• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I find the Baby Metroid as a good pick for a character similar to Piranha Plant.

He could have fun animations, an energetic moveset and maybe a cool Final Smash in the form of the Super Metroid.

D

Deleted member

Man, we need an actual straight up knight in smash. I know meta knight is there, but I’m talking more full armour, helmet, etc.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They literally have the same sword but color reversed.
I don't really look at his sword while playing as him Yeah, and there aren't any other heavyset Fire Emblem characters except them.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Smash had a huge budget and full support from Nintendo.

All Stars had a budget that was too small, and lack of faith from Sony.
still, the super to ko mechanich works terrible. It doen't work good in smash either (FS meter) and at least smash have more ways around it.
This is by far PSBA biggest flaw, the roster at least had a couple gems that would help the otherwise lackluster roster more bearable.

(big daddy for smash)

D

Deleted member

Man, we need an actual straight up knight in smash. I know meta knight is there, but I’m talking more full armour, helmet, etc.
They could put in Dark Souls himself, but I feel like Crash Bandicoot would be a better Dark Souls pick.

D

Deleted member

Huh. They did leave out Falco. That's really odd, I wonder why that could be.
Wasn’t falco’s amiibo also released way after all the other base game characters? Maybe that could have something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If I were to put Giovanni in Smash, I'd have him use a Nidoking, Persian, and Honchkrow, with Nidoqueen for a couple of his alts
Good choices!
-Nidoqueen and Nidoking are popular between the players of the original versions of Pokémon Red & Blue, and maybe popular elements during the development of the games if we look at some concept art.
-Persian would be his small reference to the anime which every Pokémon rep includes to some extent.
-Honchkrow is also neat overall, and could give Giovanni a good recovery.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Good choices!
-Nidoqueen and Nidoking are popular between the players of the original versions of Pokémon Red & Blue, and maybe popular elements during the development of the games if we look at some concept art.
-Persian would be his small reference to the anime which every Pokémon rep includes to some extent.
-Honchkrow is also neat overall, and could give Giovanni a good recovery.
Thanks :) and I agree. Honchkrow would be like Charizard for him, plus it's not another Gen 1 Pokémon (since we apparently have too many of those)

D

Deleted member

Now for another interesting question...

You have to add 5 characters to the next Smash game and cut 5 that aren't in Melee's roster. Which ones would you add/cut to cause the most chaos that could reasonably be added if Sakurai wished? (so no anime chars, tv show characters, manga characters, etc etc)

I would add:
  • Isaac; but the one from the Binding of Isaac
  • Sora, but he has all Disney imagery removed. Including the Keyblade, now he just punches ****
  • Fortnite Girl with a Fortnite Boy echo. They're both top-tier btw, they're all you'll see in tournaments. Like Brawl Meta Knight but worse.
  • Minecraft Creeper. Who's this "Steve" dude?
  • Boshi as an original character. Who even needs Geno when you got Boshi, Boshi is waaaay cooler

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?

D

Deleted member

You have to add 5 characters to the next Smash game and cut 5 that aren't in Melee's roster. Which ones would you add/cut to cause the most chaos that could reasonably be added if Sakurai wished? (so no anime chars, tv show characters, manga characters, etc etc)

I would add:
  • Sora, but he has all Disney imagery removed. Including the Keyblade, now he just punches ****
  • Fortnite Girl with a Fortnite Boy echo. They're both top-tier btw, they're all you'll see in tournaments. Like Brawl Meta Knight but worse.
  • Boshi as an original character. Who even needs Geno when you got Boshi, Boshi is waaaay cooler

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?
Creeper is too sensible. You need to add dirt block as a minecraft character. After all, it’s probably one of the most iconic items in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I would add:

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?
You forgot Madden Player as the Activision rep.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I’m curious if some assists like The Black Knight and Dr. Wily are going to be bosses in classic mode.

osby

Smash Obsessed
yeah but then it would be boring people would just say Goku and Spongebob and stuff like that
Goku and Spongebob are boring anime characters, anyway. I'd add interesting ones like Hitagi Senjougahara or Homura Akemi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m curious if some assists like The Black Knight and Dr. Wily are going to be bosses in classic mode.
What if some assist trophies like Willy or Black Knight also act as bosses in Classic mode?

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I think that basically translates to, "We're planning for five DLC characters. That's all I know right now, and I haven't heard anyone mention where we'd stop."

Just gonna have to wait, because I don't even think Nintendo themselves have a definite answer just yet. We'll see how things go going forward.
If I recall correctly Sakurai said he wanted to take a break after ultimate. Finishing the DLC will take at least a year, so maybe it's best not to expect too much.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

I would add:

I would cut:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
Fan favorite who?
Add:

-Shadow, but he incorporates weapons and vehicles from his game
-Black Knight, but he's shirtless
-Saber, but it's actually a collection of Saberfaces
-Zero, but he has his X4 voice back
-Optimus Prime

Cut:

-Dark Pit
-Toon Link
-Chrom
-Isabelle
-Inkling

D

Deleted member

Add:

-Shadow, but he incorporates weapons and vehicles from his game
-Black Knight, but he's shirtless
-Saber, but it's actually a collection of Saberfaces
-Zero, but he has his X4 voice back
-Optimus Prime

Cut:

-Dark Pit
-Toon Link
-Chrom
-Isabelle
-Inkling
I mean people would be ok with cutting Dark Pit tho

also I just searched up how that Black Knight dude looks and I would be ok with that

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Really? idk anything about FE but it explains why he reminds me of Ike so much
They literally have the same sword but color reversed.
Man you all make me want an HD remaster of the Tellius games so badly. They were originally dual blades wielded by Micaiah's swords-woman ancestor, were designed to kill gods, and can shoot laser beams. lol

I'm just glad that FE is getting more non-character related content, just give us another non-generic stage and I'll be content. Dragon's Altar, Grima, Valla, Duma's Altar, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom