• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Says who? chum.
I'm considering it reliable, my choice.
Nope.
considering it reliable is akin to considering me a reliable leaker for smash bros.

this is the same website that said bayonetta and toon link was the #1 smash bros ship, and that's wrong on a lot of levels.

this is one of those cases where the reliability of something is more objective than subjective, and that is objectively unreliable. there's no way around it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed
Also can whoever pranked me tell me who they are? I want to thank them
I am crossing fingers to not get pranked again after i am free tomorrow.

Even staying one month without getting pranked could make me feel better in general.

NineS

Smash Lord
How many times do I have to tell you guys

Spirits do not deconfirm characters mewtwo and Lucas still got in as dlc despite their trophies in smash 4
well to be fair, that's subjective at this point.
i was on your side of the argument before, but after hearing some of the better arguments on the opposing side, i'm sitting in the middle.

D

Deleted member

How many times do I have to tell you guys

Spirits do not deconfirm characters mewtwo and Lucas still got in as dlc despite their trophies in smash 4
I take everything possible.
Maybe Spirits deconfirm characters, and maybe they don’t.
I just consider both possibilities and wait to see what is right in the end.

Anything could happen with this game, so an open mind is important.

D

Deleted member

"Mikey, go Mikey! Let's do the karaoke."
I want a new cover of the Mona Pizza theme.

Dude you literally talk about littlest pet shop and how you find the main char sexy all the time

Does pranking even do anything besides turn your name pink
I fear that people don’t take pranked people on a serious manner.
I hope that i am wrong, but i prefer to not be pranked just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
"Mikey, go Mikey! Let's do the karaoke."
'Gettin' fit and funky, is that your desire?
Get down and boogie till you catch fire!
Dancing shakes the soul and makes you feel alive!
Shapes up your body, high five!
'

With WarioWare potentially being a legal stage, I really hope we can hear this in tournaments one day

D

Deleted member

'

With WarioWare potentially being a legal stage, I really hope we can hear this in tournaments one day
The song collided in my mind with Guardians’ Inferno, and i am reading it with David Hasselhoff’s voice now.

D

Deleted member

Someone should hire voiceover pete to list off all the Smash Ultimate characters tbh

D

Deleted member

'

WAIT.

Is Body Rock confirmed to be on Wario Ware?

Also, happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well to be fair, that's subjective at this point.
i was on your side of the argument before, but after hearing some of the better arguments on the opposing side, i'm sitting in the middle.
Well it’s the same basic concept

And I just realized how this can be pulled off

It’s just images online yes?

If a character has multiple renders of images available there you go King K rool has lots of official different renders if he was a spirit and not playable

For Mach riders case the render there could be his spirit render

But his/her fighter spirit could be this

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Mach_Rider_(character)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that it costs $1000 to buy the Pranked status for yourself is ****ing genius.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
considering it reliable is akin to considering me a reliable leaker for smash bros.

this is the same website that said bayonetta and toon link was the #1 smash bros ship, and that's wrong on a lot of levels.

this is one of those cases where the reliability of something is more objective than subjective, and that is objectively unreliable. there's no way around it.
What part of "My choice" was hard to undersatnd?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only reason I don’t like lifelight is because the lyrics are so... blunt. They’re literally just describing the story of WoL, to the point where I just started laughing at the song when I first heard it.
I'm still waiting for someone to translate its original lyrics.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
WAIT.

Is Body Rock confirmed to be on Wario Ware?

Also, happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :)
Unfortunately not yet: I really hope it is but I doubt we'll know until release as we're probably not getting any WarioWare remixes on the blog over the coming few weeks.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I just can't see the idea of Spirits "deconfirming" future DLC characters.

Like, why? Why would they shut down relatively big names like Rayman because of a Spirit? Or future possible promotion DLC like Elma?

I mean, I don't even believe Assist Trophies can shut down characters.
Why would they ignore Waluigi, Lyn and Isaac when it can make them decent money and please big, vocal fanbases? IntSys/Nintendo love that Lyn money, Waluigi is so popular companies like Netflix were tweeting about his AT status. They'd be stupid not to at least consider them as possible DLC.
Chrom can be a character, FS and Mii costume, so why can't those still function like ATs while being DLC?

It's okay not to expect Spirit/AT characters, but outright shutting them down isn't a good idea imo.

D

Deleted member

I may make a Fool’s Day thread here on December 28th.

Yes, we celebrate Fool’s Day on December, so i should say it here to prevent problems that day.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
So What do we know about this supposed ”Nintendo swordsman”? It’s from Hitagi, right? What did they say exactly say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom