• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Everyone is cut, and the entire roster now consists of Waluigi dressed as other Nintendo characters.
Everyone is cut except for Waluigi. He doesn't even dress as any other characters it's just him with no alt costumes

D

Deleted member

:troll:

Add
  • Tap Trial Girl (Mostly for me, but she'd still be quite a controversial addition)
  • Just Dance Guy / Girl
  • Byleth (Because we need more blue haired FE Swordsmen)
  • Banjo Kazooie, but it's their Nuts & Bolts design
  • Pink Gold Peach, a semi clone of Peach

Remove
  • K. Rool
  • Ridley
  • Cloud
  • Snake
  • Ike
Pink Gold Peach being a unique is a recurring nightmare of mine

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
i understand what you mean but i feel like most characters have been buffed to nerf the effects of that but i still think it will be a problem
For Isabelle specifically, she doesn’t really have anything she can just launch across the stage for free, unlike Link or Samus. She can spam fair or bair but that is harder to do consistently compared to what Link or Samus does and it has little impact at long range. She can set up the Lloid mine and cast her fishing hook, but that doesn’t force people to approach although it can catch people thrown in her direction (besides, correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t her own Lloid mine hit her too if she’s just standing on it?)

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone notice how Master Hand goes to the left during the footage with Roy ?
And the fact that there are plenty of Master Hand ?
Yup, it could mean there are no Crazy Hand anymore

D

Deleted member

I don't feel like cutting anyone because I don't see a good reason to cut anyone

But that's just me
Literally I've seen people, especially on Gamefaqs (a cesspool tbh) complain about certain characters and say that Ultimate would've been better without them. I don't understand that mentality, you want less movesets and less variety and a net gain of less fun for no extra gain? WTF???

osby

Smash Obsessed
Literally I've seen people, especially on Gamefaqs (a cesspool tbh) complain about certain characters and say that Ultimate would've been better without them. I don't understand that mentality, you want less movesets and less variety and a net gain of less fun for no extra gain? WTF???
No, you see, if you cut characters (especially clones), new and more unique characters will automatically replace them. Obviously you don't know anything about game development.

D

Deleted member

For real, I do think that the next smash game should slim down and cut most of the roster.

D

Deleted member

Cut everyone and replace them with Batman characters.

So DC can use Batman for the 9000th time on his anniversary and ruin Smash’s,

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
That's an interesting idea... cloning existing characters to make room for newcomers... strange but it could work if handled gracefully
Well now that the term echo exists, they can turn previous clone characters INTO echos in order to make room for newcomers AND more echos. It's a win win situation, in my book. New interesting newcomers, and easy to make echos for the pre-existing roster can easily bump up the total amount of fighters. Not to mention that they could also pull this echo thing for stages too.

D

Deleted member

"To celebrate Batman’s 80th anniversary in 2019, we have made a deal with Nintendo to ruin Smash’s birthday by replacing every fighter with Batman reps. World Of Light will last 10 minutes because Batman is that OP, and the Joker will be the villain behind all once again!"

"Also, Harley Queen is the announcer now! Goodbye Xander! People liked you, but Harley Queen is more popular!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well now that the term echo exists, they can turn previous clone characters INTO echos in order to make room for newcomers AND more echos. It's a win win situation, in my book. New interesting newcomers, and easy to make echos for the pre-existing roster can easily bump up the total amount of fighters. Not to mention that they could also pull this echo thing for stages too.
Make Falco an echo and Melee fans will come for your head.

D

Deleted member

THEY'RE SELLING THE ****ING ROSALINA AMIIBO
IT'S BEEN 3000 ****ING YEARS
PREPARE YOUR ANUS EVERYONE

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Because a lot of people only care about the characters they like, all others be damned.

One of my biggest issues with Smash 4 was that it came so close to having everyone, but didn't. I got my R.O.B. back, and some more came back as DLC, but all the missing characters from Brawl and Melee were accentuated by how few of them were still absent. The missing stages also sucked. Corneria not being on the Wii U was criminal.

That's why Ultimate had my passion from the get-go. Even if they added no new characters, it was exactly what I wanted Smash 4 to be. I hadn't been this excited for a game in 8 years. Then they added Ridley, and of course Dark Samus, along with other people's favorites, plus all the other great changes, and now it's going to be one of my favorite games of all time, for sure. I love it not just because of the characters I like, but all the characters that other people like coming in and making it happier for everyone. And it's also why I'm sad that those who didn't get their dream characters, like Isaac or Geno, have had their hopes dashed for now.

People who say other characters should be cut just because they don't like them, or even explicitly to make other people unhappy, are just bitter, spiteful people who derive more pleasure from seeing other people upset than they do other people being happy.

D

Deleted member

wait
there isn't a Snake amiibo
not even on the amiibo website
KONAMI
**** YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom