• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we got Spyro, we would technically get Spongebob too with him.
And if Cortex gets to appear talking somehow, we would get Doctor Doom too.

If they use the Spyro from the Legend Of games doh, that would be the closest thing to Lord Of The Rings in Smash.
If we got the more likely Hasbro rep... As long as she gets something like Palutena's Guidance with her mentor...
We'd almost technically have Zoe...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@Tougon, that's a pretty rad avatar... Nice to see Goku finally get his long overdue appearance in Smash
"Fiyaa"
:foxmelee::fox: > :fox64: > :4fox: (:ultfox: I’ll need to hear more of)
I'd get called out for:
  • Reducing the roster
  • Remvoing :ultdoc:, and :ultbowserjr:.
  • Replacing :ultsheik:with Impa and Removing :ultyounglink: and :ulttoonlink:.
  • Added Skull Kid and Sylux
  • Removing :ultpichu:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultpokemontrainer:, and :ultgreninja:.
  • Reduce the Fire Emblem roster by removing :ultroy:,:ultike:/:ultrobin:,:ultlucina: ,:ultcorrin:, and :ultchrom:, leaving only :ultmarth: and :ultike:/:ultrobin: with Eldeguard being a newcomer (@staindgrey trigger warning).
  • Adding Elma and Rex & Pyra.
  • Removing :ultpalutena: and :ultdarkpit: ( TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 triggger warning).
  • Removing :ultrob:, :ultwiifittrainer:, and :ultduckhunt:.
  • Reducing 3rd Party cast to :ultsonic:,:ultbayonetta:,:ultmegaman:, :ultpacman:, :ultcloud:, and :ultsnake:/:ultsimon:.
  • Adding Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, and an SMT character as 3rd Party newcomers.
So, yeah. I'd take some serious heat from the community.
idgaf about Pittoo being cut...but everything else is a definite trigger from you to Mii
I think that Red has the same voice actor as Ash in Spain (or at least one who sounds similar, but after my experience with the dub of Spider-Man PS4, i feel like i shouldn’t discard any possibility).
I think I feel bad for Spain if Ash sounds as bad as Ultimate Red
Viridi is a tsundere confirmed
She’s been confirmed to be one since Uprising, where she can’t figure out her obvious crush on Pit

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'd get called out for:
  • Reducing the roster
  • Remvoing :ultdoc:, and :ultbowserjr:.
  • Replacing :ultsheik:with Impa and Removing :ultyounglink: and :ulttoonlink:.
  • Added Skull Kid and Sylux
  • Removing :ultpichu:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultpokemontrainer:, and :ultgreninja:.
  • Reduce the Fire Emblem roster by removing :ultroy:,:ultike:/:ultrobin:,:ultlucina: ,:ultcorrin:, and :ultchrom:, leaving only :ultmarth: and :ultike:/:ultrobin: with Eldeguard being a newcomer (@staindgrey trigger warning).
  • Adding Elma and Rex & Pyra.
  • Removing :ultpalutena: and :ultdarkpit: ( TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 triggger warning).
  • Removing :ultrob:, :ultwiifittrainer:, and :ultduckhunt:.
  • Reducing 3rd Party cast to :ultsonic:,:ultbayonetta:,:ultmegaman:, :ultpacman:, :ultcloud:, and :ultsnake:/:ultsimon:.
  • Adding Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, and an SMT character as 3rd Party newcomers.
So, yeah. I'd take some serious heat from the community.
Every time that this whole “what would you do if you were the director for smash” question comes up, I get increasingly thankful that we have Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

:foxmelee::fox: > :fox64: > :4fox: (:ultfox: I’ll need to hear more of)

idgaf about Pittoo being cut...but everything else is a definite trigger from you to Mii

I think I feel bad for Spain if Ash sounds as bad as Ultimate Red

She’s been confirmed to be one since Uprising, where she can’t figure out her obvious crush on Pit
It’s fine.
They aren’t the same voice actor in the end.

The Spider-Man thing got too much into my mind.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
If you were given the choice to be in charge of the next Smash Bros game, would you take it? I personally wouldn't.
Sounds cool, but I don’t think I’d be ready for that kind of responsibility. (I mean, I don’t even make prediction or even wishlist rosters on here :p )

I’d likely opt to prefer to make my own small indie title with my own characters... all of the creative control with none of the responsibility (Don’t like it? Don’t play it, it’s just a small indie game, or try it anyway, it’s cheap and you might actually like it) although of course that’s a lot more work for me to do personally since I wouldn’t have tons of devs to do the actual programming and modeling work for me.

D

Deleted member

Every time that this whole “what would you do if you were the director for smash” question comes up, I get increasingly thankful that we have Sakurai.
I'd make the least mess
I'd have no cuts
Add more fan favorites (Waluigi, Isaac, Rayman, Geno, etc.)
The only thing I would do that causes a ****storm is adding Zoe

D

Deleted member

It's okay. I wouldn't make Smash games. I love the series, it's my all time favorite, but no way in hell would I want to be in charge of it.
I'd imagine.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh good! She can't have Pit though, because Pit has Palutena (I dunno, I've never played the game)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If we got the more likely Hasbro rep... As long as she gets something like Palutena's Guidance with her mentor...
We'd almost technically have Zoe...
Palutena is too good to be talking about people below her ranking (unless they’re :ultchrom:...cause respect)

...now Pit and Viridi on the other hand...
It’s fine.
They aren’t the same voice actor in the end.

The Spider-Man thing got too much into my mind.
Don’t let the Web-Head get to you
Hasbro is probably never gonna get a character, but if they do it would probably be optimus prime.
why am I even discussing this
Cause you’re a robot in disguise
I'd imagine.
Imma just assume you did the other cut ideas on purpose (cause last time I checked...we need :ultrosalina::ultpalutena:)...though :ultdarkpit: leaving won’t change much unless we never get dark characters again

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd add Dixie and B Dee as the final first parties, then a bunch of third parties.
What third parties come to mind for you?
Hasbro is probably never gonna get a character, but if they do it would probably be optimus prime.
why am I even discussing this
Uh... no. It has to be Rich Uncle Pennybags...
His final smash would be sending people opponents directly to jail... In this state, they would not be able to pass Go or collect 200 dollars
Help me, pls

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Same here. If we as the fans were in charge, this game would be a joke (no offense to us fans)

D

Deleted member

Because he needs to reunite with Snake, Bomberman, and Simon.

View attachment 178744
What game is this? This looks weird as hell lol.
Imma just assume you did the other cut ideas on purpose (cause last time I checked...we need :ultrosalina::ultpalutena:)...though :ultdarkpit: leaving won’t change much unless we never get dark characters again
I mean, it's my roster, so I get to choose who stays and who goes. I might keep Rosalina, but I sure as hell would cut Palutenia. Sorry is the idea offends you, but it is what is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would actually like to see how another game dev handles Smash so we can have a comparison point.

Maybe see someone like P4A's Katsura Hashino or DBFZ's Tomoko Hiroki who clearly have a big love of their fanservice and refefences.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh good! She can't have Pit though, because Pit has Palutena (I dunno, I've never played the game)
Honestly who knows who Pit is pimping out with (besides Medusa obviously, every other female have no problem with Pit and would make for a good relationship with him)
I mean, it's my roster, so I get to choose who stays and who goes. I might keep Rosalina, but I sure as hell would cut Palutenia. Sorry is the idea offends you, but it is what is.
Don’t worry about what offends me, it’s not like any of us will get to lay a hand on Smash creation wise

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same here. If we as the fans were in charge, this game would be a joke (no offense to us fans)
Most fan rosters are more biased than Sakurai ever could dream of and they generally lack any newcomers half as interesting as R.O.B.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would actually like to see how another game dev handles Smash so we can have a comparison point.

Maybe see someone like P4A's Katsura Hashino or DBFZ's Tomoko Hiroki who clearly have a big love of their fanservice and refefences.
Hashino, eh? I wonder how he'd add a character that's more fan-service-y than ZSS and Bayo.

D

Deleted member

Most fan rosters are more biased than Sakurai ever could dream of and they generally lack any newcomers half as interesting as R.O.B.
My version of Piranha Plant would probably be a Metroid or the Bokoblin from Breath Of The Wild.

For the first one, the Final Smash would turn it into the Super Metroid.

D

Deleted member

Uh... no. It has to be Rich Uncle Pennybags...
His final smash would be sending people opponents directly to jail... In this state, they would not be able to pass Go or collect 200 dollars
Help me, pls
b91.jpg

Fighting against Pennybags would be worse than fighting Sonic. Matches would take forever.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If fans had control, it would be full of 3rd party, cartoon and anime characters with no pokemon, no FE and very little mario, ect

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Picking Hashino would cause Project:Re Fantasy to get delayed to like 2030

D

Deleted member

And it would ruin friendships- wait, it already does.
Even worse, just when you think you're about to KO him, he lands on Free Parking, and because the Pennybags player is playing with the made up Jackpot rule, he heals back to 0%.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I had just had a scary thought...
Imagine if the PlayStation All Stars crew made Smash 6...

You know picks like Corrin and Incineroar being chosen mostly for relevance? That'd be like 90% Of the roster...
Also, Banjo would get in as a guest character, but it's his Nuts & Bolts incarnation...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If fans had control, it would be full of 3rd party, cartoon and anime characters with no pokemon, no FE and very little mario, ect
I would not do that.
In fact, every franchise would have a playable villain, so you could expect Giovanni and Black Knight from me.

The only third parties who i would add are Crash, Spyro and Banjo.

Nothing from anime, comics or even japanese movies (including the pipe dream of the Fantastic Four and Jet Jaguar).

For Mario, you could expect at least these: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Bowsy & Koopalings, Fawful and Piranha Plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom