• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Wait.

Do we know if amiibo unlock characters like an old rumor stated? I can't find anything new about that, and I'd love it if it did unlock them.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I like how you can surf around on Lapras. And it makes me wonder if some parts of the map are specifically built around playable series, like how a different part of the map is a racetrack and you drive around in a F-Zero machine, fighting F-Zero spirits.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I just can't see the idea of Spirits "deconfirming" future DLC characters.

Like, why? Why would they shut down relatively big names like Rayman because of a Spirit? Or future possible promotion DLC like Elma?

I mean, I don't even believe Assist Trophies can shut down characters.
Why would they ignore Waluigi, Lyn and Isaac when it can make them decent money and please big, vocal fanbases? IntSys/Nintendo love that Lyn money, Waluigi is so popular companies like Netflix were tweeting about his AT status. They'd be stupid not to at least consider them as possible DLC.
Chrom can be a character, FS and Mii costume, so why can't those still function like ATs while being DLC?

It's okay not to expect Spirit/AT characters, but outright shutting them down isn't a good idea imo.
They wouldn't outright confirm it themselves either way; but I'm of the personal persuasion that the DLC wouldn't be anybody featured in the game in any capacity already.

Also Elma wouldn't be promoting a thing.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Same game, but on a new system after the other systems.

Skyrim on Switch is a port.
Ultimate is a new game so it isn’t a port.
Yey people are calling it an port even that we got the old classic mode, removed the old modes

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't Hitagi say that most of the rumored DLC characters that he heard of aside from Steve, were red herrings?
Steve is the only confirmed Characters for him.
SE Character exist but finding it's identity is like having to break inside of a bank. Impossible, so he say we're still in step 1 for that.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so to be caught up to speed:
Hitagi had some False info. She was fooled by red herrings of Katalina and a Nintendo Swordsman.
Steve is still in.
Is that everything?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is why I'd recommend sticking to Verge. Hitagi has hinted at least three different characters only to go back and say, "Nevermind. I was misinformed."

Better to hold on to information and confirm it with other sources than to blurt out any info given to you from a single reliable leaker.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait.

Do we know if amiibo unlock characters like an old rumor stated? I can't find anything new about that, and I'd love it if it did unlock them.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't think that works. It's not even mentioned on the website, although I guess it doesn't say that about WoL either...

WoL will probably be the quickest way to do it at this point.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Youtube comments aren't known for being fountains of truth.
Yeah, whenever I watch Ultimate footage, I usually find that group of people that loves to say how the loser of a match sucks for petty reasons. There's also always those people that tries to say a character is OP off of one match. This place is way more sane in comparison.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
They wouldn't outright confirm it themselves either way; but I'm of the personal persuasion that the DLC wouldn't be anybody featured in the game in any capacity already.

Also Elma wouldn't be promoting a thing.
But why would they box their choices like that? There's precedent for that not being the case (Lucas/Mewtwo trophies).

If they finished the DLC picks around Nov. 6-7, then on Nov. 14 the game had already gone gold, did they spend part of that week removing/adding Spirits instead of polishing the game? That's assuming the game wasn't gold by Nov. 7. Unless they lied and had DLC planned beforehand, which considering the strange ballot/Bayo stuff...

And shh there's gonna be a X port soon

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
But why would they box their choices like that? There's precedent for that not being the case (Lucas/Mewtwo trophies).

If they finished the DLC picks around Nov. 6-7, then on Nov. 14 the game had already gone gold, did they spend part of that week removing/adding Spirits instead of polishing the game? That's assuming the game wasn't gold by Nov. 7. Unless they lied and had DLC planned beforehand, which considering the strange ballot/Bayo stuff...

And shh there's gonna be a X port soon
That could be when everything was locked in, but they almost certainly began negotiating 3rd parties well in advance.

Takahashi outright said in a recent interview that porting X would be almost prohibitively expensive due to how big the game is; just not happening anytime soon, if at all.

D

Deleted member

Graizen

Smash Champion
So, you guys saw the new "Banana Gun" item in Smash Ultimate.

f77.jpg

Here in Brazil we have a Banana we call "Banana da Terra" or in english "Earth Banana".
It is a Big Banana that alot of times have the shape of a Gun.
And we usually use it to make fried bananas with sugar.

46807086_198651857691734_2148496328273952768_n.jpg

D

Deleted member

Guys
We can finally settle the cringe contest
:ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultincineroar::ultsonic: vs :ultmarth::ultcloud::ultshulk::ultpit:
Furries vs Weeaboos

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
As much as I'd like to share in that optimism, it's way easier to get highly requested first parties in than highly requested/expected third parties. Doesn't matter how much Sakurai wants him, how much the fans want him, if Sega's got their head so stuck up their ***** they won't let him in, there's absolutely nothing Sakurai can do about it.

Ridley had to get over Sakurai not wanting him.

K Rool had to get over being dead. Idk if Sakurai disliked him or not, King K Rool was just passed over a lot.

The outcomes for Shadow are not good. Either Sega won't let him in, or Sakurai just dislikes Sonic. Maybe it's not even a dislike as much as Sakurai feels he's given Sonic "enough" representation with only one fighter. And if that's the case then no number of Smash games is gonna change that, unless we bust down his office door or something with our request. Let's not do that for real :p
Even so, I refuse to give up. Sakurai changes his mind all the time and the recent uses of Shadow by SEGA prove that they're still well aware of his popularity. Eventually things will come to a head.
I just can't see the idea of Spirits "deconfirming" future DLC characters.

Like, why? Why would they shut down relatively big names like Rayman because of a Spirit? Or future possible promotion DLC like Elma?

I mean, I don't even believe Assist Trophies can shut down characters.
Why would they ignore Waluigi, Lyn and Isaac when it can make them decent money and please big, vocal fanbases? IntSys/Nintendo love that Lyn money, Waluigi is so popular companies like Netflix were tweeting about his AT status. They'd be stupid not to at least consider them as possible DLC.
Chrom can be a character, FS and Mii costume, so why can't those still function like ATs while being DLC?

It's okay not to expect Spirit/AT characters, but outright shutting them down isn't a good idea imo.
Given that Nintendo made the selections according to Sakurai, I doubt Spirits were a factor at all. If Nintendo wants to shill say ARMS, they won't give any craps about some pngs. of them being in the game already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom