• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What are you talking about?
Big the Cat is already in.
I still can't believe Big The Cat got in before Shadow or Tails.

Not that it bother me, in contrary, I welcome our glorious big purple lord.

D

Deleted member

Lucario as an early unlock potentially?
I can’t believe it but guys I think I love Ultimate even more now how is this possible
And then it turns out unlocks are randomized and this is just an illusion.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
No you need some good taste. That song is bad.
I think the level of enjoyment you find from this song is directly proportional to your cringe tolerance. I was raised on bad 90s anime openings and Disney, so in a typical fashion, I eat this stuff up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lifelight is cheesy as all hell, like a good chunk of 90' Anime OP are.

But it's like, the good kind of cheese, not like say, "getting laddered combo by Bayo in Smash 4" kind of cheese, but the one that "make you feel good and go on a big adventure with your favourites characters" kind of cheese, if you get what i'm sayin', that's why I love this song so much. (tho I admit it's not for everyone)

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to dream about that Pizza I'm going to get tonight, because talking about cheese this much make me hungry now.

Cheese.

Untouch

Smash Master
Knowing that a copy is out in the wild and we aren't going to get major info from the leaker is going to make the wait 80x worse.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's agony having to wait two weeks, but I didn't want WoL or Classic spoiled and I'm even staying away from a lot of Spirit videos just to be surprised so I actually appreciate the person's consideration.

D

Deleted member

Last night, I thought about a potential fighting mode using mechanics from the original Super Smash Bros. for some of the Assist Trophies that could be released late in 2019 or 2020. I looked at the 59 ATs and noticed that 25 of them (at most) had potential to be retrofit into possible fighters using SSB mechanics, meaning only three specials, no Final Smashes, and limiting the moveset potentials to ease strain considering the abilities they have are mostly in place. Here is my list:

*Akira
*Alucard
*Gray Fox
*Waluigi
*Bomberman
*Knuckles
*Krystal
*Black Knight
*Isaac
*Lyn
*Shovel Knight
*Midna
*Guile
*Zero
*Dillon
*Sable Prince
*Takamaru
*Sukapon
*Phosphora
*Shadow
*Ashley
*Ghirahim
*Rodin
*Samurai Goroh
*Spring Man

Unfortunately, after debating, I didn't find Skull Kid in his current state plausible for fighting shape in this mode, so I left him out, and same with Tiki, as her AT is limited to transforming into a dragon, which would constitute as a Final Smash. The other 33 range from inanimate objects (Flies and Hand) to passive (Nintendog) to massive (Rathalos and Moon).

Is this without flaw? Absolutely not. I mean, these characters would be limited to fighting each other and people would rather they fight against Mario and company, so people would feel cheated, but at the same time, I just don't feel like we will see ATs being promoted to playable as DLC and this may be what we will end up getting.

It would be funny, however, if this was established as this is what ATs do during downtime and was how they became more aggressive over the course of a decade.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Good to see this potential leaker has some self-control.

... but are they not leaking out of restraint or because every second spent posting stuff online is a second not spent playing Ultimate?

Or maybe they just have a good relationship with Nintendo and don't want to burn any bridges, IDK

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This leaker guy needs to leak out every single Palutena’s Guidance conversation cause I want those all out in the open

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lifelight is cheesy as all hell, like a good chunk of 90' Anime OP are.

But it's like, the good kind of cheese, not like say, "getting laddered combo by Bayo in Smash 4" kind of cheese, but the one that "make you feel good and go on a big adventure with your favourites characters" kind of cheese, if you get what i'm sayin', that's why I love this song so much. (tho I admit it's not for everyone)

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to dream about that Pizza I'm going to get tonight, because talking about cheese this much make me hungry now.

Cheese.
Premium Mature Cheddar.

D

Deleted member

Where can I find this leak info specifically because I is two lazee two look?

NineS

Smash Lord
...But that is my opinion? I don't understand...
Psh, don't you get it?
Opinions are totally objective now.

For example, if you think this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J8akT3ndo is anything but perfection
You are totally 100% objectively incorrect or something.
I don't know.

I usually have terrible opinions anyway.
Uh. 2B for Smash or something.

D

Deleted member

The only reason I don’t like lifelight is because the lyrics are so... blunt. They’re literally just describing the story of WoL, to the point where I just started laughing at the song when I first heard it.

D

Deleted member

The only reason I don’t like lifelight is because the lyrics are so... blunt. They’re literally just describing the story of WoL, to the point where I just started laughing at the song when I first heard it.
I personally love the lyrics
but I won't force it on you

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I don't think it's bad as well, eh to me. I like Brawl's better. (even if I hate the main menu music )

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Cheese can be good. Jump Up, Super Star! may be cheesy but it's too fun to dislike and made the Odyssey trailer at last year's E3 so memorable. Glad that it's in Smash.

Am also hoping that some of the missing songs - again, dangerously cheesy - from WarioWare make their appearance in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I started playing Doom 2016 again these past days.
The game plays great, and it has a lot of energy on the visual and musical side.

But i feel like stages similar to the ones in Doom Eternal (at least the ones we know about) fit better with this style.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think Lifelight is a beautiful song, despite what negatives people may think it has. I like the singing, and in my opinion, the lyrics are good, too.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It was you who referred to that site for "facts" even though a site like that is highly unreliable, mate.
Says who? chum.
to be fair
i don't even know what the original subject was
just something to do with pokemon being the top or not the top

but i think it does matter that you should use reliable sources for information, especially in debates/conversations/etc. and if you realize that your source was unreliable or incorrect, or out of date, that you should correct yourself on it.
and when weighing two sources, one that is universally known to have more credibility than the other (example, a random 4chan leaker vs. vergeben or sakurai himself)

and i do know that you used said site (thegamer) for evidence, and against wikipedia, despite one being far more credible than the one you used, and the one you used having shaky evidence and potentially out of date information (as the article was made on Mar 25, 2017), contradicting other information known from multiple official and far more reliable sources.
I'm considering it reliable, my choice.
...I mean, if you were using it for your argument it kind of is. The article is uninformative and doesn't source any of its data.
Nope.

D

Deleted member

I think Lifelight is a beautiful song, despite what negatives people may think it has. I like the singing, and in my opinion, the lyrics are good, too.
Agreed
Also can whoever pranked me tell me who they are? I want to thank them

D

Deleted member

Venom in the comics can act or sound cheesy in some of them.
I like the cheese that he has, but i’m not sure if most people find it as good cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom