• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We’ve already had this cringe planned, only Sonic was included
Sonic fans are generally pretty chill in Smash context. I never saw them attacking to other characters or making conspiracy theories about Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Sonic fans are generally pretty chill in Smash context. I never saw them attacking to other characters or making conspiracy theories about Sakurai.
He was talking about my Furries vs Weeaboos thing

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I want hype from the trailers... :(
Ohh! this totally escaped me. I don't know why I thought DLCs won't get trailers :p Well, trailers are awesome regardless. I mean Simon's trailer was great even when we knew. The least, or the most obvious was Isabelle unfortunately. I see, I feel ya, I get what you're saying. But I really don't want to spend another year speculating, going through leaks, arguing and all that headache. Won't you take that for a trailer?
Exactly. Knowing everything about the game before it comes out will help put my mind at ease
Definitely. I'm tired of it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just saw the Tron Bonne Spirit battle.

Sakurai. I love you.

Wendy as the fill-in? Tiny little R.O.B.S. for the Servbots?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well, I respect anyone who wants her as a unique character but I really don't want to wait until the next Smash and then get Klaptrap or something.

If she's in as an echo (which is nigh impossible), I'll just be delightful.
Well I'll won't argue about this situation but I just feel that would undersell her abilities with her ponytail(I also fear how much of a base breaking issue considering how broken up her support thread was about the echo treatment possibility) also I'm not sure if there will be any echoes for dlc cause I believe they were made to make up for the small amount of newcomers in Ultimate but who knows what else might come our way.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Simon was conceptualized as a generic Hollywood Horror Movie main actor. That was the whole gimmick of the original Castlevania in fact.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Olimar and King Dedede are getting amiibo reprints in the US

Corrin (1P & 2P), Luigi and Zero Suit Samus aren't. But I'm sure something will update soon.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

I'm very happy that Snake is back. Was hoping he'd return for Smash Wii U / 3DS but it sadly never happened. Oh well, at least he's back now! He'll be one of the characters I play the most out of the cast.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Snake was great, but honestly? For me he was the least hype of the returning characters. He held no nostalgia whatsoever for me. But it was still exciting!

Also... just curious: How was it decided that you would be the one to start this thread?

D

Deleted member

I would quote the answer I made to this question before E3, but that was before I played Brawl. Now Snake is one of my favourite characters, to the point of being my Secondary in Brawl, so I'm expecting him to be among my most used characters in Ultimate.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Browsing Reddit again, and I found a stagelist and procedure list for Ultimate from Ottawa, Canada. What do you all think?

D

Deleted member

Browsing Reddit again, and I found a stagelist and procedure list for Ultimate from Ottawa, Canada. What do you all think?

Echo stages... :glare: really?
Also, they're changing the rules to 3 stock? Hmm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that's not the same! Look at PIT in that cartoon!
Don’t worry that isn’t Pit...that was his father Kid Icarus trying to gain fame by playing his son on the show
Look at his eyebrows and you'll understand.
That voice....you never see hot ryu?
8159F71F-EE1A-4468-8980-370BC8D70893.gif

Likely the most amount of stages in competitive Smash history

osby

Smash Obsessed

It's too small to read but don't Unova Pokemon League and Halbert have walk-offs?

And why Lylat Cruise is a starter stage?

EDIT: And no Dreamland? This list is kinda weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom