• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I had just had a scary thought...
Imagine if the PlayStation All Stars crew made Smash 6...

You know picks like Corrin and Incineroar being chosen mostly for relevance? That'd be like 90% Of the roster...
Also, Banjo would get in as a guest character, but it's his Nuts & Bolts incarnation...
Pics like that in All Star where forced and not decided by the team.
They actually wanted Lara Croft, Cloud Strife, Snake, Ty and i think Tomba. Also close to adding Abe.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imagine if the Playstation All Stars crew made Smash 6...

You know picks like Corrin and Incineroar being chosen mostly for relevance? That'd be like 90% Of the roster...
Also, Banjo would get in as a guest character, but it's his Nuts & Bolts incarnation...
Nah, I got no beef with the PSASBR crew.
They were clearly forced by higher ups to include recent marketing picks over the iconic versions of characters from the higher ups.

Otherwise, we wouldn't have characters like Parappa or that weird cat thing or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if the PlayStation All Stars crew made Smash 6...

Kojima begged the team to add Raiden. Unfortunately, the game was too far in development, and Raiden would be the first 3rd party character revealed for Nintendo All-Stars Battle Royale 3.

D

Deleted member

Kojima begged the team to add Raiden. Unfortunately, the game was too far in development, and Raiden would be the first 3rd party character revealed for Nintendo All-Stars Battle Royale 3.
Funnily enough, apparently the reason Snake wasn’t in PS all-stars was because Kohima didn’t want snake and raiden fighting each other and told them to only include raiden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Most fan rosters are more biased than Sakurai ever could dream of and they generally lack any newcomers half as interesting as R.O.B.
Good thing Sakurai has rules. Gotta make this game at least somewhat serious

D

Deleted member

I have some ideas for my joke character too.

Some that could actually be decent (Baby Metroid or Lizalfos), and others that would probably not be so effective (Crocomire or Madden Player).

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, apparently the reason Snake wasn’t in PS all-stars was because Kohima didn’t want snake and raiden fighting each other and told them to only include raiden.
Source? I always thought getting Raiden instead of Snake was more due to budget.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Watch fans cutting Incineroar and Corrin for being one-offs and then add Geno and Skull Kid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If fans had control, it would be full of 3rd party, cartoon and anime characters with no pokemon, no FE and very little mario, ect
Well, I wouldn't remove every Mario character. But I won't talk about my Smash ideas anymore because I know everyone hates me because of them.

D

Deleted member

Watch fans cutting Incineroar and Corrin for being one-offs and add Geno and Skull Kid.
No.
I would keep everyone, and even add another Pokémon rep in the form of Giovanni and also a FE villain like Black Knight.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have some ideas for my joke character too.

Some that could actually be decent (Baby Metroid or Lizalfos), and others that would probably not be so effective (Crocomire or Madden Player).
Lizalfos would actually be pretty cool, though I think Bokoblins would be more likely, since they're more well known

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, I wouldn't remove every Mario character. But I won't talk about my Smash ideas anymore because I know everyone hates me because of them.
I don't hate you, I just find some of your ideas illogical.

D

Deleted member

Lizalfos would actually be pretty cool, though I think Bokoblins would be more likely, since they're more well known
I also considered Bokoblins, although i felt that Lizalfos could be more shocking since Bokoblin has an amiibo already (Piranha Plant didn’t before Ultimate).

But yes, i considered them too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No.
I would keep everyone, and even add another Pokémon rep in the form of Giovanni and also a FE villain like Black Knight.
I wouldn't focus on labels. A character should get in Smash based on their moveset potential and importance to Nintendo, not because they can fulfill an imaginary quota of more villain or female characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't focus on labels. A character should get in Smash based on their moveset potential and importance to Nintendo, not because they can fulfill an imaginary quota of more villain or female characters.
Pffffft. We need Medusa in because she'd be a female Kid Icarus villain.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Smash had a huge budget and full support from Nintendo.

All Stars had a budget that was too small, and lack of faith from Sony.
Now all See is Nintenso taking care of their baby, taking it to the park, playing with it, giving it kisses

and Then at Sonys house, All Stars is running in the street and Sony just watches

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh me having control over Smash would be an AWFUL idea. I would just add a ****ton of Zelda and Xenoblade characters and would end up forgetting about like every other series lmao

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I was a tad triggered when you suggested removing Mewtwo but you’re still cool to me.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No.
You would make Giovanni a playable fighter? Oh wait, you mean Giovanni as a Pokémon Trainer, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can see your point.
But i feel that Pokémon could get a rep who represents the evil teams from every main title to go alongside the trainer rep and the actual Pokémon. Evil teams are a running element in the main games, so it would be cool to have a character representing them.

You would make Giovanni a playable fighter?
Yes, similar to Pokémon Trainer, but with Dark and Poison Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dunno much about Fire emblem, but black knight looked cool. I like how he just walks through attacks without flinching and he has a badass voice and armour.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
:4falco::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

It's kind of random to leave out those four but include the Player 2 variants. Either way if it's limited to 50 this might be the rarest Smash & Amiibo merchandise after Zero's E3 Trophies and Gold Mega Man (MM11).

Am betting this will end up around $800. Hopefully the poster will be made available separately as it would look pretty cool on a wall.

osby

Smash Obsessed
tbh me having control over Smash would be an AWFUL idea. I would just add a ****ton of Zelda and Xenoblade characters and would end up forgetting about like every other series lmao
I guess I'd add Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee but aside from them, not sure. It's an unnerving idea to being able to decide something so big.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yes, similar to Pokémon Trainer, but with Dark and Poison Pokémon.
If I were to put Giovanni in Smash, I'd have him use a Nidoking, Persian, and Honchkrow, with Nidoqueen for a couple of his alts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom