• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ultimate is kind of doing away with kill confirms so I wouldn't dwell on it much.

Bowser, Robin, DK, Game and watch, Rob...all of them lost kill confirms. I can't think of anyone who got to keep one.

Fortunately, everyone listed got buffed a decent amount in compensation for less simplistic gameplay ...Except Bowser, rip in good tier.
Well then...

I hope my boi's buffed in the right places then. Reduced landing lag on his aerials can only do so much...

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Well then...

I hope my boi's buffed in the right places then. Reduced landing lag on his aerials can only do so much...
Who knows?
Maybe in one of the patches, Yoshi might become S tier.

only to be nerfed back to good or slightly above good the next patch/update.
because i honestly doubt we're keeping whatever "S-Tier" character we get at that tier for long. sakurai doesn't want another bayonetta.

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Well then...

Yoshi has always had an incredibly solid ground kit, so the new dash changes should help you a lot. Edge play in ultimate is also a hot topic, and I can imaging Yoshi’s dair would be great in covering the 2-frame ledge punish. The main problem Yoshi mains face is recovery, right? The fact that Yoshi now has both the elevated egg throw and directional air dodge at his disposal improves his recovery options as well.

Polan

Smash Lord
I'm actually eager to see who Nintendo chose. I have a feeling we'll be suprised with who they went with, but maybe that's because insiders have somehow convinced us that most (if not all) DLC characters will be third-party additions who Nintendo will have to negotiate and pay for. :dizzy:
i mean who's left? some of the more prominent choices are ATs or Mii costumes. we got people who fervently believe that spirits are an instakill so by their logic those are gone too. and i'm pretty sure that every nintendo character with some sort of official art will be a spirit, so if that theory pans out that's a lot more candidates down the drain. upcoming games? what characters can you realistically pull from luigi's mansion, metroid prime 4 and animal crossing that are actually pausible to include and aren't spirits? not that many. FE, Pokemon and new IPs that aren't represented in smash are some of the last viable first party choices but after seeing so many obvious choices get deconfirmed it's not like those are guaranteed to appear. so yeah a heavy third party lineup is very likely assuming spirits are deconfirms. plus they will probably sell way better than most of the stuuf people support here so there's that incentive for nintendo as well.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
i mean who's left? some of the more prominent choices are ATs or Mii costumes. we got people who fervently believe that spirits are an instakill so by their logic those are gone too. and i'm pretty sure that every nintendo character with some sort of official art will be a spirit, so if that theory pans out that's a lot more candidates down the drain. upcoming games? what characters can you realistically pull from luigi's mansion, metroid prime 4 and animal crossing that are actually pausible to include and aren't spirits? not that many. FE, Pokemon and new IPs that aren't represented in smash are some of the last viable first party choices but after seeing so many obvious choices get deconfirmed it's not like those are guaranteed to appear. so yeah a heavy third party lineup is very likely assuming spirits are deconfirms. plus they will probably sell way better than most of the stuuf people support here so there's that incentive for nintendo as well.
Ahem.
1526786366386.gif

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
i mean who's left? some of the more prominent choices are ATs or Mii costumes. we got people who fervently believe that spirits are an instakill so by their logic those are gone too. and i'm pretty sure that every nintendo character with some sort of official art will be a spirit, so if that theory pans out that's a lot more candidates down the drain. upcoming games? what characters can you realistically pull from luigi's mansion, metroid prime 4 and animal crossing that are actually pausible to include and aren't spirits? not that many. FE, Pokemon and new IPs that aren't represented in smash are some of the last viable first party choices but after seeing so many obvious choices get deconfirmed it's not like those are guaranteed to appear. so yeah a heavy third party lineup is very likely assuming spirits are deconfirms.
The only reason people are assuming third-parties will consume most of the DLC is because (1) Steve and a SE rep are the two most prominent characters mentioned by insiders, and (2) a lot of popular first-party characters are Spirits. Neither of those directly indicate that we're mainly getting third-parties.

It's WAY too soon to assume anything, especially since we haven't even seen who the first character is.

plus they will probably sell way better than most of the stuuf people support here so there's that incentive for nintendo as well.
You do realize that Nintendo has to pay for these characters, right? Even if the third-parties really did sell better than first-parties, the money Nintendo would have to pay would likely make up the difference.

Unless it's being used as a stepping stone for future collaborations, the third-party company benefits the most from getting their character in Smash, not Nintendo.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I swear, Waluigi has replaced Ridley as that one meme character who everyone makes fun of because he's not in Smash.
That's because purple is a cursed color

As soon as Waluigi joins the roster we'll have Big the Cat as the new relevant meme

C.A.N. H.A.R.D.L.Y. W.A.I.T.

NineS

Smash Lord
That's because purple is a cursed color

As soon as Waluigi joins the roster we'll have Big the Cat as the new relevant meme

C.A.N. H.A.R.D.L.Y. W.A.I.T.
What are you talking about?
Big the Cat is already in.

So you know what?

EVERYBODY! COME ON! LET'S GET EGGPLANT WIZARD IN SMASH!

Kid Icarus' perfect next rep! Let's get him in!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Nope, better. It's not a very good cosplay and it doesn't have anything to do with audio. It's poor presentation (even without that unsightly frame).
It's hardly a cosplay to be honest

The guy always dresses up as characters related to the subject

Which in this case.. Waluigi kinda fits if you stretch it, I guess?

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Nope, better. It's not a very good cosplay and it doesn't have anything to do with audio. It's poor presentation (even without that unsightly frame).
Dude dresses up for all of his acapella cover videos. You also can not say Waluigi has nothing to do with the game if he's literally in the game as an assist you can summon.

I thought it added to the video as opposed to a guy just sitting there dressed in a t-shirt.

Read my post again if you’re that confused by what I said.
The only thing I was confused by was your need to call him an idiot for cosplaying.

Untouch

Smash Master
tfw the game has actually leaked and not even the leaker is showing us how squad strike actually works

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
tfw the game has actually leaked and not even the leaker is showing us how squad strike actually works
I keep hearing this but can't find it, actually why I came online. Where is this?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dude dresses up for all of his acapella cover videos. You also can not say Waluigi has nothing to do with the game if he's literally in the game as an assist you can summon.

I thought it added to the video as opposed to a guy just sitting there dressed in a t-shirt.

The only thing I was confused by was your need to call him an idiot for cosplaying.
I called Waluigi an idiot.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Y'know, we could always appreciate how good the song is instead of critiquing his costume. The man's just trying to get a few laughs for dressing up, and I doubt he wanted anyone to take him seriously.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know, we could always appreciate how good the song is instead of critiquing his costume. The man's just trying to get a few laughs for dressing up, and I doubt he wanted anyone to take him seriously.
Isn’t Lifelight the version of the main theme with vocals? There’s nothing on earth that could make that version good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom