• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
He made several videos about the Chaddondorf leak, one where he outright says he made the leak, then corrects himself as a joke, and another where he says that things were going to go down very soon, the day before the Grinch leak came out. It was him, and it's kinda sad cause he won. He hates the Smash community and wanted to see them suffer, and that's what he got.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I’d really just like the whole ‘everyone who believed the Grinch hoax was a big dum-dum’ put to rest.

Actually step back for a moment and realize the only actual EVIDENCE against it was the empty background. That was literally it.

‘That’s a lot of characters’ was not an argument. ‘There’s no way they actually got x’ was not an argument. ALL that was against it was the background.

Compare that to Marina being able to come out, but ACP-PLV not releasing any kind of statement, the ridiculous amount of circumstantial evidence between series trademark renewals and what looked like a Golden Sun item, and how much it actually matched up with a lot of Sakurai’s past statements, and it looked more and more reasonable by the day.

I should have taken the background more seriously, as I’ve said before, but one thing being off compared to so many things lining up led me, and hopefully others with similar mindsets, to believe it.

Ya’ll can stop parading the fact you ‘won’, we know we were wrong but you can stop acting like we’re colossal idiots when you literally only had one actual argument the whole time compared to a constantly growing list of conincidences.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
There are people out there who are hyped as **** about Piranha Plant. You can't decide what is hype.

You can however decide what isn't hype though, Isabelle isn't hype, **** Isabelle.
I'm joking of course I like all of Ultimate's newcomers
I wish all people were joking about "**** Isabelle". I was reading some YouTube comments earlier and a lot of people were saying how Isabelle's reveal was so boring and the worst and, well, they make it seem like it's fact that "Isabelle is boring and not hype" when it's really, like, just their opinion

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I remember him as some dude who pitched a fit about modern Sonic games lol.
And had a ****in', like, addiction to ****in' saying, like, ****in', alot. And hated literally everything that wasn't Classic Sonic (both character and game wise)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean.

I don't understand why not.

Commissioning someone to do the mural would be the hardest part.
Perhaps so.

In the end, maybe it wasn't him, maybe it WAS him. You can feel free to believe it was him, but just respect my point of view that I, well...don't really think it was him.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Mariotehplumber won. He made the Grinch leak specifically so when it was confirmed fake it would destroy the hype for the game, and it worked. You all played into his hands perfectly. Yes, even the ones on Team Fake. The discourse and vitriol that it caused was the entire point.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
I’ve actually heard some people in the past say hype is a mental illness.
approximately 94% sure that's not how mental illness works. At worst it's a symptom.
Ya’ll can stop parading the fact you ‘won’, we know we were wrong but you can stop acting like we’re colossal idiots when you literally only had one actual argument the whole time compared to a constantly growing list of conincidences.
Hey fun fact: Not a single person has done that in the time since this topic has been brought up, unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Perhaps so.

In the end, maybe it wasn't him, maybe it WAS him. You can feel free to believe it was him, but just respect my point of view that I, well...don't really think it was him.
Wasn't trying to DISrespect that view was just trying to show why I feel this way

Here's one last tidbit for you to think on tho;
He made several videos about the Chaddondorf leak, one where he outright says he made the leak, then corrects himself as a joke, and another where he says that things were going to go down very soon, the day before the Grinch leak came out. It was him, and it's kinda sad cause he won. He hates the Smash community and wanted to see them suffer, and that's what he got.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wish all people were joking about "**** Isabelle". I was reading some YouTube comments earlier and a lot of people were saying how Isabelle's reveal was so boring and the worst and, well, they make it seem like it's fact that "Isabelle is boring and not hype" when it's really, like, just their opinion
While I don't dislike Isabelle on a personal level, I agree with people who say her trailer was the least exciting.
It really was kinda boring, IMO.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mariotehplumber won. He made the Grinch leak specifically so when it was confirmed fake it would destroy the hype for the game, and it worked. You all played into his hands perfectly. Yes, even the ones on Team Fake. The discourse and vitriol that it caused was the entire point.
I wouldn't say it destroyed hype entirely for everyone. It barely fazed me, especially since I started believing the leak less and less as we got closer to the direct. When I saw it was fake, I was like, "Oh well. At least I have Isabelle, Daisy, Inkling, Robin and Lucina

D

Deleted member

The story of the Grinch hoax is literally just How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but if the Whos did actually cry "boo hoo" because the Grinch stole all their presents.

So I guess the Jim Carrey version of The Grinch for a little bit

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
approximately 94% sure that's not how mental illness works. At worst it's a symptom.

Hey fun fact: Not a single person has done that in the time since this topic has been brought up, unless I'm mistaken.
I’ve seen jokes at the expense of people who believed it just about every other day since it was deconfirmed. You can literally go back four or five pages and see a few.

Shroob

Sup?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wasn't trying to DISrespect that view was just trying to show why I feel this way

Here's one last tidbit for you to think on tho;
I know you were not trying to disrespect it. No biggie. It's cool. If it WAS him, I'll be damned, probably twice as much for being an atheist. :laugh:

And wow, he hates the Smash community? I wonder why? At least here, we seem chill compared to other places. Still, I wonder how much free time he has because he sure seems to have a lot of it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I originally wanted Decidueye, but the idea of Incineroar grew on me once I considered the Pro Wrestler moveset he could have.

My feelings on the matter were confirmed when I saw him. He looks super fun.

I’ve said it plenty of times, but if you keep an open mind to the gameplay potential, there are fewer ways for you get salty/upset with the game. Even Isabelle, who I wasn’t extremely off the charts hyped for puts a smile on my face when I see how she plays.

Idk. In general I think the Smash fanbase places far too much importance on who gets in and not enough on WHAT they can do. Obviously the big names should get in, but we’re also at the point where, well, most of the big names are there.

I wouldn’t consider some “hype” picks that are left to be big names, but this is also why I think we aren’t getting another Smash for some time.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I’d really just like the whole ‘everyone who believed the Grinch hoax was a big dum-dum’ put to rest.

Actually step back for a moment and realize the only actual EVIDENCE against it was the empty background. That was literally it.

‘That’s a lot of characters’ was not an argument. ‘There’s no way they actually got x’ was not an argument. ALL that was against it was the background.

Compare that to Marina being able to come out, but ACP-PLV not releasing any kind of statement, the ridiculous amount of circumstantial evidence between series trademark renewals and what looked like a Golden Sun item, and how much it actually matched up with a lot of Sakurai’s past statements, and it looked more and more reasonable by the day.

I should have taken the background more seriously, as I’ve said before, but one thing being off compared to so many things lining up led me, and hopefully others with similar mindsets, to believe it.

It also completely went against what Sakurai had stressed (there being fewer newcomers) and was blatant fanservice with choices that would be largely be considered obscure to anybody outside the Smash community.

The only thing you guys had going was anecdotal evidence-- VS hard evidence/art analysis and half the insiders in the goddamn industry coming out and saying "yeah no".

It made no logical sense, had everybody worth their salt going against it... and a bunch of people just plugged their ears because it had what they wanted and fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
While I don't dislike Isabelle on a personal level, I agree with people who say her trailer was the least exciting.
It really was kinda boring, IMO.
And that's fine if you thought her trailer was boring, but for people like myself and certain YouTubers, we loved her reveal simply because we really wanted her in the game

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know you were not trying to disrespect it. No biggie. It's cool. If it WAS him, I'll be damned, probably twice as much for being an atheist. :laugh:

And wow, he hates the Smash community? I wonder why? At least here, we seem chill compared to other places. Still, I wonder how much free time he has because he sure seems to have a lot of it.
He's just a bad man. Don't worry about him friend.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

Hey, here’s some advice: It’s pointless. Team Fake were treated like idiots, insulted and even sent death threats multiple times. It’s only fair that they get to do the same now that they’re right. That’s how the world works. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, at least we can say we've finally got more western characters in the series now.

3 of them at that. I might do a Squad Strike with this team or something.

East vs West:
Dark Samus, K. Rool and Diddy vs Roy, Lucas, and Corrin.
3 Characters from the West vs 3 characters put into Smash before their Western debut.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Too many characters was perfectly valid as an argument. 7 characters in one direct is just not realistic, especially when some of those characters could have been revealed in October then.

However, I otherwise agree, taunting those on team real is counterproductive to speculation as a whole. Don't do it.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
I’ve seen jokes at the expense of people who believed it just about every other day since it was deconfirmed. You can literally go back four or five pages and see a few.
You're gonna have to quote those, because I went back to pages 8060-8061 and saw arguably one.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, but can we all agree that these two are the biggest "Oh, ****!" moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom