage they already won on during the set, unless agreed on by both players. The losing player of the preceding match may substitute the original version of a stage for a legal echo stage during this process. You may only substitute a single stage during this step (for example, instead of adding Battlefield to your list, you can choose to add Dreamland instead.)

6. The winning player of the preceding match may ban three of the stages from the losing player's selection.

7. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage from the remaining two stages for the next match.

8. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

9. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

10. The next match is played.

--Repeat steps 4 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.--

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Steve gets in, i will be completely dissapointment if he doesn’t come with a stage, and i won’t pick his pack.

I want an Indie PACK, with Gunvolt, a Minecraft stage, and assorted indie songs.

D

Deleted member

The game is OUT IN THE OPEN. Be wary of potential spoilers. If you want to remain WoL/Classic/Mode spoiler-free I'd refrain from Smash related sites/threads/clickbaityYTchannels/etc. Stay safe! Keep on smashing.
Screw it. Gimme the footage!
I want an Indie PACK, with Gunvolt, a Minecraft stage, and assorted indie songs.
I don't think Indies have a shot in Smash outside of Assists.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

It’s safe to assume that would happen, as Sakurai stated as so.

Didn't he say Minecraft was DLC content? Or am I misrembering?

I don't think Steve is that bad of an idea to be honest.
Verge is confident that there is MC content. He thinks it’s a possibility it is DLC, esp when you combine with Hitagi’s statement.

And I agree. Steve would be cool.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't see what people have against Minecraft, it's an incredibly popular game that rightfully deserves a place alongside other famous Third-Party franchises already in Smash.
I just don't want my Online 1-on-1 no items matches to be spoiled by button-mashing 8-year-olds playing as Steve.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly would love stage DLC over the life of Ultimate, even if it comes with no characters.
Stages are easier to implement, since they don't require any balancing, and it would add something new every so often.
Maybe even allow for promotional tie-ins (Three Houses stage?)
Adding stages is not that easy though. Remember that one which took a year to make? I think there's a reason they limit themselves with 5.

Please no
Just make it a stage
Don't worry, he'll come with a Banjo-Kazooie stage. Win win.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Didn't he say Minecraft was DLC content? Or am I misrembering?

I don't think Steve is that bad of an idea to be honest.
I don’t think Verge has said anything about Minecraft since E3, so I guess...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all :)

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
Screw it. Gimme the footage!

I don't think Indies have a shot in Smash outside of Assists.
I know the feeling, but I'm putting this warning out there so people that wish to remain spoiler free up until launch may do so. It's gon' be hard tho. OwO''''

D

Deleted member

Adding stages is not that easy though. Remember that one which took a year to make? I think there's a reason they limit themselves with 5.

Don't worry, he'll come with a Banjo-Kazooie stage. Win win.
I would be mad because i only want a stage from Minecraft.
I would accept Steve just for the stage, so if he gets in without a Minecraft stage, i will pass.

D

Deleted member

I know the feeling, but I'm putting this warning out there so people that wish to remain spoiler free up until launch may do so. It's gon' be hard tho. OwO''''
I understand. I'm just tired of the wait. If a channel shows up with new Ultimate footage, even if it's in Japanese, I want to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom