• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Misty's anime design is used for her trophy in Melee. I'm also not positive that Ai No Uta is ever used in its original form in a Pikmin game, but the song's in Brawl.
Oh yeah, that song was used in the commercials

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Xander sounds a lot less motivated in doing his job than he did 4 years ago.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I were in charge of Smash, I'd definitely give Mewtwo an English VA. It's so unfair that only people in Japan get to hear Mewtwo talk like he did in the anime.

I'd also tie SE's hands and force them to give us the green light to use the English VA for Cloud.

D

Deleted member

Definitely not. I find that whenever I try making games, the scope tends to creep beyond anything I can possibly make (and that's when I'm using materials, like sprites and sounds, that already exist), and with a fanbase as large and diverse as Smash Bros., it would be impossible to please most of it.
Too damn true. The Smash community is a living minefield. You can't do anything without setting it off.
Choose your main characters based on this video:

The hell is this?

D

Deleted member

So we all know anime and manga characters can't be playable, but have there ever been any trophies, stickers, spirits, music, or anything else represented in the game that is not from a videogame, aside from Sakurai's cat?
Ash-Greninja

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So we all know anime and manga characters can't be playable, but have there ever been any trophies, stickers, spirits, music, or anything else represented in the game that is not from a videogame, aside from Sakurai's cat?
I meeeeeaaaaaaan,
Besides Pikachu (And Eevee.) , none of the Pokemon actually have vocalizations in the video games.
Obviously that'd be rather dull in the fighting game so they took that page from the anime.

At least that's my understanding. A lot of Pokemon related things are anime derivative.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I Hope we get another ballot for assist trophies and spirts the chaos would be amazing
Wouldn't it be the first ballot for assists? A ballot for making assist trophies and spirits playable in the next game would be pretty great. My vote would be for Amy, or Cream if she's a spirit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you were given the choice to be in charge of the next Smash Bros game, would you take it? I personally wouldn't.
I'd be down for it. I'd add all sorts of cool stuff if I could. I already know you can't please everybody so I'm just going by what would be sick to me.

Vegeta Laugh.gif

AND NO ONE COULD STOP ME!!!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So Master Hand does appear but he doesn't have any percentages, which probably means no wacky Crazy Hand or anything, so I kinda predicted that it would just be a classic fight.

Master Hand with Roy doesn't make a lot of sense though, so if Wolf is a Brawl newcomer does that mean every other Brawl newcomer has to face a Brawl boss or something?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If you were given the choice to be in charge of the next Smash Bros game, would you take it? I personally wouldn't.
I wouldn’t either. Too much of a responsibility and I don’t know a whole lot of video game programming. The least I could do is making the character models and renders.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview
"You have 74 characters that will be available at launch and the additional five coming with the Fighters Pass. Is that the end of the character releases at this point?

JCR: We have the five. To be clear, that's five fighters, five stages, and a selection of music. That's what we got."

This doesn't outright say "we're just doing the five DLC characters and that's that", but huh. Of course there was also that Nintendo guy saying something about the DLC not being started until base game was finished which may have been proven untrue or something?

D

Deleted member

I just noticed this in the overview trailer but Morag is a spirit! As black Lucina with a blue Palutena as a Brighid stand-in! Ngl I thought she would have a blue Zelda that only spams Din's Fire but this is super cool! And the floor being on fire might be a reference to Confining Flames too... Sakurai really loves Xenoblade doesn't he lol

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Xander sounds a lot less motivated in doing his job than he did 4 years ago.
Dude's had a lot more work since Smash 4 (as that was his big break), he's gotten older and more roles. Voice acting is a taxing job on your vocal chords, shockingly.
Wouldn't it be the first ballot for assists? A ballot for making assist trophies and spirits playable in the next game would be pretty great. My vote would be for Amy, or Cream if she's a spirit
The anarchy that would erupt from an Assist Trophy Promotion Ballot would be legendary and is very much something I want to see happen. Of course I'd be Team Shadow all the way, that's a mistake in need of correction.

D

Deleted member

That's part of what would make it fun for me.
I'd just make a meme out of the more toxic people and move on lmao
I'll say this. If I become head of Smash, I'm going to end up public enemy #1 for the Pokemon fanbase and Fire Emblem fanbase. Probably Kid Icarus fans too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
It's a Nintendo character named Goku. I've secretly wanted him in just to mess with people who requested Goku, and I'm thrilled to see him in, even just as a spirit.

Fun fact: The game Goku comes from (Yuyuki) is, just like Dragon Ball, based on Journey to the West, and both Gokus are based on Sun Wukong. He's the closest thing we could ever get to Goku.
Kuon Kuon To add on to this here’s Goku from Dragon Ball’s early concept art:

Goku was literally, as Freeza puts it, a ‘filthy monkey’.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude's had a lot more work since Smash 4 (as that was his big break), he's gotten older and more roles. Voice acting is a taxing job on your vocal chords, shockingly.
I wasn't talking about the quality, I was talking about how he talked.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview
"You have 74 characters that will be available at launch and the additional five coming with the Fighters Pass. Is that the end of the character releases at this point?

JCR: We have the five. To be clear, that's five fighters, five stages, and a selection of music. That's what we got."

This doesn't outright say "we're just doing the five DLC characters and that's that", but huh. Of course there was also that Nintendo guy saying something about the DLC not being started until base game was finished which may have been proven untrue or something?
I think that basically translates to, "We're planning for five DLC characters. That's all I know right now, and I haven't heard anyone mention where we'd stop."

Just gonna have to wait, because I don't even think Nintendo themselves have a definite answer just yet. We'll see how things go going forward.

D

Deleted member

So, if I made the roster for the next Smash game, given the reaction some of my ideas have garnerd would be more pissed off: Pokemon fans or Fire Emblem fans?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A quick question while we're on the topic of Xander Mobus... If the protagonist from Persona 5 got in as a playable Smash character, would that mean we'd basically be playing as the announcer?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just noticed this in the overview trailer but Morag is a spirit! As black Lucina with a blue Palutena as a Brighid stand-in! Ngl I thought she would have a blue Zelda that only spams Din's Fire but this is super cool! And the floor being on fire might be a reference to Confining Flames too... Sakurai really loves Xenoblade doesn't he lol
"eXpLoSiVe FlAmE!"

I love you Palutena, but can you at least say it once in every other use?

A quick question while we're on the topic of Xander Mobus... If the protagonist from Persona 5 got in as a playable Smash character, would that mean we'd basically be playing as the announcer?
Yes. Yes, we will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I did some of my Ultimate YTP
But it's not gonna be finished for a while
So here's a preview

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, if I made the roster for the next Smash game, given the reaction some of my ideas have garnerd would be more pissed off: Pokemon fans or Fire Emblem fans?
Pokemon, I guess Fire Emblem fans should be used to be targeted by cut-happy fans by now.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think that basically translates to, "We're planning for five DLC characters. That's all I know right now, and I haven't heard anyone mention where we'd stop."

Just gonna have to wait, because I don't even think Nintendo themselves have a definite answer just yet. We'll see how things go going forward.
Like I imagine they might just wait and see how this round of DLC does before considering any beyond it . Wisely not putting their eggs all in one basket, even tho Smash DLC would be expected to do well. After all, they said that this is the Super Smash Bros series, so we're leaving the door open for new challengers in the November direct.

That being said, it wouldn't be worth it if Sakurai, needing of a break, worked himself to bad conditions again through even more DLC :p

D

Deleted member

ProsafiaGaming could learn the way to post videos about new games without showing spoilers from someone called Batman Arkham Videos.

That dude didn’t use spoilers in the thumbnails as far as i remember.

osby

Smash Obsessed
*stares at picture for a few minutes*
*comes back to reality*
"OH ****, right, Xander voices him too"
We have Joker's voice actor in Smash either way. Jun Fukuyama voices both him and Roy in the Japanese version.

Viridi is a tsundere confirmed
She was drooling over Link's cheekbones and calling him a monkey in the same conversation, I don't think we need any more confirmation.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see her and Chrom are on good terms. Probably.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we got Spyro, we would technically get Spongebob too with him.
And if Cortex gets to appear talking somehow, we would get Doctor Doom too.

If they use the Spyro from the Legend Of games doh, that would be the closest thing to Lord Of The Rings in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ProsafiaGaming could learn the way to post videos about new games without showing spoilers from someone called Batman Arkham Videos.

That dude didn’t use spoilers in the thumbnails as far as i remember.
I remember when Sun and Moon weren't quite out yet, and youtube thumbnails gave away some massive spoilers for me and a lot of other people...
Man, that was annoying...

Hoping the same thing doesn't happen with World of Light...
(Though, it probably will, unfortunately...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom