• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
have you ever played PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale?

It wasnt a bad game... was Mediocre... but there's a cool idea from there that I liked a lot, the combination of stages... but not "in the Ultimate way", more like, monsters or creatures or events from other games invading the stage, ex: That Killzone invasion to Parappa's Stage.

Would be cool to see Metal Gears invading Onett, or the BOTW Robots invading Animal Crossing world, or viceversa... Yoshis on Norfair, etc-

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Necrozma not being a Pokeball summon is interesting since it’s pretty important to the plot of USUM and is pretty much the equivalent of Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem. Maybe that’s the Pokémon boss.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It feels like you've been here forever!

Lance in Let's Go is stupid.
"I have a team of Dragons!"
Has only one Dragon.
Hey, Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl are all dragons in spirit. Leave them be.
I don't know how much his team was changed since Firered/Leafgreen, but I'm gonna assume it's mostly the same.

Edit: Fire Red is an old game but I figured I should spoiler it just in case.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
... "This is false except for when it's true"
There's specific fighter spirits separate from the others. The only one that sticks out is Pirate K. Rool (who has a completely different design). The WFT stuff is easily explained because Smash 4 had a dozen or so trophies of WFT just in different yoga poses.

Untouch

Smash Master
It feels like you've been here forever!

Lance in Let's Go is stupid.
"I have a team of Dragons!"
Has only one Dragon.
I like how he has Seadra... you know... because it evolves into Kingdra... which isn't even in the game...

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I just hope when they ever do a Gen 8 they don't mess up Rival or make them interesting A Pokemon Rival doesn't have to be a jerk to be a good rival they just have to interesting and not forgettable Like Hau and Trace who are just nice and have no personality

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To add to the previous Palutena's Guidance talk, we got K.Rool's entry.

https://youtu.be/dr7y7xvJtYA
(idk how to make it so the vid thumbnail appears)

Sadly people have been saying Viridi's VA seems different. I'm just glad Pit's VO is at least the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was stupid there too.
Don't make a dragon trainer if you only have one strong dragon Pokemon in the game!
Nothing beats Elite Four Flint in Diamond and Pearl. His team consists of Rapidash, Infernape, Lopunny, Drifblim, and Steelix. Lopunny and Steelix run Sunny Day to power up their Fire Punch and Fire Fang (which makes Steelix power up the type its weak to) and Drifblim's only fire move is Will-O-Wisp.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Tinfoil hat theory time. :psycho:
Galleem is the collective will of the entire smash fandom wanting to add every character they like in the game (each hand represents one of us). In our desire to get our favorite characters, we have no other way but to mod them by using the characters that already joined the battle. And the whole theme behind world of light is to keep that collective from influencing smash.

I cant wait for people to mod their own spirit battles.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
*sees that 2/3 of my wanted characters just got executed*

Ah, boy. Gonna be one of those days.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, since Codecs are gone but Guidance is here, I expect a lot of "SaKuRaİ bİaS". Don't fail me, Smash fandom!

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
To add to the previous Palutena's Guidance talk, we got K.Rool's entry.

https://youtu.be/dr7y7xvJtYA
(idk how to make it so the vid thumbnail appears)

Sadly people have been saying Viridi's VA seems different. I'm just glad Pit's VO is at least the same.
Viridi's VA is completely different and Palutena sounds like she's been changed as well; IIRC didn't Brandy Kopp say she wasn't going to voice her anymore? She was already replacing Ali Hillis.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Tinfoil hat theory time. :psycho:
Galleem is the collective will of the entire smash fandom wanting to add every character they like in the game (each hand represents one of us). In our desire to get our favorite characters, we have no other way but to mod them by using the characters that already joined the battle. And the whole theme behind world of light is to keep that collective from influencing smash.

I cant wait for people to mod their own spirit battles.
I mean it probably does represent character requests, since Master Hand has always represented a kid playing with their toys, and Tabuu was like a representation of an adult who merely collects and doesn’t play (except maybe competitively), kind of like Will Ferrell’s character from the Lego Movie.

So Galeem probably represents the collective fanbase to some extent, who wants to incorporate every possible character and franchise into the game, to truly make it “The Ultimate Smash Bros.”, when realistically that’s impossible.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That could just mean Bethesda has no affiliation with the game whatsoever. ;)
Ssh. This obviously means that every possible DLC character is from Bethesda. End of story.
no srsly, Dovahkiin pls. Then I don't care who else...

But if Spirits are eligible, it's still absolutely criminal that everyone is getting promoted around Tails, when Tails is the star of one of the most well-known Smash hoaxes from Melee. We need Sonic's BFF!

D

Deleted member

Found some footage of
Giga Bowser. He doesn't appear to have his stupid Melee/Brawl run animation and that's a shame.

She is the goddess of nature... she probably doesn't like people eating her creations...
Man committed a sin... disturbing the life cycle of nature... The original sin that man is responsible to... To protect the LOIF cycle.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Found some footage of
Giga Bowser. He doesn't appear to have his stupid Melee/Brawl run animation and that's a shame.

Man committed a sin... disturbing the life cycle of nature... The original sin that man is responsible to... To protect the LOIF cycle.
Farewell friends.
(falls off building)
Goodbye, Goldman.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Found some footage of

Yoooo share that footage. That sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom