• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if some assist trophies like Willy or Black Knight also act as bosses in Classic mode?
It's possible but all the ones until now was huge. Plus, they said Rathalos was both, they probably would note that if any other character was in the same situation.

I mean people would be ok with cutting Dark Pit tho
I wouldn't be

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What if some assist trophies like Willy or Black Knight also act as bosses in Classic mode?
Black Knight would probably need an AI adjustment so he isn't just mindlessly walking around the stage, but Wily functions identically to how he does in Mega Man 7 (**** that fight) so he'd definitely work as is.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Now for another interesting question...

You have to add 5 characters to the next Smash game and cut 5 that aren't in Melee's roster. Which ones would you add/cut to cause the most chaos that could reasonably be added if Sakurai wished? (so no anime chars, tv show characters, manga characters, etc etc)

I would add:
  • Isaac; but the one from the Binding of Isaac
  • Sora, but he has all Disney imagery removed. Including the Keyblade, now he just punches ****
  • Fortnite Girl with a Fortnite Boy echo. They're both top-tier btw, they're all you'll see in tournaments. Like Brawl Meta Knight but worse.
  • Minecraft Creeper. Who's this "Steve" dude?
  • Boshi as an original character. Who even needs Geno when you got Boshi, Boshi is waaaay cooler

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?
I would add

Tetris Block,
the Ping Pong stick from Pong,
a PUBG character,
the pig from Minecraft,
and Sue from Pacman.

I'd remove

Luigi (since he's just the player two to Mario :p),
Ness (but leave in Lucas),
Pokémon Trainer (but leave in Ivysaur),
Villager (and leave in Isabelle),
and Marth (but leave in Lucina)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If I had control over Smash... hmm. It wouldn't sell at all lol.

Remove: Lucina, Dark Pit, Young Link, Daisy, Mii Fighters, Isabelle (Sorry I just don't really enjoy her...), Bayonetta, Wii Fit Trainer (I thought she was a hilariously good addition, but I also think she doesn't need to keep being in the games), Dr Mario (As you can tell I'm not big on clones/echoes)

Declone: Roy, Ganondorf, Lucas, Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter

Huge Makeover: Dedede, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Megaman

Add: Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Isaac, Banjo Kazooie, Waluigi, Bandana Dee

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Or what if Everyone was back in Smash Ultimate ... except for a really random first-party character who was excluded for no obvious reason. Like they straight up didn't bring back Falco or something. And Sakurai never mentioned it or gave any explanation.
:4falco::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

It's kind of random to leave out those four but include the Player 2 variants.
It begins.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sorry but, is it true that some new spirits have been discovered? Is there a list or something?
I'm interested!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Add:

-Shadow, but he incorporates weapons and vehicles from his game
-Black Knight, but he's shirtless
-Saber, but it's actually a collection of Saberfaces
-Zero, but he has his X4 voice back
-Optimus Prime

Cut:

-Dark Pit
-Toon Link
-Chrom
-Isabelle
-Inkling
I think removing Dark Pit would make more people happy than cause chaos

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Now for another interesting question...

You have to add 5 characters to the next Smash game and cut 5 that aren't in Melee's roster. Which ones would you add/cut to cause the most chaos that could reasonably be added if Sakurai wished? (so no anime chars, tv show characters, manga characters, etc etc)

I would add:
  • Isaac; but the one from the Binding of Isaac
  • Sora, but he has all Disney imagery removed. Including the Keyblade, now he just punches ****
  • Fortnite Girl with a Fortnite Boy echo. They're both top-tier btw, they're all you'll see in tournaments. Like Brawl Meta Knight but worse.
  • Minecraft Creeper. Who's this "Steve" dude?
  • Boshi as an original character. Who even needs Geno when you got Boshi, Boshi is waaaay cooler

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?
:troll:

Add
  • Tap Trial Girl (Mostly for me, but she'd still be quite a controversial addition)
  • Just Dance Guy / Girl
  • Byleth (Because we need more blue haired FE Swordsmen)
  • Banjo Kazooie, but it's their Nuts & Bolts design
  • Pink Gold Peach, a semi clone of Peach

Remove
  • K. Rool
  • Ridley
  • Cloud
  • Snake
  • Ike

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If I had control over Smash... hmm. It wouldn't sell at all lol.

Remove: Lucina, Dark Pit, Young Link, Daisy, Mii Fighters, Isabelle (Sorry I just don't really enjoy her...), Bayonetta, Wii Fit Trainer (I thought she was a hilariously good addition, but I also think she doesn't need to keep being in the games), Dr Mario (As you can tell I'm not big on clones/echoes)

Declone: Roy, Ganondorf, Lucas, Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter

Huge Makeover: Dedede, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Megaman

Add: Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Isaac, Banjo Kazooie, Waluigi, Bandana Dee
Oh man, you're removing all my characters and adding all the characters I don't want (except for BWD. I like BWD.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look y'all, just nobody remove Shulk he's my boy. I need my boy in Smash
Also because Xenoblade is currently selling like hotcakes and is pretty much the flagship modern JRPG on Nintendo's belt.

It used to be Golden Sun but it (and my lad chibi-robo RIP never forget) ****ing died

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yes, he has. (too bad, swing is coming)
...So Pichu is looking cute in this game. (I was gonna say something else, but I didn't want this to get too morbid with talking about swinging)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I doubt his fans would be thrilled.
Please cut him, for the love of god.

If all he'll ever be is an Echo I'd rather have him be an Assist trophy that's faithful to what he does outside of a final smash. :bobomb:

D

Deleted member

You want chaos? That's easy, and I only need one character choice to make everything burn:

I cut Ridley and put in Waluigi.

Seine

Smash Cadet
This one especially. Really feel like Isabelle is going to be the new campy spam character online, replacing Link and Samus.
i understand what you mean but i feel like most characters have been buffed to nerf the effects of that but i still think it will be a problem

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shockingly, dark pit fans wouldn’t be happy if dark pit got cut.
In other news, Shadow fans are dissapointed that he’s an assist trophy.
Shadow was one of my most wanted third parties but honestly people were asking for it by calling him a lock all the time.

D

Deleted member

Shockingly, dark pit fans wouldn’t be happy if dark pit got cut.
In other news, Shadow fans are dissapointed that he’s an assist trophy.
"Local Crash Bandicoot fan isn’t upset about the character not being in Smash due to a late release of some remakes"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please cut him, for the love of god.

If all he'll ever be is an Echo I'd rather have him be an Assist trophy that's faithful to what he does outside of a final smash. :bobomb:
I'll try to remember this while enjoying playing as him. Emphasis on try.

D

Deleted member

Shadow was one of my most wanted third parties but honestly people were asking for it by calling him a lock all the time.
Really, no character is a lock. I wish people understood this. Remember when Rex, Decidueye, and Spring Man were locks for base? Now none of them have a solid chance for DLC.

D

Deleted member

Really, no character is a lock. I wish people understood this. Remember when Rex, Decidueye, and Spring Man were locks for base? Now none of them have a solid chance for DLC.
I’d say inklings and ken were locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom