• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can kinda relate to Geno's popularity, even though while I was one of those who played Super Mario RPG for the SNES, I never paid attention to Geno's popularity until the days of Brawl. He is pretty cool in my book, though.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I know with the 5 DLC characters that likely at least 2 of them will be Nintendo, maybe more. It’s kind of hard to imagine that we won’t get another Pokémon and FE character.

But I wouldn’t mind if all 5 were third party. Square is an obvious one, and I think Microsoft is pretty likely. Ubisoft still doesn’t have a character in Smash so Rayman would be cool.

As for the other two I’m surprised Namco doesn’t already have another character. Lloyd would be awesome. And for the last one I’d really like to see Sega get another. I’m not even a huge Sonic fan but Tails or Eggman would be sweet. I know Tails has a spirit already, but who knows.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Found this gem

"Welcome to the Social Thread! Here you can talk about orgasms, religion, furries, Madoka, or none of those things! Here are some of our most notable members!

@Tougon , who won't stop using Madoka gifs! EVER."

Can I delete my past self? **** must've been obnoxious.
Looking back through all these old posts, and seeing all these old users, I'm now imagining "Super Smashboards Ultimate"

EVERY USER IS
HERE!

And it's just a thread filled with every single user to ever use Smashboards, even the ones who left for good.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Man...the Grinch leak was such a mess causing so much chaos in the Smash community, I was 100% Team Real and wanted it to be legit so bad.

You couldn’t blame us for being stubborn, the roster it leaked looked absolutely perfect.

I mean, freaking Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Isaac, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids?
A massive majority of the fanbase could’ve been satisfied if it was legit, aside from a few fans lack their characters

Yeah, there were background inconsistencies but there was a buckload of evidence and hints including the infamous companies involved as well as the videos removed.

It really sucked and shattered my heart that all the memes, fan-art, and hype was a complete waste when it turned out to be fake in the end thanks to the Direct.

But :ultincineroar: looks great and I never hated him so atleast he can be fun.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh No...I Am So Very Scared Of Ariga's #Epic Snarky Comments...
Again teasing you so don't get riled at me.
1494885592071.png

Looking back through all these old posts, and seeing all these old users, I'm now imagining "Super Smashboards Ultimate"

EVERY USER IS
HERE!

And it's just a thread filled with every single user to ever use Smashboards, even the ones who left for good.
I miss Space Stranger.
Those were blessed days before the mods struck us down.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man...the Grinch leak was such a mess causing so much chaos in the Smash community, I was 100% Team Real and wanted it to be legit so bad.

You couldn’t blame us for being stubborn, the roster it leaked looked absolutely perfect.

I mean, freaking Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Isaac, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids? It was amazing.

Yeah, there were background inconsistencies but there was a buckload of evidence and hints including the infamous companies involved as well as the videos removed.

It really sucked and shattered my heart that all the memes, fan-art, and hype was all a waste when it turned out to be fake in the end.

But :ultincineroar: looks great and I never hated him so atleast he can be fun.
Man, I know what you mean. Aside from the evidence and such, the Grinch leak really DID tear us apart. Big time. I wonder if the person who made that leak ever stepped forward?

D

Deleted member

Did this thread go from Smash Bros. Ultimate to Smash Social Discussion?
NZ has honestly remained the same from before I was here and now.

EVERY USER IS
HERE!

I can confirm that Alek Poster and Space Stranger would be the joke characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There were some rude or obnoxious people on Team Fake, but Team Real was both much and much, much more emotionally invested in being right. That was a bit if a recipe for disaster.

I'm not going to generalize all of Team Real as being awful, but there were a lot more in that group who were. Many of them got arrogant because their's was the popular opinion, and many would be offended at the suggestion that it would be fake because they wanted their most wanted to be in or for the box theory to die that much. That's why it got so nasty.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I know what you mean. Aside from the evidence and such, the Grinch leak really DID tear us apart. Big time. I wonder if the person who made that leak ever stepped forward?
Considering the guy not only framed an entire company, but potentially stole someone's identity, doesn't seem like a very smart idea to do so.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Considering the guy not only framed an entire company, but potentially stole someone's identity, doesn't seem like a very smart idea to do so.
Yeah, but one way or another, I bet the world will find out who he/she was.

And if not, I will owe you five bucks.

Which is why he got it commissioned with his numerous Rosalina hating stacks of money
He has that much money, huh? Still, I don't know. I believe he did not know about it until the leak came out when it was too late and he was just jumping in for attention.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Still think it's mariotehplumber tbh
I keep saying this. It's right in front of us, and was right in front of us before the November direct. I didn't mention it at the time because it was a wild god damn theory that I would have been laughed at for.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, but one way or another, I bet the world will find out who he/she was.

And if not, I will owe you five bucks.

He has that much money, huh? Still, I don't know. I believe he did not know about it until the leak came out when it was too late and he was just jumping in for attention.
Dude bought like 300 Rosalina's he's got more than enough cash

He definitely knew about it going by those Discord logs

Soulweaver145

Smash Rookie
There are people out there who are hyped as **** about Piranha Plant. You can't decide what is hype.

You can however decide what isn't hype though, Isabelle isn't hype, **** Isabelle.
I'm joking of course I like all of Ultimate's newcomers
As someone who isn't that hyped about Isabelle, I'd say they timed her inclusion trailer poorly. It didn't do a good job hyping me up since I am not a big Animal Crossing Fan anymore.

But yea, hype is dependent on the person. I am super hyped even though I don't care about any of the newcomers and was Team Real, cause at least I still get to play as Ike, Roy, and Cloud.

Just hoping I get 1 DLC character that interests me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dude bought like 300 Rosalina's he's got more than enough cash

He definitely knew about it going by those Discord logs
But was he really that involved in the leak? Just because he knew it from those logs doesn't mean he was involved directly, if at all. We simply do not know much to decide if it was him or not, or do we?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Can't argue with me on this, since I'm not ProJared.

I have no opinion Mallow or Geno.

For a more serious answer to Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! 's question, Geno just really resonated with most of the people who played Super Mario RPG for some reason.
Are the people who want Geno just the SMRPG fans or are there people that haven't played the game who want him in?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But was he really that involved in the leak? Just because he knew it from those logs doesn't mean he was involved directly, if at all. We simply do not know much to decide if it was him or not, or do we?
I mean...there's more evidence for him than anybody else
There's a VERY specific phrase he used that the Chadandorf leaker also used

Who's this Mariotehplumber guy? Why did he buy a crap ton of Rosalina amiibo?
He's an evil little man who hates the space cutie and wanted to rob her fans of the amiibo

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

He's an evil little man who hates the space cutie and wanted to rob her fans of the amiibo
Could be a coincidence, either way, we still don't know for sure. Just because he used that phrase doesn't mean it was him.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
There are people out there who are hyped as **** about Piranha Plant. You can't decide what is hype.

You can however decide what isn't hype though, Isabelle isn't hype, **** Isabelle.
I'm joking of course I like all of Ultimate's newcomers
Except Incineroar. He isn't hype, but that's why he is hype. :shades:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are the people who want Geno just the SMRPG fans or are there people that haven't played the game who want him in?
I played SMRPG. He's rad.

So people couldn't have them. Legit, that's why, calling Rosalina fans something like "Hentai waifu perverts".
I heard he bought a lot of Rosalina amiibos just so no one else could buy them, and then he burned them all
Wow, that's uh...
That's pretty dumb.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Who's this Mariotehplumber guy? Why did he buy a crap ton of Rosalina amiibo?
Some guy who decided to show his hate for Rosalina by buying tons of her amiibo so other fans couldn't get them.

A.K.A. Some guy who hated Rosalina so much he gave Nintendo hundreds of dollars in exchange for her.

D

Deleted member

Some guy who decided to show his hate for Rosalina by buying tons of her amiibo so other fans couldn't get them.

A.K.A. Some guy who hated Rosalina so much he gave Nintendo hundreds of dollars in exchange for her.
I remember him as some dude who pitched a fit about modern Sonic games lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom