• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
All this talk of the ESRB leak is reminding me of something that was posted in a character interest list thread on gamefaqs:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, speculation talk's just water under the bridge.
Let bygones... be bygones.
You dare tell me to have a moral compass?
I will send offensive tweets to Sakurai to ask for a SMT/Persona character so they're forever tarnished, do not test me.

Shroob

Sup?
Don’t generalise. As someone who was rather neutral, there were certainly plenty of ***** on both sides. The fact that people started forming teams and taking things personally was sign of that.
Nah, I stand by TeamFake was pretty much without fault on this one.

I mean, we had an influx of users who joined this tread with Grinch Avatars and "October 2018" join dates, and.... well I'd argue that most of them are gone now. There are some still around, like you, but a LOT of the people here who joined simply due to the leak high-tailed in back to /v/ when it was over.

D

Deleted member

I just got done speaking to President Smashboards and they confirmed that every Incineroar fan gets one (1) free snarky post in return for the crap he got before his reveal.
Sorry but as the omnipotent god of smashboards I’m gonna have to veto this decision.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Don’t generalise. As someone who was rather neutral, there were certainly plenty of ***** on both sides. The fact that people started forming teams and taking things personally was sign of that.
But Onereasonanddone, don't you know that every person who believes a certain thing all think and act the same way?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dark Pit was an odd situation. He was not clearly told to us he was playable in the trailer. It was a hint he was in the game in some way. He didn't ever get his own proper trailer. He also didn't even get the Newcomer text on the website.

However, there's good reason to believe Palutena's trailer was created before Dark Pit was made playable. Lucina got her own trailer with Robin. That means that Echoes clearly would be noted normally. It means that he didn't screw up, but he also didn't intend to hint at Dark Pit. it's a happy coincidence. If he wanted it clear Dark Pit was a newcomer in that trailer, he would've been labeled as such. It simply happened later on, and he isn't going to redo the entire video as is for it. That takes time and resources to redo. All he really needed to do at best was label him as a Newcomer on the website(the only error he made). It was pointless to say he existed within the Final Smash Direct, as the game was fully out and everybody knew it. So if there was a chance, he'd have have to have done it sometime after Palutena's Trailer. Considering everything, he was in a bad position to give the information to begin with, so it was harder to note it. He could've at best said a quick thing after Palutena's Trailer during that time, but then Dark Pit wouldn't have gotten a proper trailer to say he exists. A lot of the Smash Trailers weren't during proper Smash Directs, which gives him no time to do so. And again, he was already known by that point, so all Sakurai could even do was write "newcomer" on the website and... that's it.

I'm glad he is making sure all trailers are dropped during directs now to prevent this kind of thing from happening again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just got done speaking to President Smashboards and they confirmed that every Incineroar fan gets one (1) free snarky post in return for the crap he got before his reveal.
He didn't get any substantial crap, they just didn't want a Pokemon. It didn't matter which one it was. This isn't even a joke anymore it's just ego. Bad ego.
And only I can have ego.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I love how all of you get to act condescending and ***holish towards the rest of the community and nothing happens but when I do it I get an infraction.
Y’all talk a big game about how “toxic” the community is yet you’re toxic yourself. I mean, I guess you kind of have the right to gloat since in the end you were right, but still.
I think the main issue is you're just popping off at anyone that replies to you. The way you talk really affects how people see you. The vocal minority here is trying to stay positive, it's not that people aren't talking about what's wrong about the game, this just isn't the place we're doing it.

If you really want an opinion so bad, I think the game is lacking in places it shouldn't be. Having no home-run contest, board the platforms, or break the targets is a really odd choice for me. These are very iconic modes, maybe not the most played, but still MAKE what smash was. To not have any of these things when fans have always been disappointed by their decay of these modes throughout the new titles is honestly shocking to me. I am really pumped about World of Light, don't get me wrong, but I honestly would've taken a shorter story for a more collaborative title.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh man, going back through my old posts, I noticed one about being sad that Weavile wouldn't be returning for Smash 4. Man, I completely forgot about Weavile. It was OP as hell, but I really do miss it.
I was Zinith 0.5 back in the Smash 4 days holy ****.

This is the worst best trip down memory lane ever. Thanks, Blargg888 Blargg888 for posting this garbage :laugh:
Yeah, I don't really like reading some of my old posts either.

Some of them were good, like the Ganondorf edit I made in the funny pictures thread.
I still think it's pretty funny.

Others...
Wait no, I was actually 13.

Lmao look at this ****ing idiot
View attachment 178568
Wait what?

You're younger than me?

Huh, I always thought you were older.
Oh god.

Dark Pit.

I got called such an idiot for saying he was 100 percent confirmed to be in Smash Bros after Palutena's trailer.

''But they didn't show a screen smash!"

People legitimiately did not know the meaning of a ''cliffhanger."
To be fair, it was a pretty valid point at the time.

Even in hindsight, if you look at every Smash 4 Newcomer he is the only character that didn't get one. It's especially weird since Lucina got one too.

Even the Miis got some, albeit in the form of real people.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Honestly don't know if that is better or worse. lol
This is likely the actual reason the roster is currently organized via number. People complained that late additions like the clones, or DLC like Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas were in the wrong place on the CSS because they were added at the end, so now the CSS is organized in such a way that the end is the place where new characters are supposed to be placed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's just like when Steve gets in because I'm about 90 percent on it happening. I'm calling some people who weren't about him suddenly becoming all about him.

It happened with Isabelle too. ''I don't want to beat her up." became ''I really wanted her." after her reveal for sizable portion of people.

People say a lot of things in hindsight in this community that is always kind of worth a bit of a small chuckle for how silly we can be.
If it means anything. I don't want the Minecraft guy, and I still don't plan to use Isabelle since I don't use Villager either.

Excited for them Belmonts and Ridley though. Easily the characters I'm most interested in playing as.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This is likely the actual reason the roster is currently organized via number. People complained that late additions like the clones, or DLC like Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas were in the wrong place on the CSS because they were added at the end, so now the CSS is organized in such a way that the end is the place where new characters are supposed to be placed.
That would make sense. Guessing rearranging to CSS would be a bit harder than I imagine it to be then.

D

Deleted member

I mean, we had an influx of users who joined this tread with Grinch Avatars and "October 2018" join dates, and.... well I'd argue that most of them are gone now. There are some still around, like you, but a LOT of the people here who joined simply due to the leak high-tailed in back to /v/ when it was over.
They were trolls. They weren’t actually on team real, they just wanted to incite anger. And based on this post I guess it worked. That’s the nature of things like this. Also remember Andre from gamexplain comparing people who thought it was real to trump supporters?

Noipoi

Howdy!
He didn't get any substantial crap, they just didn't want a Pokemon. It didn't matter which one it was. This isn't even a joke anymore it's just ego. Bad ego.
And only I can have ego.
When are you lads gonna learn to not take all my posts seriously? Do you really think that I think Inci fans should get a pass to be jerks? That's stupid.

Now chill out, paisano.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why argue about the CSS when it's ordered by number of appearance now and eternally ****s everybody up for the first few weeks when they try to find someone but they can't for 10 seconds. If there's no "select by series" like on the website Sakurai is officially the most absolute madman.

Shroob

Sup?
They were trolls. They weren’t actually on team real, they just wanted to incite anger. And based on this post I guess it worked. That’s the nature of things like this. Also remember Andre from gamexplain comparing people who thought it was real to trump supporters?
I never disagreed with that sentiment

I mean what? I never said anything.

And please, you couldn't even talk about it being fake/box theory outside of this website without being labeled as an idiot/blind/********. EVERY.SINGLE post on reddit that suggested Box Theory could be right was downblasted until it was marked as spam on Reddit.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He was an unworthy relic with no potential. Only recent thing about him people would note was Ghostly Adventures. His importance and star power was all in the past and forgotten about for people here.

You could go back to before his reveal and just find pages of comments with heaps of likes about how he shouldn't get in, people don't want him, etc.
That I could never get. I though Pac-Man was gonna be the first guy shown for Smash 4, before Villager and Mega Man did. Glad he made it in, he's a true OG.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
I didn't really care whether or not the leak was fake, but seeing Team Real constantly jump on to every little easily explainable discrepancy time and time again was really annoying.

Also my headcanon is that Nintendo is responsible for the Grinch leak.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You dare tell me to have a moral compass?
I will send offensive tweets to Sakurai to ask for a SMT/Persona character so they're forever tarnished, do not test me.
HA,
As if SMT's got a large enough reputation to tarnish.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Ah man, I remember thinking it was impossible that they'd bring Dr. Mario of all characters back. How times change.
I remember being pissed about Cloud.

...Oh man, I was a 16 year old acting both twice my age and half my age.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why argue about the CSS when it's ordered by number of appearance now and eternally ****s everybody up for the first few weeks when they try to find someone but they can't for 10 seconds. If there's no "select by series" like on the website Sakurai is officially the most absolute madman.
Well... it won't be a problem for hardcore fans.

Because they'll likely have spent the last 6 months obsessing over the character order.

...I pity the casuals.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When are you lads gonna learn to not take all my posts seriously? Do you really think that I think Inci fans should get a pass to be jerks? That's stupid.

Now chill out, paisano.
Untitled.png

When are you going to learn you can't control the very disgruntled opinionated beast inside me?

Anything new?
Nothing will be new for a good 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member

And please, you couldn't even talk about it being fake/box theory outside of this website without being labeled as an idiot/blind/********. EVERY.SINGLE post on reddit that suggested Box Theory could be right was downblasted until it was marked as spam on Reddit.
That doesn’t change the fact that you can’t pretend team fake were quote ‘angels’. If you went to resetera for example, it was mostly team fake. Both ‘teams’ had people in them who were *****. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I love how all of you get to act condescending and ***holish towards the rest of the community and nothing happens but when I do it I get an infraction.
Y’all talk a big game about how “toxic” the community is yet you’re toxic yourself. I mean, I guess you kind of have the right to gloat since in the end you were right, but still.
Here's the thing
Incineroar was one of the hypest possible notes to end on

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

While you are absolutely wrong and Team Fake did have a lot of ***** on their side, it doesn’t matter. History is written by the victor, after all. I could say that every single person who believed the Grinch leak also denies the Holocaust and enjoys torturing small animals, and while that statement is wrong, people are gonna believe it because Team Real lost in the end, and on the Internet, once you’re wrong once, you’re wrong forever.
So congratulations. You get to be as toxic as you want with absolutely no repercussions. I hope you’re happy.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

I wonder how Reddit reacted when Box Theory was confirmed in the first five minutes of the Direct, considering how anti-Box they were. I was relying on school wifi at the time so I couldn't check out their megathread. Must've been a ****show.

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn’t change the fact that you can’t pretend team fake were quote ‘angels’. If you went to resetera for example, it was mostly team fake. Both ‘teams’ had people in them who were *****. Nothing more, nothing less.
That's really not how I remember it.

The time I went on ResetEra during the hype of the Grinch Leak, the "Team Real" poll showed Team Real way FAR outnumbering Team Fake. It probably wasn't until the Insiders started talking that TeamFake grew.

D

Deleted member

I never even heard of SMT until you came in SmashBoards.
Huh, i thought the series had a decent enough cult following.

That's really not how I remember it.

The time I went on ResetEra during the hype of the Grinch Leak, the "Team Real" poll showed Team Real way FAR outnumbering Team Fake. It probably wasn't until the Insiders started talking that TeamFake grew.
When I checked at least, people seemed mostly team fake. But that doesn’t matter so much, I’m just saying you shouldn’t generalise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Found this gem

"Welcome to the Social Thread! Here you can talk about orgasms, religion, furries, Madoka, or none of those things! Here are some of our most notable members!

@Tougon , who won't stop using Madoka gifs! EVER.
"

Can I delete my past self? **** must've been obnoxious.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, just a little question: What characters that you wanted in Ultimate have you almost/completely given up on? Just curious.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Im still kind of not so happy with them because of that nonsense, if just because I hate when people drag political crap into everything like that.

I do know Incineroar and its fans got a lot of crap even before the Grinch leak as the people who don't like it tend to be very loud about it, some getting angry if you didn't share their hatred with them. It wasn't my most wanted pokemon but even sitting on the sidelines for a while on gamefaqs at least it got tiring to see a lot of the hatred for it mixed with nonsensical arguments and insults flung at its fans.
I know they should be above it but it's hard for me to get angry with its fans if they gloat a bit afterwards. There is of course a limit to that as well though

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
I wonder how Reddit reacted when Box Theory was confirmed in the first five minutes of the Direct, considering how anti-Box they were. I was relying on school wifi at the time so I couldn't check out their megathread. Must've been a ****show.
By my count, there were approximately 3,456,111,924,702 posts that said something along the lines of "most disappointing Direct ever" that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom