• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I remember being pissed about Cloud.

...Oh man, I was a 16 year old acting both twice my age and half my age.
Funny enough, despite my bitter hatred of fighting him in FG, I defended Cloud's inclusion at the time. Can't say the same for Corrin and Bayo, and while I believe I behaved perfectly fine when they were revealed, man, oh man was I pissed. It doesn't matter to me now though. I got 2/5 of my most wanted, and 1 of the other 3 still has a really good chance to be DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Found this gem

"Welcome to the Social Thread! Here you can talk about orgasms, religion, furries, Madoka, or none of those things! Here are some of our most notable members!

@Tougon , who won't stop using Madoka gifs! EVER."

Can I delete my past self? **** must've been obnoxious.
No, you can not. Learn from your mistakes.
3263263632263.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you not like me? You seem very annoyed by my presence sometimes, i'm sorry if i've angered you before...
Calm down.

Ah except, he was. Sorry.
Except he's not. The "hype note" has to be universal. Say ending with :sonic: or :4pacman: would've been a "hype note".

With Incineroar there was no hype, just "eh, it was coming" or "NOOOOOOOOOO MY GENNOOOOOOO AAAAAAAA GRINCH WHYYYYYY".

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
While you are absolutely wrong and Team Fake did have a lot of ***** on their side, it doesn’t matter. History is written by the victor, after all. I could say that every single person who believed the Grinch leak also denies the Holocaust and enjoys torturing small animals, and while that statement is wrong, people are gonna believe it because Team Real lost in the end, and on the Internet, once you’re wrong once, you’re wrong forever.
So congratulations. You get to be as toxic as you want with absolutely no repercussions. I hope you’re happy.
Except I don't think anyone's being 'toxic'.

The reason you've been infracted is probably due to your fatalistic outlook on things and how it spirals into pure vitriol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More or less: "Cant wait to get a Luci---BALD MAN!!!"
This Wrys bashing will not go unnoticed. >:^(

Speaking of which I'm still so happy they made Wrys a spirit.

D

Deleted member

Never really understood the Geno hype. Mind explaining?
People have wanted geno for a very long time and he’s sustained a certain degree of popularity. Simple as that.

Also I’m going to sleep now, hopefully I won’t have 20 pages to catch up on.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Funny enough, despite my bitter hatred of fighting him in FG, I defended Cloud's inclusion at the time. Can't say the same for Corrin and Bayo, and while I believe I behaved perfectly fine when they were revealed, man, oh man was I pissed. It doesn't matter to me now though. I got 2/5 of my most wanted, and 1 of the other 3 still has a really good chance to be DLC.
"I got 2/5 of my most wanted"
OTL

No, but seriously, I'm happy for the people who got what they wanted in Newcomers.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
People have wanted geno for a very long time and he’s sustained a certain degree of popularity. Simple as that.

Also I’m going to sleep now, hopefully I won’t have 20 pages to catch up on.
You won't have 20 pages to come back to.

You'll have 40 pages to come back to, with discussion having turned to whether Wario's a Libertarian.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I’m more interested in looking back at brawl speculation. It’s been, what, a decade? Smash 4 times were pretty turbulent too though. Ridley’s shadow comes to mind.
Brawl speculation is kinda hard to grasp due to the Internet not being as big as it is now. While it was there, it wasn't as big, especially in the case of Snake. When it comes to the Smash fanbase, not a lot of people knew who Snake was. Some did know, but it wasn't a big reaction, especially in comparison to Sonic being revealed. Sonic being revealed had the Internet going all sorts of wild, pretty sure making headline news at the time and the thing no one stopped talking about. However, the Internet also had plenty of mock up rosters for Brawl some going to the absurd degrees (I'm talking 100+ characters) which were entertaining.

Smash 4's speculation cycle was...interesting. Since after E3 2011, people were speculating about how the game was gonna be but the news from then were completely dead silent up until 2013 where we finally got Smash 4's trailer with Villager and Mega Man. Obviously, Mega Man was the highlight and made people think about the possibilities of who can be added. Then we got the Gematsu leak and that's where things started changing. People were certifying this thing as true since it basically got every newcomer right.....until Robin/Lucina popped in and said "NOPE". Chrom getting deconfirmed (in a very dirty manner if you ask me...) was the thing that got people talking besides Robin and people started to think "well what now? Now that Gematsu ain't real, who can be in the game now?". That's when the ESRB leak came knocking on the door and the rest is history. The Ridley shadow was certainly a point of contention though looking back, I think it was obvious Ridley wasn't going to be playable. Also, the Pic's were also scary because of the Assist Trophy deconfirmations (this is especially true in Ghirahim's case, where people were angry about his deconfirmation, myself included).

Smash 4 however had probably the most amount of droughts in any speculation period, especially since it's announcement all the way to it's reveal. 2 whole years not knowing almost anything about the game and then the drought from E3 all the way to Rosalina was also really bad. The Smash site in this one didn't help matters, constantly serving us menu's as Pic's of the day then characters or worthwhile content, to the point where it became a meme here on Smashboards. Ultimate had it's droughts as well, in particular Isabelle all the way to the November direct and especially after The Grinch made his mark and the drought after E3 to the Simon bomb.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No, but seriously, I'm happy for the people who got what they wanted in Newcomers.
We all need this attitude xD
I just wanna know.
It's cool if you don't like me, you can't be friends with everyone. I just want to know if i've done anything wrong to you, and if I can fix it.
I know I'm not in this conversation, but I just wanted to say, that's a really good way to handle a situation. Good on you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey just an idea but what if hype is an emotion and therefore purely subjective?
Hey just an idea but what if you can measure it to determine a correlation?

1522891215235.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

upload_2014-8-29_18-49-19.jpeg

SHULK WAS FAKE THE WHOLE TIME.

Though this was sadly not used as evidence against ESRB, Smash 4 Social truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There are people out there who are hyped as **** about Piranha Plant. You can't decide what is hype.

You can however decide what isn't hype though, Isabelle isn't hype, **** Isabelle.
I'm joking of course I like all of Ultimate's newcomers

NineS

Smash Lord
edit: accidental quote(?)
Found this gem

"Welcome to the Social Thread! Here you can talk about orgasms, religion, furries, Madoka, or none of those things! Here are some of our most notable members!

@Tougon , who won't stop using Madoka gifs! EVER."

Can I delete my past self? **** must've been obnoxious.

You cannot erase your history.
Your history will follow you forever.

Believe me, I learned that the hard way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom